Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > International District
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 03:41 AM   #1
Raspberry
Germlish Speaker

Raspberry is on a distinguished road
Submitting to US publishers from US via Germany

As nobody has interest or even an opinion, I'm taking this down. Thanks!

Last edited by Raspberry; 01-31-2013 at 05:03 AM.
Raspberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 05:24 AM   #2
Scrib
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Scrib is on a distinguished road
hm... I've only just joined up here and poking around found this thread. Did the information you originally posted have a limited shelf-date? Was it not suitable for future reference?
Scrib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:31 AM   #3
gingerwoman
Wicked Safari release date March3rd

gingerwoman is a splendid one to beholdgingerwoman is a splendid one to beholdgingerwoman is a splendid one to behold
What? I've only just seen this. lol It puzzles me the people who think this is any kind of an issue. Because it's not.Unless you have it in your head (like some people I've encountered.) that you are only willing to submit your book to the very biggest publishers in the world, in which case you probably need an agent.

To find actively acquiring publishers and agents visit my blog
http://lisawhitefern.wordpress.com/

Last edited by gingerwoman; 08-15-2013 at 06:36 AM.
gingerwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:53 AM   #4
Scrib
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Scrib is on a distinguished road
Hi Gingerwoman, I don't see any mention here of this being 'an issue'. I was curious to see what kind of information was hiding in this thread. Thank you though for your input.
Scrib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:16 PM   #5
SaraP
Daydreaming of love...
AW Moderator

SaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Raspberry, I am sorry your original message didn't get any comments, but you might consider the fact that a) this part of AW does not have very high traffic b) people might genuinely not have experience they can share to help you and c) the title of your post was somewhat misleading - I confess that my first thoughts when I saw the thread title were: "Another thread on publishing internationally? Why don't people just read the stickies?" It wasn't until later that I realized that your case was different.

Anyway, have you figured out how you're going to go about it?

It's so easy to laugh
It's so easy to hate

It takes strength to be gentle and kind

The Smiths

Life getting you down? Come get a pick-me-up.
SaraP is online now   Reply With Quote