Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Pop Culture > Politics & Current Events
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 08:14 PM   #1
acockey
Bronies, Bronies Everywhere

acockey has a spectacular aura
How out of shape does this guy make you feel?

100 year old Marathoner retiring after starting to run marathons at 89 years old...So how do you feel about your fitness level right about now?

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs...ws-health.html

Current WIP: V 33000/50,0000 (Alive Again Yay!!!)

New WIP: Phase-Washed Jeans: 5,000/ 80,000 (Once more into the breach of fantasy)

Check me out over at EliteCosplay.com... handle HandyAnimeAndy

Last edited by acockey; 02-01-2013 at 08:15 PM. Reason: adding link
acockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:23 PM   #2
profen4
Monkeys are evil

profen4 has earned our admirationprofen4 has earned our admirationprofen4 has earned our admirationprofen4 has earned our admiration
Hmm, I don't see his time yet, so I'm not impressed! [heavy sarcasm alert]

I am curious about the article where it says he had a "lifestyle that includes ... a vegetarian rich diet" I can only assume a vegetarian "rich" diet, means something different than just a vegetarian diet, so I'm going to assume he eats a lot of vegetarians . . . proof that organic meat really is better for you. ao lot nam goi cam do ngu dep thoi trang cho be gai vay cong so chan vay cong so nu chup anh da ngoai gia re

Last edited by profen4; 05-14-2013 at 06:59 PM.
profen4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:37 PM   #3
quickWit
Totally Ninja!

quickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Is it wrong that my first thought was to calculate how many years I have left to abuse my body in order to get in shape at 89?
Old 02-01-2013, 08:42 PM   #4
asroc
Alex

asroc leaves trails of profuse coolnessasroc leaves trails of profuse coolnessasroc leaves trails of profuse coolnessasroc leaves trails of profuse coolnessasroc leaves trails of profuse coolness
Well, my first thought was that this means I have over sixty years before I have to start thinking about running marathons, so if it's wrong you're not alone.
asroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:13 PM   #5
ladyleeona
fluently sarcastic grandma offender

ladyleeona is a splendid one to beholdladyleeona is a splendid one to beholdladyleeona is a splendid one to behold
ugh.

that's how.

*weeps*

Support equal education for women: #WeAreGirlRising
www.girlrising.com
ladyleeona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:29 PM   #6
benbradley
It's a doggy dog world

benbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by profen4 View Post
Hmm, I don't see his time yet, so I'm not impressed! [heavy sarcasm alert]

I am curious about the article where it says he had a "lifestyle that includes ... a vegetarian rich diet" I can only assume a vegetarian "rich" diet, means something different than just a vegetarian diet, so I'm going to assume he eats a lot of vegetarians . . . proof that organic meat really is better for you.
That's exactly what I was thinking when I read that - does he eat vegetarians?
benbradley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:41 PM   #7
Monkey
Watching Bollywood action scenes.

Monkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
"He said he achieved this through the help of God, but even God must be getting fed up with helping him," Harmander Singh [his coach] said.
Sounds like he's a feisty one.

I love reading stuff like this, because it gives me hope that I still have plenty of time left to do parkour. I mean, I'm 33, and if I had only 20 more years, I'd be heartbroken.

Hey hey! Is anyone here going to be looking to get into shape after the holidays? Anyone want to experiment and play around with a little parkour, martial arts, or yoga? Want to train with me?

Acoustic guitar. This is absolutely beautiful: https://lonneys.bandcamp.com/album/s...sis-in-spheres
Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:09 AM   #8
Ken
and friends . . .

Ken is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
... wow. That's awesome.
Particularly in this day and age.
By 2030 half the populace will be obese.
Or something like that, according to estimates.
Half the populace. HALF THE POPULACE!
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:05 AM   #9
muravyets
Old revolutionary

muravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
This story both encourages and discourages me. Hrm.

Rule of thumb: Mura is not subtle.

The Grand Navigators, collaborative fantasy adventure party.
Cafe Muravyets, hang out of lazy writers.
Art: Portfolio and Studio Blog.
Me on Facebook.
muravyets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:40 AM   #10
thebloodfiend
Cory

thebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by muravyets View Post
This story both encourages and discourages me. Hrm.
I know what you mean.

On one hand it says, "Go run that five k you've been wanting to conquer forever. You can do it."

On the other hand, it says, "You lazy fuck. A senior is running marathons and you complain about three miles. You'll never get to a 10k, let alone 26 miles."
thebloodfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:16 PM   #11
Gale Haut
waxing digital artistic

Gale Haut is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGale Haut is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGale Haut is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGale Haut is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGale Haut is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGale Haut is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGale Haut is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGale Haut is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGale Haut is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGale Haut is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I bet the writer meant "rich vegetarian diet."

But this guy is awesome. If my body lets me do it at 89, I totally will.
Gale Haut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:33 PM   #12
J.S.F.
practical experience, FTW

J.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Yeah, well how much can he bench press?

What he's doing is amazing, but at the same time, I can bet some people are going to think "the dude's gotten to be 100 and running is the cause of it along with his diet" or words to that effect.

It's genetics, first and foremost, and then what you eat and how you work out--if you work out at all.

Jack LaLanne, the ironman of strength and endurance, died at 97. He swam up to two hours a day, lifted weights, and ate healthy food most of his life.

His brother died at the age of 96 (I think) and didn't do much exercise outside of walking and playing golf. I don't think he was a vegetarian, either.

JMO on all this. The dude, though, IS amazing.
J.S.F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:55 PM   #13
nighttimer
A Good Man in a Bad Time.

nighttimer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnighttimer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnighttimer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnighttimer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnighttimer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnighttimer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnighttimer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnighttimer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnighttimer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnighttimer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnighttimer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Let's face it: growing old and turning into a couch potato is a choice. It's not destiny.

Ernestine Shepherd, 74, makes me feel like a lazy lump.

Ernestine works as a personal trainer at a gym. But not my gym.

Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.
~ Maya Angelou

Unapologetic. Vainglorious. Multifarious. Just Audacious. @The Domino Theory
nighttimer is offline   Reply With Quote