Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Pop Culture > Politics & Current Events
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 10:52 AM   #1
whistlelock
Whiskey Rebel

whistlelock should run for Presidentwhistlelock should run for Presidentwhistlelock should run for Presidentwhistlelock should run for Presidentwhistlelock should run for Presidentwhistlelock should run for President
Caption Me! Marco Rubio Edition!

Old 02-13-2013, 10:53 AM   #2
whistlelock
Whiskey Rebel

whistlelock should run for Presidentwhistlelock should run for Presidentwhistlelock should run for Presidentwhistlelock should run for Presidentwhistlelock should run for Presidentwhistlelock should run for President

I don't always drink water. But when I do, it's on live TV and it's kinda weird. Stay thirsty.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:22 PM   #3
Don
All Living is Local

Don is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
"Damn, that's cold. Brain Freeze, Brain Freeze!"

"If I get water on this tie, my wife's gonna kill me."

Economics puts parameters on people’s utopias. ~Peter Boettke
The 'social contract' is to the politician what 'original sin' is to the priest. ~Don
The vision of the helpful and protective state is the most pervasive and counter-productive ideology in the world today. ~Don
The State represents violence in a concentrated and organized form. ~Mahatma Gandhi
The executive of the modern state is nothing but a committee for managing the common affairs of the whole bourgeoisie.~Karl Marx

I tend to blame the Feds for Don, actually.
If they'd get it right, we wouldn't need Don pointing out that they'd gotten it wrong.
~ Medievalist
Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:05 PM   #4
robeiae
AW's Foremost Intellectual (AWFI)

robeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by whistlelock View Post

I don't always drink water. But when I do, it's on live TV and it's kinda weird. Stay thirsty.
L.O.L.

Learning to run, T'ai Chi style--blogging about running and Eastern philosophy
Ponds of Happenstance--blogging about politics, economics, and history
Sailor on the Ponds--tweeting about everything

The Internet doesn't serve enough crow

Breathing during a run: find your center and run from within
More on the Altra Zero Drop shoe
robeiae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:46 PM   #5
Xelebes
Delerium ex Ennui

Xelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
The GOP has found its saviour! The guy can talk on water!
Xelebes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:49 PM   #6
Monkey
Watching Bollywood action scenes.

Monkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Do not break eye contact. Do. Not. Break. Eye. Contact.

A tribute album to a fallen friend: http://lonneys.bandcamp.com/album/as-sunhoner-anhedonia
Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:33 PM   #7
Opty
Pure, undiluted awesome

Opty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOpty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOpty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOpty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOpty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOpty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOpty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOpty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOpty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOpty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOpty is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Personally, I like this pic better:

http://media.nbcbayarea.com/images/6...water+grab.jpg

"The mind is its own place and, in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven." John Milton
Opty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:35 PM   #8
Snowstorm
Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue

Location: Lost in the Wyoming mountains. Don't try to rescue me.
Snowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
"Yeah, keep thinkin' it's water."

Blood Atonement, a historical mystery, and Clear and Convincing Evidence, a contemporary mystery

WIP: Blood Atonement, the screenplay!

Blog Twitter Facebook

Snowstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:47 PM   #9
Mclesh
It's too hot

Mclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
My son's high school government class watched Marco Rubio give his response to the State of the Union. At the part when Rubio awkwardly grabs for his water bottle, the classroom erupted with laughter.

It's pretty funny, and weird.

Maybe someone should have put the water bottle a little closer?

Facebook, Twitter Website

Check out Grandma Susie's book of love poems on Createspace!
Mclesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:55 PM   #10
Williebee
"Assume Good Intentions"
SuperModerator

Williebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
"They're paying me a lot of money. Dammit. I gotta get this bottle on camera. Ok, got it. Now, don't cover up the label."

"There's a Voodoo Game on in the Crescent City. Pray for the Pawns."

Available now where all kinds of cool books are sold.
Kobo Kindle Nook iBook
More stories by Eldon Hughes -- "I Found A Knife"

Read the Newbie Guide.

“You’re inventing your own misery. You’re defining yourself by pettiness. You get 70 years to live and you are enjoying being angry.” -- Russell Howard

"We're writers; we own our words. Please choose them to add light and not just heat."
Williebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:20 AM   #11
William Haskins
The Aristocrats!
Absolute Sage

William Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
"i'm gonna wash that bullshit outta my mouth..."
William Haskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:46 AM   #12
Don
All Living is Local

Don is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I just got spammed by Marco Rubio via a "suggested post" on FB.

Quote:
Send the liberal detractors a message that not only does Marco Rubio inspire you…he hydrates you too. http://bit.ly/11N5Ubn
I haven't visited that link; do so at your own peril.

Along with the post was a picture of a white sport-type water bottle with RUBIO running down the side, and a suggestion to "Get your Marco water bottle today!" Apparently they're available at RealAmericaPac.com.

Does anybody else find that pac name absolutely, blindingly stupid and insulting to boot?

Economics puts parameters on people’s utopias. ~Peter Boettke
The 'social contract' is to the politician what 'original sin' is to the priest. ~Don
The vision of the helpful and protective state is the most pervasive and counter-productive ideology in the world today. ~Don
The State represents violence in a concentrated and organized form. ~Mahatma Gandhi
The executive of the modern state is nothing but a committee for managing the common affairs of the whole bourgeoisie.~Karl Marx

I tend to blame the Feds for Don, actually.
If they'd get it right, we wouldn't need Don pointing out that they'd gotten it wrong.
~ Medievalist
Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:03 AM   #13
clintl
Represent.

clintl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclintl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclintl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclintl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclintl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclintl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclintl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclintl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclintl is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
a suggestion to "Get your Marco water bottle today!" Apparently they're available at RealAmericaPac.com.

Does anybody else find that pac name absolutely, blindingly stupid and insulting to boot?
Well, they're obviously real Americans if they've found a way to cash in on that.
clintl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:21 AM   #14
Monkey
Watching Bollywood action scenes.

Monkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintl View Post
Well, they're obviously real Americans if they've found a way to cash in on that.
QFT

A tribute album to a fallen friend: http://lonneys.bandcamp.com/album/as-sunhoner-anhedonia
Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:59 AM   #15
Chrissy
Magna Cum Absurdus

Chrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
"I have two words for you, America. Kool. Aid. Now, watch and learn."

Last edited by Chrissy; 02-18-2013 at 06:47 PM.
Chrissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:32 PM   #16
Ergodic Mage
Neophyte Writer

Ergodic Mage is well-respected
"Here is the highlight of Rubio's speech".
Ergodic Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:45 PM   #17
Myrealana
I aim to misbehave

Myrealana is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMyrealana is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMyrealana is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMyrealana is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMyrealana is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMyrealana is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMyrealana is better than ice cream with hot fudge
Poor guy. He said all KINDS of things we could make fun of in that speech, and all anyone can talk about is the water.
Quote:

That is the awesome!

"When it comes down to it it’s always, always you and the white page. At the end of the day if the page is blank, it’s won.
Don’t let the page win."
Alasdair Stewart
Myrealana is online now   Reply With Quote