Happy Christmas!

Happy Holidays!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Office Party
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 07:08 AM   #1
ElaineA
Back in the saddle

ElaineA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElaineA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElaineA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElaineA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElaineA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElaineA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElaineA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElaineA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElaineA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElaineA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElaineA is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Writeaholics Annonymous

Hi....I'm Elaine. I'm a Writeaholic. It's been less than one minute since my last microscopic look at the commas in my manuscript.

My kitchen looks like a health violation waiting to happen.
I haven't gotten out of my pajamas yet today.
I haven't showered in 36 hours (but I did brush my teeth).

I...can't...stop...

Anyone else want to join Writeaholics Annonymous?

(We could use some sponsors, if anyone's found the cure.)
ElaineA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:25 PM   #2
Lavern08
When All Else Fails, Lavern It©

Lavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElaineA View Post

Anyone else want to join Writeaholics Annonymous?
Maybe.

Do you have any snacks?

DON'T FORGET TO SEND A DONATION TO AW FOR CHRISTMAS!!!
Lavern08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:38 PM   #3
Shadow_Ferret
Snow? Already?

Shadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I've always wonder why people make up an addiction and append it with "aholic?" That works with alcohol: alcoholic. But the word isn't writeahol. So you wouldn't be a writeaholic. You'd be a writeic.

Hmm. Maybe I'm a grammaric.

“I love words but I don’t like strange ones. You don’t understand them and they don’t understand you. Old words is like old friends, you know ‘em the minute you see ‘em.” -- Will Rogers

"Blame it on my ADD, baby." -- AWOLNATION
Shadow_Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:10 PM   #4
Corussa
I fight like a dairy farmer

Corussa is a glorious beacon of lightCorussa is a glorious beacon of lightCorussa is a glorious beacon of light
A writeic makes me think of a wry tic. But they're so small; it's hard to judge their emotions accurately. (And they don't like it when I stare.)

I don't know if I'm a fellow grammaric (your Gramma's called what?) or just a nitwit. I strongly suspect the latter.

But it would be nice to be a writeic, or writeaholic. I think my writing's sadly too under control at the moment...

The Wrecklings (Corussa 1) - 92k, draft #137ish
The Retosphere (Corussa 2) - 51K, first (short) draft still gathering dust
The Insert-Title-Here (Corussa 3) - Will be written once Wrecklings and Retosphere are done and dusted!
The Crown Capassia (Corussa 4) - Ah ha. Ah ha ha ha
Corussa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:29 AM   #5
Lavern08
When All Else Fails, Lavern It©

Lavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corussa View Post

A writeic makes me think of a wry tic. But they're so small; it's hard to judge their emotions accurately. (And they don't like it when I stare.)

...And they tend to be kinda nervous.

DON'T FORGET TO SEND A DONATION TO AW FOR CHRISTMAS!!!
Lavern08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:48 AM   #6
ElaineA
Back in the saddle

ElaineA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElaineA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElaineA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElaineA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElaineA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElaineA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElaineA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElaineA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElaineA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElaineA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElaineA is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_Ferret View Post
But the word isn't writeahol. So you wouldn't be a writeaholic. You'd be a writeic.
HAHA! I thought about what the word could be before I wrote it down. I backspaced, thought some more, wrote writerholic, backspaced again then decided...well you don't want to know what my brain said...it makes me look bad.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:51 AM   #7
ElaineA
Back in the saddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavern08 View Post
Maybe.

Do you have any snacks?
I think the requisite snacks are chocolate, cupcakes and...wings? But because of the state of a Writic's--is that the proper term?--kitchen, it will have to be store-bought. Sorry!
Old 02-06-2013, 07:24 AM   #8
SWest
Resist me at your peril...

SWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I can stop any time I want.

Wish Me Away

Ours is characteristically the kind of if-it-isn't-this-it-has-to-be-that, dichotomized, either/or thinking that philosophers from earlier times have cautioned can lead to a simplistic misreading of reality. And, indeed, psychologists today have discovered it is the mark of a lower or less psychologically evolved stage of cognitive and emotional development. - Riane Eisler

I couldn't be here in spirit, so I came in person. - Red Buttons
SWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:31 AM   #9
Paperback Writer
Learning the craft

Location: It's like I went back in a time machine to the 60's
Paperback Writer is a glorious beacon of lightPaperback Writer is a glorious beacon of lightPaperback Writer is a glorious beacon of light
I don't believe I have a problem.
Paperback Writer is offline   Reply With Quote