Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > AW Library > The LIBRARIAN
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2006, 09:59 PM   #26
BardSkye
Barbershoppin' Harmony Whore

BardSkye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBardSkye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBardSkye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBardSkye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBardSkye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBardSkye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBardSkye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBardSkye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBardSkye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBardSkye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBardSkye is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Okay, it's up in the Science Fiction/Fantasy section. Would you be so kind as to check and make sure everything is good? Especially the cover thumbnail; I'm having some problems getting file sizes right and it may be too big.

Many thanks!
BardSkye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 04:44 AM   #27
ChunkyC
It's hard being green

ChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Looks good! The cover's a bit large, but not overly so. It can stay that way. I'll let Roger know (mod of that room in the library) so that he knows you asked about putting it up, and so that he can add your listing to the index.

Stories of Strength
My listing in the Absolute Write Library.
Support the Author Advocate Defense Fund

ChunkyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 05:15 AM   #28
BardSkye
Barbershoppin' Harmony Whore

BardSkye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBardSkye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBardSkye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBardSkye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBardSkye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBardSkye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBardSkye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBardSkye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBardSkye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBardSkye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBardSkye is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Thank you, darlin'. Much obliged.
BardSkye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 07:32 AM   #29
OneTeam OneDream
Been a long time...

OneTeam OneDream has earned our admirationOneTeam OneDream has earned our admirationOneTeam OneDream has earned our admirationOneTeam OneDream has earned our admiration
Sports??...what about Sports?? Where would they go? Non-Fiction perhaps?
OneTeam OneDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 05:10 PM   #30
ChunkyC
It's hard being green

ChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Yeah, I'd put it in non-fiction, Chris.

Stories of Strength

Old 12-07-2006, 01:18 AM   #31
AdamH
Pumped Up Kicks

AdamH is a glorious beacon of lightAdamH is a glorious beacon of lightAdamH is a glorious beacon of light
Hi Charlie,

I was wondering if there's a place for stories published in e-zines. Should these just be placed in the Magazines section?

-Adam

AdamH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 02:31 AM   #32
ChunkyC
It's hard being green

If it's fiction, I'd put it under the appropriate genre.

Stories of Strength

Old 02-23-2007, 02:51 AM   #33
JeanneTGC
I *am* Catwoman...and Gini Koch
WPR Dominatrix

JeanneTGC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJeanneTGC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJeanneTGC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJeanneTGC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJeanneTGC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJeanneTGC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJeanneTGC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJeanneTGC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJeanneTGC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJeanneTGC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJeanneTGC is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I have a couple questions, relating to humor.

First, are humorous shorts that have been published okay to put up?

Next, if they are, and are online, is putting up the link to the humor short acceptable? I think I would run into problems if I posted the pieces anywhere but where they were published, since they own the first internet rights.

Action, Adventure, Romance & Humor
Coming December 2, 2014, Universal Alien -- Preorder NOW!

--Click the covers to go to my website for details & more!

Submit your poetry, humor & shorts to Raphael's Village!
JeanneTGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 02:54 AM   #34
Rich
Self-Banned

Rich leaves trails of profuse coolnessRich leaves trails of profuse coolnessRich leaves trails of profuse coolnessRich leaves trails of profuse coolnessRich leaves trails of profuse coolness
I got a book overdue two months. I've recently heard that it can affect my credit rating. Since I would shoot any librarian who would report it, what would my sentence be?
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 04:56 AM   #35
ChunkyC
It's hard being green

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanneTGC View Post
I have a couple questions, relating to humor.

First, are humorous shorts that have been published okay to put up?

Next, if they are, and are online, is putting up the link to the humor short acceptable? I think I would run into problems if I posted the pieces anywhere but where they were published, since they own the first internet rights.
Putting a link to them is fine. We don't want the actual work posted here anyway, the Library is just meant to be a catalogue.

Stories of Strength

Last edited by ChunkyC; 02-23-2007 at 04:59 AM.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:41 PM   #36
Thekherham
The Alien Writer

Thekherham is on a distinguished road
I have some questions:

Would books printed by lulu.com be allowed to be listed? I currently have one on that site and I may have another later this year (after I've done the editing etc.)

Do I have to use my real name when posting the books? I have written these books under pseudonyms, so would it be these pseudonyms that I use? (They are two very different types of books, and the name I use for the one would not fit the other)

Thank you for your replies.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:09 AM   #37
Sarita
PBS Mind/MTV World

Sarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thekherham View Post
Do I have to use my real name when posting the books? I have written these books under pseudonyms, so would it be these pseudonyms that I use? (They are two very different types of books, and the name I use for the one would not fit the other)
You can have the MOD of the genre post them for you if you A) don't want it associated with your user name or B) Don't want 2 books with different names associated with each other.

Quote:
Would books printed by lulu.com be allowed to be listed?
Yes, self-pubs are allowed per CC, here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChunkyC View Post
Question: What kind of books are allowed in the Library?

Anything a visitor to the Library could get a hold of out in the real world, or online. As I mentioned above, we want the Library to be inclusive. Therefore self pubbed/vanity press etc. books qualify because they are something a person could purchase if they knew where to find them. Remember, the Library is intended to be a place for us to discover what our fellow members have written, not to make any judgements on how it was published.

Winter is on my head, but eternal spring is in my heart.~ Hugo
Sarita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 05:33 PM   #38
williemeikle
The force is strong in this one.

williemeikle has a double-platinum reputationwilliemeikle has a double-platinum reputationwilliemeikle has a double-platinum reputationwilliemeikle has a double-platinum reputationwilliemeikle has a double-platinum reputationwilliemeikle has a double-platinum reputationwilliemeikle has a double-platinum reputation
Any chance of starting a Film library section?

I've written a couple of shorts that are getting made, and have a feature coming later in the year, and it would be cool to have other screenwriters here be able to cataloge our film creadits in a similar way to the way we do our books....

Willie
Old 02-27-2007, 06:54 PM   #39
ChunkyC
It's hard being green

Great idea, Willie. I'll get it up at some point today (dratted day job keeps interfering with important stuff like this....)

Stories of Strength

Old 04-19-2007, 09:17 PM   #40
spywriter
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

spywriter is on a distinguished road
Number of posts

Hello,

I want to list my book here, but there is rule that says you must have 50 or more posts. I have 34 under the new webpage, but when you guys ran it in the old system a few years ago, I had over 100 posts. When you moved, everyone started from 0 again. Do my previous posts count, or not?

Thanks!
spywriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 09:36 PM   #41
ChunkyC
It's hard being green

I think we can bend the rule for you, spy. The restriction was just to prevent spammers and the like from doing drive-bys, and the 50 post thing reflects the level you need to reach for the system to automatically move you from being a Registered User, to a Super Member, so it was the easiest way for us to set it up.

What I'll do is manually add you to the Super Member group, since you're nearly there anyway (and coz you asked real nice-like ). Lemme know if you run into any problems making your library post.

Stories of Strength

Old 04-23-2007, 08:29 PM   #42
spywriter
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

spywriter is on a distinguished road
Library

Thanks a lot! I appreciate the time it will take you to do that. I will give it a go this week and I will let you know if I have any problems!
spywriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 10:28 PM   #43
Toothpaste
OUTCAST is out now!!!!

Toothpaste is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsToothpaste is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsToothpaste is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsToothpaste is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsToothpaste is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsToothpaste is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsToothpaste is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsToothpaste is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsToothpaste is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsToothpaste is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsToothpaste is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hey, my book isn't out until August, but is available to pre-order online, is it okay to put it up anyway?

My Website,
Follow Me On Twitter!

Toothpaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 06:21 AM   #44
badducky
No Time For Chitchat, Kemosabe.

badducky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbadducky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbadducky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbadducky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbadducky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbadducky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbadducky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbadducky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbadducky is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'd like to second Toothpaste's question...

badducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 07:37 PM   #45
ChunkyC
It's hard being green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toothpaste View Post
Hey, my book isn't out until August, but is available to pre-order online, is it okay to put it up anyway?
Sure! Just note the release date in your entry, and that it's available for preorder. You can go back and tweak the post after it's released.

Stories of Strength

Old 06-22-2007, 08:16 PM   #46
scrivener
sans souci

scrivener is on a distinguished road
I'd like to list a couple of my books in the library but I am confused about starting a new thread or what?
scrivener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 09:34 PM   #47
ChunkyC
It's hard being green

Full instructions on posting to the Library are here.

Stories of Strength

Old 08-17-2007, 07:31 AM   #48
wayndom
practical experience, FTW

wayndom is a shiny, shiny jewelwayndom is a shiny, shiny jewel
cover photo?

Never mind... made it work.

Last edited by wayndom; 08-17-2007 at 07:48 AM.
wayndom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 07:32 AM   #49
Cassidy
writing for kids and teens

Cassidy has a spectacular auraCassidy has a spectacular aura
Hi,
I just posted my new book in the library (under children's/YA) but am having trouble with formatting... my list looks ok on my screen but when I post it all just runs together. I just cut and pasted the template from the instructions page so I'm not sure what the problem is. Any suggestions for how I can fix it? Also, what is the insert image function and how do find it? Thanks!
Old 09-12-2007, 04:46 AM   #50
ChunkyC
It's hard being green

Hi Cassidy!

Sorry it took a while to get here. I see you have the formatting squared away. As for the insert image thingy, it's the yellow box with tiny mountains, you'll see it in the tools when making a post. It looks like this: When you click it, you get a box where you can enter a url, such as a link to photobucket.

Hope that helps. Feel free to drop me a PM if you are still having trouble making it work.

Stories of Strength