Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Blogging and Social Networking
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 01:29 AM   #1
SarcasticCat
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

SarcasticCat is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb New Blog Project - Partner Wanted

Hey guys, I'm a new poster, but familiar with the forums.

I'm starting up a new blog site, and I would really like to partner with someone who has some blogging experience and is also creative.

The idea is to have a current event/ pop culture blog with a twist of humor. However, I don't want to put any limits on the blog before I find out what exactly it will become. So basically, I would like to have someone to share ideas and invest a little time till we have something pretty cool. Ideally, I would like to have a team of 4-5 bloggers eventually and/or use some guest bloggers.

I have a domain, hosting, and all that jazz. I enjoy the constructing and graphic part of building a site as well. The software is Wordpress. If you are interested, post here and I will pm you to give you my email ect.

Thanks for reading!
SarcasticCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:58 AM   #2
JadeVarden

JadeVarden is on a distinguished road
I'm interested enough to want to know more.
JadeVarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:31 PM   #3
BigWords
Geekzilla

BigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarcasticCat View Post
Hey guys, I'm a new poster, but familiar with the forums.

I'm starting up a new blog site, and I would really like to partner with someone who has some blogging experience and is also creative.
As this is your first post, members haven't gotten to know you. Asking for help on something like this might be seen as exploiting the members.

Quote:
The idea is to have a current event/ pop culture blog with a twist of humor. However, I don't want to put any limits on the blog before I find out what exactly it will become.
Having a clear idea of what you want out of a project before you commence work on it is something I look for in new blogs and websites. A vision for the future confers a degree of confidence in the undertaking.

Quote:
So basically, I would like to have someone to share ideas and invest a little time till we have something pretty cool. Ideally, I would like to have a team of 4-5 bloggers eventually and/or use some guest bloggers.
What are the benefits to the team of bloggers you want to put together? Is this a paid gig? If so, how much are you paying? If not, then what are the benefits to writers creating content for your blog rather than for their own blog(s)? You need to have more details when asking for people to apply to something like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbielleRose View Post
Dude, I am not that flexible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliwood View Post
The SFF Review Educational Supplement is now open. I'll be listing books, podcasts, online courses and anything else that aims to help the SFF writer improve their skills, provided they're free. (the books, podcasts, online courses and anything else, not the writers)

The British Comics Database is growing. Or mutating. I'm not quite sure which, yet.
BigWords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:33 PM   #4
SarcasticCat

SarcasticCat is on a distinguished road
Hey thanks for the questions/concerns. I'll try to answer them to the best of my ability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWords View Post
As this is your first post, members haven't gotten to know you. Asking for help on something like this might be seen as exploiting the members.

Having a clear idea of what you want out of a project before you commence work on it is something I look for in new blogs and websites. A vision for the future confers a degree of confidence in the undertaking.

What are the benefits to the team of bloggers you want to put together? Is this a paid gig? If so, how much are you paying? If not, then what are the benefits to writers creating content for your blog rather than for their own blog(s)? You need to have more details when asking for people to apply to something like this.
I definitely understand that concern, and I don't expect an overwhelming response. But I feel like if someone wouldn't be comfortable because they don't know me on here, then that's totally fine. I'm not sure how I could exploit anyone other than promising something that I do not keep (which I am not promising anything if that was believed).

I have a clear idea. But I am not stuck on any idea of my own because I know from working in groups that the more diversity and collaboration usually means the output is better. I'm fine taking my thoughts and running with them, but I'm smart enough to try to make things better. That's the vision.

Again, this is not set in stone that we will need a team. If it were, it would for sure not be paid in the beginning. I do not want to use ads to generate revenue until there is some sort of readership or traffic (if we ever were able to achieve enough to do so). Benefits? Hopefully somewhere where their content will be seen by a larger audience. Maybe these people also have their own blog and would be able to get traffic by readers clicking on the link to their blog. Again, those people who are not interested don't have to "apply" which this thread is not about.
SarcasticCat is offline   Reply With Quote