Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Pop Culture > Politics & Current Events
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 03:37 AM   #1
Plot Device
A woman said to write like a man.

Plot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Drunken man on airplane slaps another woman's 19-month old son, and calls the baby the "n-word"

He makes Mel Gibson look civilized.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...er-on-a-plane/

Quote:
Joe Hundley, Idaho man, charged with assault for allegedly slapping a crying toddler on a plane

February 18, 2013

(CBS/AP) ATLANTA - An Idaho man faces a federal assault charge after allegedly hitting a crying child and using a racial slur aboard an Atlanta-bound flight....

... The child's mother, 33-year-old Jessica Bennett, of Minneapolis, told authorities the boy was crying as the plane prepared for landing. Bennett says Hundley was sitting next to her and slapped the boy in his face, causing a scratch under his right eye. She says Hundley used a racial epithet while demanding her to quiet the boy.

Hundley "told her to shut that ('N word') baby up," Cheney said in the affidavit. "Ms. Bennett received assistance from several people on the plane ...

Oh and ... he was the president of some aerospace firm ... and he got fired because of this incident.

(VIDEO)

http://gma.yahoo.com/executive-accus...opstories.html

Be prepared. (Sandy said so.)
Plot Device is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:08 AM   #2
Xelebes
Delerium ex Ennui

Xelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Caught this in a middle of the discussion of a drag queen wearing blackface and making racist jokes and discussing with some boneheads who thought it wasn't racist. This story also happened to latch on to that as a way of demonstrate that racism still existed in the violent way.
Xelebes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:44 AM   #3
Zoombie
Vengeful Crystaline Hawk 45C
AW Moderator

Zoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Racism still exists, but it sounds like the other passengers took the mother's side.

Racism is like cockroaches, but we're living in a pig stye, even if some people want to make it that way.

Shard Series: Worldshard (being beta'd), Lifeshard (done!), Soulshard (Done!), Peaceshard (43k/80k)

Invasion 2071 (With Editors)

Read my blog: Quantum Spin Plates

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Zoombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:07 AM   #4
Celia Cyanide
Joker Groupie

Celia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Disgusting. Poor baby probably had pain in his ears from the plane landing. Much sympathy to my fellow Minneapolian.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzglH...ature=youtu.be

my IMDB page: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2097751/

My decoupage shoes, now on Etsy:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CeliaCyani...shop-info-name
Celia Cyanide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:54 AM   #5
muravyets
Old revolutionary

muravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I didn't see where it says he was drunk. I was about to ask snarkily why they still serve alcohol on planes, but now I'm not sure if he was drunk or if he's just an asshole.

Either way, whatever book might be available for throwing, I hope they throw it at him.

Rule of thumb: Mura is not subtle.

The Grand Navigators, collaborative fantasy adventure party.
Cafe Muravyets, hang out of lazy writers.
Art: Portfolio and Studio Blog.
Me on Facebook.
muravyets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:57 AM   #6
tracivermillion
figuring it all out

tracivermillion is on a distinguished road
Much kudos to this mom, because there is no way this story wouldn't have ended with--and then mom kills racist asshole--if that were me. Touch my babies and you will pull back a bloody stump.

Traci Vermillion: In Pursuit
tracivermillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:06 AM   #7
blacbird
That hairy-handed gent

blacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
In addition to the obvious, kudos to that aerospace company for firing his ass.

caw
Old 02-19-2013, 06:31 AM   #8
J.S.F.
practical experience, FTW

J.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
The more things change...

(sighs)
J.S.F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:37 AM   #9
kikazaru
Benefactor Member

kikazaru leaves trails of profuse coolnesskikazaru leaves trails of profuse coolnesskikazaru leaves trails of profuse coolnesskikazaru leaves trails of profuse coolnesskikazaru leaves trails of profuse coolness
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracivermillion View Post
Much kudos to this mom, because there is no way this story wouldn't have ended with--and then mom kills racist asshole--if that were me. Touch my babies and you will pull back a bloody stump.
Ditto.

Groucho Marx
kikazaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:39 AM   #10
Chrissy
Magna Cum Absurdus

Chrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by muravyets View Post
I didn't see where it says he was drunk.
Me either. But it sounds like a drunk thing. (Lack of restraint.)

I appreciate that the company fired him, but from their statement it sounds like the typical denial to disassociate themselves from him and avoid bad publicity.

I wonder if they had evidence beforehand that he was out of control? Just speculating, of course. People who have alcohol or anger management problems tend to give signs before completely losing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracivermillion View Post
Excellent point.
Chrissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:39 AM   #11
JulianneQJohnson
has no socks

JulianneQJohnson leaves trails of profuse coolnessJulianneQJohnson leaves trails of profuse coolnessJulianneQJohnson leaves trails of profuse coolnessJulianneQJohnson leaves trails of profuse coolnessJulianneQJohnson leaves trails of profuse coolness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
Me either. But it sounds like a drunk thing. (Lack of restraint.)

I appreciate that the company fired him, but from their statement it sounds like the typical denial to disassociate themselves from him and avoid bad publicity.

I wonder if they had evidence beforehand that he was out of control? Just speculating, of course. People who have alcohol or anger management problems tend to give signs before completely losing it.

Excellent point.
I heard someone today say something like "Oh, well, he was drunk." Since when is that an excuse for anything? (I'm not talking about you, Chrissy. Your comment just made me think of it.) I can understand that alcoholism is an addiction, but it's an explanation, not an excuse. I have been completely wasted many times in my life, and never have I hit a human being because of it, let alone a wee little baby boy. If that man was drinking, I still think he must be a miserable excuse for a human being even when sober. And if he's only a viscious hedge pig when he's drunk, then why is he drinking at all? There's a million places to help people learn not to drink. I'm glad he's fired, no matter why the company dumped him. Would you want a baby slapping drunk working for you?

Pictures and Words- my writing blog

Or join me on Tumblr

Last edited by JulianneQJohnson; 02-19-2013 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Typo. I are writer!
JulianneQJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:49 AM   #12
missesdash
You can't sit with us!

missesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Read about this a couple of days ago and decided, immediately, that if someone *slapped* my son and called him a "nigger baby" I'd be the one going to jail.

Suuuuch disgusting behavior. Really. If the man was drunk, I hope he is completely ashamed of himself.

Sort of related: I don't have a problem with people spanking their kids, but when my mother always talks about how my aunt used to smack my cousin in the face when he was a baby. Instead of a smack on the bum, she'd smack him, open-handed, across the face. So incredibly demeaning. I know babies don't have a sense of self and so can't technically be humiliated but it's still very horrible imo. Er but enough about my family...
missesdash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:28 AM   #13
frimble3
Heckuva good sport

frimble3 should run for Presidentfrimble3 should run for Presidentfrimble3 should run for Presidentfrimble3 should run for Presidentfrimble3 should run for Presidentfrimble3 should run for President
I gather the flight was from Minneapolis to Atlanta, so not some lengthy intercontinental flight.
If he was drunk enough to lower his inhibitions enough to slap some stranger's baby, he was either really drunk, or he had few inhibitions to start with. It makes me wonder how often he's been drunk or 'uninhibited' on the ground, while conducting company business, at company functions. How often he's made inappropriate comments or actions to co-workers or underlings or customers?
It may have made his employers wonder that as well.
frimble3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:57 AM   #14
cornflake

cornflake is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscornflake is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscornflake is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscornflake is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscornflake is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscornflake is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscornflake is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscornflake is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscornflake is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscornflake is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscornflake is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Ok, let me preface this with being clear that he seems a loony, no one (uhm, obviously), should be slapping any baby or using racial epithets or etc.

He also, obviously, may well have been drunk, or not, and if he was, may be because he's a drunk in general, etc.

However, just because people seemed to be equating 'if he was drunk' to 'wonder how often he was drunk at work' - there are lots of people who hate/fear flying and regardless of the length of the flight will drink or take stuff to try to fly with less anxiety. So if someone were drunk on a flight, doesn't mean they'd necessarily be so in the rest of their life.

*I don't think being drunk, for whichever reason, would in any way excuse his behaviour.

**I don't drink to fly.
cornflake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:09 PM   #15
Plot Device
A woman said to write like a man.

Plot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
The "drunk or not drunk" question .....

I read several different news items about this before settling on the two I linked in the OP. And one of the various news items said he was drunk at the time, and the woman said when she at first gasped and said "What did you call my baby?" he leaned into her ear, she could smell the alcohol on his breath, and he repeated the racist slur with hot, heavy alcohol breath into her ear.

Another story said the man has had several episodes of public drunkenness as found on police records here and there throughout his lifetime.

Be prepared. (Sandy said so.)
Plot Device is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:26 PM   #16
AVS

AVS is a shiny, shiny jewelAVS is a shiny, shiny jewel
There's always some pillock doing something odious somewhere on the planet at any time of the day. The joy of the interconnected world is we get to hear about it in a way that once we never would. Sadly this can lead us to think there are more bad things than there actually are.

Though much goes unreported because it's become mundane, yesterday if recent averages are maintained there were 40 murders in the USA and 2 in the UK... this racist incident was reported, showing it was not common place or mundane, and there is hope in that I think.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:34 PM   #17
bearilou
DenturePunk writer

bearilou is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbearilou is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbearilou is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbearilou is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbearilou is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbearilou is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbearilou is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbearilou is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbearilou is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbearilou is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbearilou is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I remember watching one report on it and the news reporter said the man's attorney said 'let's not be hasty in rushing to judge him'.

Um. Grown man slaps a stranger's baby.

Honestly? In what world is that even remotely defensible? Like...ever.
The first draft is a huge pile of clay that you've laboriously heaped on your table, patting it into a rough shape as you go along. From the second draft onward, you'll cut away chunks, add bits, pat and punch and pinch, until you finally have a gorgeous figure of, oh, Marcus Aurelius. Or a duck. But a damn fine duck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTC View Post
1) Write like your face is on fire.
I tweet. Not often, maybe not interestingly, but I tweet.
My sort-of-not-really blog.

AW's Erotic Underground Anthology is here!
bearilou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:11 PM   #18
Ken
and friends . . .

Ken is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
... the "slap" could have been damaging.
Babies a fragile. A slap to a baby is like a punch.
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:53 PM   #19
Celia Cyanide
Joker Groupie

Celia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearilou View Post
I remember watching one report on it and the news reporter said the man's attorney said 'let's not be hasty in rushing to judge him'.

Um....yeah. This is one of those times when I don't care if there's more to the story blah blah blah...I think I'll judge him as much as I want to. If you've got any humanity in you at all, you don't hit a baby.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzglH...ature=youtu.be

my IMDB page: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2097751/

My decoupage shoes, now on Etsy:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CeliaCyani...shop-info-name
Celia Cyanide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:57 PM   #20
JimmyB27
Dazed & Confused

JimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearilou View Post

Maybe if said baby is on fire?

"Having been an English literary graduate, I've been trying to avoid the idea of doing art ever since. I think the idea of art kills creativity. I think media are at their most interesting before anybody's thought of calling them art, when people still think they're just a load of junk."
Douglas Adams
JimmyB27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:07 PM   #21
Kaiser-Kun
!

Kaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyB27 View Post
Maybe if said baby is on fire?
I doubt a slap would calm a burning toddler.

Anyway, I support the congratulations for the lady's self-restraint. Anyone slaps a baby in front of me, I'll gladly break every bone in his hand.
Kaiser-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:04 PM   #22
Alpha Echo
The Future is Bright

Alpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
It's just unbelievable. I agree with the kudos to the mother b/c I'm not so sure...well...I KNOW if it had been my husband with DD, the man would be seriously injured. At the least. Drunk or not.

To the spanking stuff: I'm not against spanking at all, though we don't. I AM against slapping open handed or punching or anything more than a swap on the booty or maybe a slap on the wrist. I am also against doing what my mother did and pulling down the kids' pants and smacking a naked bottom. That was more embarrassing than the spank was painful.
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible"
T.H Lawrence

Alpha Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:19 PM   #23
thebloodfiend
Cory

thebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I think it says a lot about someone's character if they start doing shit like this when they get drunk.

I know girls who get really flirty when they're drunk, gay guys who decide they're straight when they're drunk, people who get mouthy to their teachers when they're drunk, but I don't know anyone who decides to start slapping babies when they're drunk. Though I do know one person who goes completely off with slurs with they get morphine. And they're not exactly the most racially enlightened person sober, anyway.
thebloodfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:44 PM   #24
Sheryl Nantus
Holding out for a Superhero...

Location: Brownsville, Pennsylvania. Or New Babbage, Second Life!
Sheryl Nantus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSheryl Nantus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSheryl Nantus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSheryl Nantus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSheryl Nantus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSheryl Nantus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSheryl Nantus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSheryl Nantus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSheryl Nantus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSheryl Nantus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSheryl Nantus is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm sort of curious how the old man got so drunk. Hip flask? Drunk on the flight? Drinking at the airport bar?

While it doesn't excuse his behavior (glad he got fired!) I'd like to find out if the airport/airline is partially responsible. We get upset with bartenders letting people drink and drive, I'd like to see the same restrictions followed with passengers. If he arrived at the airport drunk, how did he get through security? If he drank at the bar before the flight, how did he get boarded? If he got drunk ON the flight, why wasn't he cut off earlier?

Again, glad he's suffering the consequences of his actions. But there's a bit more here I'd like to see discussed.
Sheryl Nantus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:51 PM   #25
Shadow_Ferret
Did I do that?

Shadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
The racial slur was out of line. He deserved to be fired.

Airplanes should have crying rooms though.

“I love words but I don’t like strange ones. You don’t understand them and they don’t understand you. Old words is like old friends, you know ‘em the minute you see ‘em.” -- Will Rogers

"Blame it on my ADD, baby." -- AWOLNATION
Shadow_Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote