Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Pop Culture > Politics & Current Events
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 06:06 AM   #1
Monkey
Watching Bollywood action scenes.

Monkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
More anti-abortion stuff, Indiana this time.

I've never heard DeathWizard's voice, but in my head, it's rather melodious and saying, "It just won't stop. It never stops."

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor...o_require.html

Quote:
A bill requiring a woman to get two transvaginal ultrasounds, one before and one after a non-surgical abortion, has moved out of committee in the Indiana Senate.
Two.

But wait, there's more:

Quote:
The bill also requires abortion providers that only provide medication abortions to meet state requirements for surgical facilities.
That includes stuff like widened hallways and "anesthesia, surgical, and sterilization equipment" and will very likely put some pill providers out of business.

Gah.

A tribute album to a fallen friend: http://lonneys.bandcamp.com/album/as-sunhoner-anhedonia
Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:09 AM   #2
Zoombie
Vengeful Crystaline Hawk 45C
AW Moderator

Zoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
If these people cared about LIVING people as much as they cared about UNBORN people, then rape would be a thing of a past, poverty would vanish, and our education system would be the finest in the world.

And, in a bitter irony, abortion would likely be all but gone...

Shard Series: Worldshard (being beta'd), Lifeshard (done!), Soulshard (Done!), Peaceshard (43k/80k)

Invasion 2071 (With Editors)

Read my blog: Quantum Spin Plates

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Zoombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:12 AM   #3
muravyets
Old revolutionary

muravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I wonder what is prompting this sudden spike in offensives in the war on women. Is it just coincidence, or is there real fear that the economy issue is hurting them, so they're attempting a melodramatic diversionary tactic?

Rule of thumb: Mura is not subtle.

The Grand Navigators, collaborative fantasy adventure party.
Cafe Muravyets, hang out of lazy writers.
Art: Portfolio and Studio Blog.
Me on Facebook.
muravyets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:15 AM   #4
Zoombie
Vengeful Crystaline Hawk 45C
AW Moderator

Zoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I think it's the desperate flailing of a man who has been stabbed in the lower intestines and left in the muddy, trash filled gutter of history.

Shard Series: Worldshard (being beta'd), Lifeshard (done!), Soulshard (Done!), Peaceshard (43k/80k)

Invasion 2071 (With Editors)

Read my blog: Quantum Spin Plates

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Zoombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:21 AM   #5
F.L.N
The Old Curmudgeon

F.L.N is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoombie View Post
If these people cared about LIVING people as much as they cared about UNBORN people, then rape would be a thing of a past, poverty would vanish, and our education system would be the finest in the world.

Zoombie,

Once again I think your right on target. The problem I have with evangelicals is they only travel on a one way street.
Before going into battle, Vikings would ingest Amanita muscaria. In addition to being moderately poisonous, Amanita muscaria eliminated fear causing them to be feared warriors earning Vikings the nick name berserkers
F.L.N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:21 AM   #6
Filigree
Mildly Disturbing

Filigree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
While the proponents got their asses handed to them in the national election, they won a lot of places in the local arenas. Now they are doubling down in prep for 2014.

Fueled by hope and coffee.
Filigree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:26 AM   #7
F.L.N
The Old Curmudgeon

F.L.N is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filigree View Post
While the proponents got their asses handed to them in the national election, they won a lot of places in the local arenas. Now they are doubling down in prep for 2014.
We have got to do it again and keep doing it!
Before going into battle, Vikings would ingest Amanita muscaria. In addition to being moderately poisonous, Amanita muscaria eliminated fear causing them to be feared warriors earning Vikings the nick name berserkers
F.L.N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:27 AM   #8
Shadow Dragon
the philosophical pegasus

Shadow Dragon leaves trails of profuse coolnessShadow Dragon leaves trails of profuse coolnessShadow Dragon leaves trails of profuse coolnessShadow Dragon leaves trails of profuse coolnessShadow Dragon leaves trails of profuse coolness
Quote:
I think it's the desperate flailing of a man who has been stabbed in the lower intestines and left in the muddy, trash filled gutter of history.
Got to admit, that great use of imagery right there.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:30 AM   #9
DancingMaenid
New kid...seven years ago!

DancingMaenid has earned our admirationDancingMaenid has earned our admirationDancingMaenid has earned our admirationDancingMaenid has earned our admiration
Quote:

I'm not even totally convinced that some of these people honestly care about unborn children as much as they purport to, to be honest.
DancingMaenid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:19 AM   #10
muravyets
Old revolutionary

muravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
A fine sentiment. Let's hope.

Me on Facebook.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:34 AM   #11
kuwisdelu
there is always hope

kuwisdelu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskuwisdelu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskuwisdelu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskuwisdelu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskuwisdelu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskuwisdelu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskuwisdelu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskuwisdelu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskuwisdelu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskuwisdelu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskuwisdelu is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Goddammit Indiana.

Can you please be a little less backward, Hoosiers?

Disclaimer: I'm from Indiana.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:15 PM   #12
Celia Cyanide
Joker Groupie

Celia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by DancingMaenid View Post
I'm not even totally convinced that some of these people honestly care about unborn children as much as they purport to, to be honest.
Well, of course they don't. What good does a transvaginal ultrasound do after an abortion? Nothing. It only serves to punish the woman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzglH...ature=youtu.be

my IMDB page: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2097751/

My decoupage shoes, now on Etsy:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CeliaCyani...shop-info-name
Celia Cyanide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:25 PM   #13
regdog
Prowl
AW Moderator

regdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:

Quoted because it needs to be said again.

ETA: Any man who votes for or supports a law such as this should be the first to volunteer to have a probe shoved up his penis. Fair is fair.

My Blog-Updated on 8/22/14 Same Place Different Time

Help find Tracey Cooeedownunder's sister is missing

Last edited by regdog; 02-26-2013 at 05:31 PM.
regdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:52 PM   #14
Jersey Chick
Up all night to get Loki

Jersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I think George Carlin said it best :

Boy, these conservatives are really something, aren't they? They're all in favor of the unborn. They will do anything for the unborn. But once you're born, you're on your own. Pro-life conservatives are obsessed with the fetus from conception to nine months. After that, they don't want to know about you. They don't want to hear from you. No nothing. No neonatal care, no day care, no head start, no school lunch, no food stamps, no welfare, no nothing. If you're preborn, you're fine; if you're preschool, you're fucked.

Really, if the rest of the world isn't laughing their asses off at us by now, I have to wonder why.

My books... Go ahead. You know you want to...

My Blog Facebook Twitter and last, but not least, my Website
Jersey Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:51 PM   #15
CrastersBabies
all hail zombie babies!

CrastersBabies is a candidate for sainthoodCrastersBabies is a candidate for sainthoodCrastersBabies is a candidate for sainthoodCrastersBabies is a candidate for sainthoodCrastersBabies is a candidate for sainthoodCrastersBabies is a candidate for sainthoodCrastersBabies is a candidate for sainthoodCrastersBabies is a candidate for sainthood
Yay for state-sanctioned rape. Harsh? Yeah, probably. But, you insert an instrument into a woman's body, against her will. I wonder if that's simply lost on these assholes.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:33 PM   #16
muravyets
Old revolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrastersBabies View Post
Yay for state-sanctioned rape. Harsh? Yeah, probably. But, you insert an instrument into a woman's body, against her will. I wonder if that's simply lost on these assholes.
I think it is, because I really think they put not one minute of thought into any of this crap. When they do -- when they are made to by the inevitable backlash, that's when they either get that panicked look and start backpedaling desperately, or else they get that defiant 6-year-old look and double down on the most offensive parts.

Me on Facebook.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:46 PM   #17
JulianneQJohnson
has no socks

JulianneQJohnson leaves trails of profuse coolnessJulianneQJohnson leaves trails of profuse coolnessJulianneQJohnson leaves trails of profuse coolnessJulianneQJohnson leaves trails of profuse coolnessJulianneQJohnson leaves trails of profuse coolness
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuwisdelu View Post
Goddammit Indiana.

Can you please be a little less backward, Hoosiers?

Disclaimer: I'm from Indiana.
Born an raised Hoosier. Then I moved to Kentucky, an even more backward state. *sheesh*

I sometimes ask militant pro-lifers how many kids they have adopted. Every single one didn't understand the relevance of my question. Now, everyone is allowed to have their own opinion, as long as they don't try to force it on my uterus. I do find it interesting that the most anti-abortion folks are also anti-contraception and anti-adoption for same sex couples.

Pictures and Words- my writing blog

Or join me on Tumblr

JulianneQJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:59 PM   #18
Myrealana
I aim to misbehave

Myrealana is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMyrealana is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMyrealana is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMyrealana is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMyrealana is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMyrealana is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMyrealana is better than ice cream with hot fudge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Chick View Post
I think George Carlin said it best :

Boy, these conservatives are really something, aren't they? They're all in favor of the unborn. They will do anything for the unborn. But once you're born, you're on your own. Pro-life conservatives are obsessed with the fetus from conception to nine months. After that, they don't want to know about you. They don't want to hear from you. No nothing. No neonatal care, no day care, no head start, no school lunch, no food stamps, no welfare, no nothing. If you're preborn, you're fine; if you're preschool, you're fucked.

So true.

So sad.

"When it comes down to it it’s always, always you and the white page. At the end of the day if the page is blank, it’s won.
Don’t let the page win."
Alasdair Stewart
Myrealana is offline   Reply With Quote