Happy Christmas!

Happy Holidays!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Pop Culture > Politics & Current Events
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2013, 06:33 AM   #1
missesdash
You can't sit with us!

missesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
3-year old undergoes brutal interrogation

Stands his ground.

No ma'am, I absolutely did not eat those sprinkles.

Here is a cute thing. He's going to make a great presidential candidate one day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=3EVzoolYugA
missesdash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:37 AM   #2
J.S.F.
Red fish, blue fish...

J.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
The sprinkles magically got out.

They escaped.

Where's Johnny Cochrane when you need him?

LMAO, this kid is a born politician!!
J.S.F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:11 AM   #3
Celia Cyanide
Joker Groupie

Celia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Well, he had a point. The canister wasn't empty. It was half full! hahaha!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzglH...ature=youtu.be

my IMDB page: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2097751/

My decoupage shoes, now on Etsy:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CeliaCyani...shop-info-name
Celia Cyanide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:22 AM   #4
shakeysix
blue eyed floozy

shakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I love the way he was holding his hands behind him, shielding his bottom, when she told him he had sprinkles on his face but still denying it all!
shakeysix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:28 AM   #5
Manuel Royal
Benefactor Member

Manuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
"No, I did not." Well, that seems pretty clear. Actually, I'm impressed at how well he speaks.

Fiction column under my real name: Welcome to Smyrnings ; continued as Spland of the Splost

Six-minute YouTube video produced by SandJack from my short script (NSFW): Make The Baby
Manuel Royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:46 AM   #6
J.S.F.
Red fish, blue fish...

J.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
This kid is a veteran of the sprinkles wars.

He's undergone interrogation before.

He has courage under fire.
He has guts.

He'll also probably get a lot of cavities, but hey, they're just baby teeth. He'll get new ones.
J.S.F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:52 AM   #7
missesdash
You can't sit with us!

missesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakeysix View Post
I love the way he was holding his hands behind him, shielding his bottom, when she told him he had sprinkles on his face but still denying it all!
I love the slow moon walk out of the room at the end. He's all "I'm just going to go, good luck on finding out what happened with your sprinkles."

And yeah, the "It's not empty" line was hilarious.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:48 AM   #8
muravyets
Old revolutionary

muravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
There's our future president. What a cutie. What a low-down lying cutie-pie.

Rule of thumb: Mura is not subtle.

The Grand Navigators, collaborative fantasy adventure party.
Cafe Muravyets, hang out of lazy writers.
Art: Portfolio and Studio Blog.
Me on Facebook.
muravyets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:04 AM   #9
Celia Cyanide
Joker Groupie

Celia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuel Royal View Post
"No, I did not." Well, that seems pretty clear. Actually, I'm impressed at how well he speaks.
I kind of thought the same thing! No big words or complex sentences, but very good pronunciation for a 3 year old!

Old 02-08-2013, 09:16 AM   #10
Celia Cyanide
Joker Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by missesdash View Post
I love the slow moon walk out of the room at the end. He's all "I'm just going to go, good luck on finding out what happened with your sprinkles."
"Sprinkles on my face? Well this certainly is a coincidence! I better leave, though, seeing as I have sprinkles on my face, and somene stole yours! I wouldn't want to make you feel bad!"

Quote:
And yeah, the "It's not empty" line was hilarious.
I loved how he was trying to get the upper hand in the arguement with a technicality.

This is the funniest thing I have seen all day. It reminds me of when my aunt was little and she painted her name on the coffee table with nail polish. My grandmother asked, "Did you paint your name on the table?" She insisted it must have been someone else who painted her name on the table, but she had no idea who.

Old 02-08-2013, 01:21 PM   #11
Seraph
practical experience, FTW

Seraph is a shiny, shiny jewelSeraph is a shiny, shiny jewel
figaroooooooooooooo

Last edited by Seraph; 11-09-2014 at 02:04 AM.
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:40 PM   #12
Manuel Royal
Benefactor Member

Manuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Reminds me of something from Seinfeld.

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Costanza
It's not a lie -- if you believe it.

Fiction column under my real name: Welcome to Smyrnings ; continued as Spland of the Splost

Six-minute YouTube video produced by SandJack from my short script (NSFW): Make The Baby
Old 02-08-2013, 03:54 PM   #13
mccardey
I'm writing. Undistractable.

mccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Explain to me who took the bottles of sprinkles out of their basket, lined them up at reachable level on the counter and dragged out the camera. Oh, you-tube. *sigh* I remember when cute was a moment of serendipity - with a sibling-abuse-case waiting in the wings...
mccardey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:00 PM   #14
regdog
Starscream
AW Moderator

Location: On Dasher, on Dancer, on Starscream. Starscream? Wait, what?
regdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccardey View Post
Explain to me who took the bottles of sprinkles out of their basket, lined them up at reachable level on the counter and dragged out the camera. Oh, you-tube. *sigh* I remember when cute was a moment of serendipity - with a sibling-abuse-case waiting in the wings...
My thoughts as well.

My Blog-Updated on 10/9/14 An Open Letter To Hasbro

Help find Tracey Cooeedownunder's sister is missing
regdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:04 PM   #15
mirandashell
I was only joking! Honest!

mirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Won't be so cute when he's fourteen years old and lying to the police about the hash they just found in 'his' car......

My Etsy shop!
https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/UmptyOriginals
Goths available now, Geeks and Princesses very soon!
mirandashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:11 PM   #16
mccardey

mccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirandashell View Post
Won't be so cute when he's fourteen years old and lying to the police about the hash they just found in 'his' car......
If he keeps those gorgeous brown eyes, he should get away with it - unless his mum is still trailing after him with the camera.

If I were him, I'd be getting rid of that camera. I don't see it working for him.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:03 PM   #17
Komnena
In Honor of Peter Tomich,USS Utah

Komnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
It sounds like open and shut entrapment to me.

Komnena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:34 PM   #18
Manuel Royal
Benefactor Member

Quote:
It has occurred to me the mom might have staged the whole thing just to get the video. Just didn't want to spoil the magic. (Normally I see magic-spoiling as a duty, but sometimes I let it slide.)

Old 02-08-2013, 09:00 PM   #19
missesdash
You can't sit with us!

Quote:
It actually looks like she moved them to the edge of the counter to show him the evidence. As in the one was out, she took out the others and placed them next to it to show it was empty. It doesn't seem at all staged to me. She obviously caught him, asked him (you can tell they've already been talking about it), saw the sprinkles on his mouth and decided to take out the camera. I also imagine he used a chair or stool to reach them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
I wonder what the best way for the mom to handle this is. Maybe she could show him it's okay to tell the truth while at the same time letting him know sprinkles is a no no. Her accusatory tone probably made him just dig in deeper. Then, she was probably going for a youtube moment, dramatizing things a little. I'm glad I don't have to wrestle with these kinds of parenting dilemmas.
It's completely normal for this age group. A lot of kids do it until they're about 5 or 6. But basically they don't quite know what lying is yet, or it's fairly new and they 1. Don't have qualms about doing it and 2. Realize it's sometimes a great way to avoid trouble.

My classroom full of four years olds is like 17 pathological liars. "Eva did you pee on your chair?" "No, I spilled water" or "Melissa peed on my chair." And they often don't need prompting, they'll just approach you and tell you a story that is entirely made up. Like "yesterday I went to a baseball game and ate pizza" but yesterday they were in class all day.

Anyway, you won't often get them to admit the truth, and it's not necessary. Even if he doesn't admit it here, he''s learned that even when he says no, people can sometimes tell he did something and he'll get in more trouble if he lies. That's the point of how she's speaking to him.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:25 PM   #20
mccardey

Quote:
It doesn't seem at all staged to me.
Hmm.... do you think? *strokes chin*

I'm on the kid's side, regardless.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:13 PM   #21
muravyets
Old revolutionary

muravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Oh, you cynics. Does it occur to anyone that she might just be a bad housekeeper? Maybe she was baking and left the sprinkles out either after or in anticipation of cookie decorating. Maybe the family had recently enjoyed ice cream sundaes and she just hadn't put the sprinkles away yet. There are any number of legitimate reasons for the sprinkles to be out, and if the red ones are his favorites, well, he'd probably notice them there... calling to him...

Me on Facebook.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:31 PM   #22
crunchyblanket
the Juggernaut of Imperfection

crunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
"I'm innocent, guvna! Swear on me mam's grave!" Bless.

My short story "When Charlie Sleeps" is in Best British Horror 2014. Buy it. It'll make you happier and sexier.

crunchyblanket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:45 PM   #23
mccardey

Quote:
Originally Posted by muravyets View Post
Oh, you cynics. Does it occur to anyone that she might just be a bad housekeeper? Maybe she was baking and left the sprinkles out either after or in anticipation of cookie decorating. Maybe the family had recently enjoyed ice cream sundaes and she just hadn't put the sprinkles away yet. There are any number of legitimate reasons for the sprinkles to be out, and if the red ones are his favorites, well, he'd probably notice them there... calling to him...
Look at those eyes. Are those the eyes of a sprinkles-thief?

I'm on the kid's side. Assuming your theory that the mother is just a lousy housekeeper - yes, yes she is: and I think she's wiped the little boy's face down without noticing that that is the same cloth she used when she spilled the sprinkles. And now he's got sprinkles all over his poor little face, and she's jumped to a Wrongful Conclusion. Poor little lambchop. No wonder he's backing slowly away...

(Just in case...)
Old 02-08-2013, 11:55 PM   #24
muravyets
Old revolutionary

Did she brush his teeth with the same toothbrush she used to scrape sprinkles out of the kitchen tile grout, too?

Me on Facebook.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:59 PM   #25
mccardey

Quote:
Originally Posted by muravyets View Post
Did she brush his teeth with the same toothbrush she used to scrape sprinkles out of the kitchen tile grout, too?
Well.

I think if you asked him, he'd say they weren't sprinkles. They were just some things he was thinking about that went into his mouth on their own.

And he was saving them up to think about them later.

What? Suddenly AW hates kids? This is breaking my heart...