Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Pop Culture > Politics & Current Events
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 09:03 PM   #1
Zoombie
Vengeful Crystaline Hawk 45C
AW Moderator

Zoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Malala Yousufzai: Back, and still swinging

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...-attack-video/

Quote:
Malala Yousufzai, the 15-year-old Pakistani womenís rights activist who was shot by Taliban militants in October for her work educating girls, has released a video statement to the world
So, she gets shot in the head and the first thing she does when recovering is release a video.

As she says: "As you can see, I can speak."

Badass.

Shard Series: Worldshard (being beta'd), Lifeshard (done!), Soulshard (Done!), Peaceshard (43k/80k)

Invasion 2071 (With Editors)

Read my blog: Quantum Spin Plates

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Zoombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:08 PM   #2
regdog
All Hail Starscream
AW Moderator

regdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

My Blog-Updated on 8/22/14 Same Place Different Time

Help find Tracey Cooeedownunder's sister is missing
regdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:36 PM   #3
mccardey
I'm writing. Undistractable.

mccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Wonderful girl.

I just saw this on the news.

Wonderful.
mccardey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:44 PM   #4
Calla Lily
On deadline for the next year or so
AW Moderator

Calla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Old 02-04-2013, 11:09 PM   #5
Myrealana
I aim to misbehave

Myrealana is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMyrealana is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMyrealana is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMyrealana is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMyrealana is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMyrealana is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMyrealana is better than ice cream with hot fudge
That girl is a hero.

"When it comes down to it itís always, always you and the white page. At the end of the day if the page is blank, itís won.
Donít let the page win."
Alasdair Stewart
Myrealana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:27 AM   #6
muravyets
Old revolutionary

muravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
She is such a brave and wonderful person. Seeing her recovery makes me so happy.

Rule of thumb: Mura is not subtle.

The Grand Navigators, collaborative fantasy adventure party.
Cafe Muravyets, hang out of lazy writers.
Art: Portfolio and Studio Blog.
Me on Facebook.
muravyets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:15 AM   #7
Monkey
Watching Bollywood action scenes.

Monkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Un-fucking-stoppable.

Just amazing courage and resilience, especially for someone of her age.

A tribute album to a fallen friend: http://lonneys.bandcamp.com/album/as-sunhoner-anhedonia
Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:56 PM   #8
Kaiser-Kun
!

Kaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Better check her shoes. She might slip on all the tiny dicks she's stomping.
Kaiser-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:08 PM   #9
Manuel Royal
Benefactor Member

Manuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
World-class hero. What pathetic cowards her attackers are.

Fiction column under my real name: Welcome to Smyrnings ; continued as Spland of the Splost

Six-minute YouTube video produced by SandJack from my short script (NSFW): Make The Baby
Manuel Royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:41 PM   #10
Jean Marie
calm waters ahead

Jean Marie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJean Marie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJean Marie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJean Marie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJean Marie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJean Marie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJean Marie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJean Marie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJean Marie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJean Marie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJean Marie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuel Royal View Post
World-class hero. What pathetic cowards her attackers are.
World class is right.

By her speaking out, and thanking everyone for all their prayers, she's throwing the cowardice in the faces of her attackers. I love it!

She's been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize; cannot think of anyone more deserving What an amazing young woman. Wow!

To thine own self be true

current WIP (mystery/crime w/ supernatural twist)
Completed at long last

*Thanks, Jo*

Jean Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:36 PM   #11
Zoombie
Vengeful Crystaline Hawk 45C
AW Moderator

Zoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
"If you strike me down, I will return more powerful than you could possibly imagine..."

Shard Series: Worldshard (being beta'd), Lifeshard (done!), Soulshard (Done!), Peaceshard (43k/80k)

Invasion 2071 (With Editors)

Read my blog: Quantum Spin Plates

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Zoombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:42 PM   #12
JimmyB27
Dazed & Confused

JimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Very strong girl, and yes, a hero. But still, this kind of sentiment always bothers me: "Because of these prayers, God has given me this new life" No, the doctors who spent hours in surgery have given you a new life.

"Having been an English literary graduate, I've been trying to avoid the idea of doing art ever since. I think the idea of art kills creativity. I think media are at their most interesting before anybody's thought of calling them art, when people still think they're just a load of junk."
Douglas Adams
JimmyB27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:48 PM   #13
mccardey
I'm writing. Undistractable.

mccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Frankly, I'm thrilled she can say anything. I expect her doctors are, too.

ETA: In general, though - yes. I know exactly what you mean.
mccardey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:01 PM   #14
Jean Marie
calm waters ahead

Jean Marie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJean Marie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJean Marie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJean Marie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJean Marie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJean Marie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJean Marie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJean Marie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJean Marie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJean Marie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJean Marie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyB27 View Post
Very strong girl, and yes, a hero. But still, this kind of sentiment always bothers me: "Because of these prayers, God has given me this new life" No, the doctors who spent hours in surgery have given you a new life.
It's her sentiment and hers alone. Besides, after what she's been through, imo she can believe in whatever she feels like. Matter of fact, I'd vote her in for anything she wants to run for. That's not to say you're not entitled to your opinion, nor am I. We all are. Perhaps, she believes that her doctors were prayed for, too?

I think this kid's amazing and one heck of a role model for all young girls who are thirsting for knowledge and an education in the ME.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccardey View Post
Frankly, I'm thrilled she can say anything. I expect her doctors are, too.

ETA: In general, though - yes. I know exactly what you mean.
Her beginning recovery was so dicey I didn't think she'd be able to speak, either. It's incredible and will be beautiful to watch where she goes from here. It's exciting!

To thine own self be true

current WIP (mystery/crime w/ supernatural twist)
Completed at long last

*Thanks, Jo*

Jean Marie is offline   Reply With Quote