Happy Christmas!

Happy Holidays!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Goals and Accomplishments
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 12:15 AM   #1
SheilaJG
practical experience, FTW

SheilaJG is a candidate for sainthoodSheilaJG is a candidate for sainthoodSheilaJG is a candidate for sainthoodSheilaJG is a candidate for sainthoodSheilaJG is a candidate for sainthoodSheilaJG is a candidate for sainthoodSheilaJG is a candidate for sainthoodSheilaJG is a candidate for sainthood
I can't believe it, I'm on submission!

As of today! My agent just sent out the first email, and I am officially on submission. I really never expected to get this far, after so many rejections. Seriously, so many. But she is great and enthusiastic and I have hope once more.

I know I'm supposed to forget about it and move on to something new, but I feel like I should mark this occasion somehow. I took lots of pictures of my kids when they went off to Kindergarten, but I can't take a picture of my book, as it makes its way out into the world. I want to do something special besides eat a choco-taco (which I just did, and it wasn't that great). Any ideas?

Represented by Molly Ker Hawn of The Bent Agency
Twitter
SheilaJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:19 AM   #2
L. Y.
Aloha

L. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Congratulations and best of luck!

Edit with your head, write with your heart.

L. Y. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:20 AM   #3
Fantasmac
chronically underwhelmed

Fantasmac is on a distinguished road
Congratulations, that's so great!
Endgame (YA Contemporary) -- planning
塞翁失马焉知非福
君子一眼驷马难追
Fantasmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:21 AM   #4
folkchick
Not a new kid

folkchick has a golden reputationfolkchick has a golden reputationfolkchick has a golden reputationfolkchick has a golden reputationfolkchick has a golden reputationfolkchick has a golden reputation
Congrats, Sheila! Best of luck!!

blog & twitter

folkchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:38 AM   #5
idontknowwhatimdoing
Procrastinator

idontknowwhatimdoing has a spectacular aura
Congrats!!
idontknowwhatimdoing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:41 AM   #6
WriterWho
Edit . . . Edit . . . Edit . . .

WriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWriterWho is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I wish you the best!! Good luck!!
WriterWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:06 AM   #7
Siri Kirpal
Swan in Process

Siri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Best of luck! [And while you wait: Insert happy dancing goldfish!]

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal
Old 01-12-2013, 01:52 AM   #8
heyjude
Making my own sunshine
AW Moderator

heyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Congratulations. I suggest you treat yourself to some real chocolate!
heyjude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:28 AM   #9
Moon Daughter

Moon Daughter leaves trails of profuse coolnessMoon Daughter leaves trails of profuse coolnessMoon Daughter leaves trails of profuse coolnessMoon Daughter leaves trails of profuse coolnessMoon Daughter leaves trails of profuse coolness
Good luck with your submissions. I don't have any good ideas in terms of what you could do. Personally, I'd probably just celebrate by having a fun night doing things I loved (i.e.: going to the movies, bowling, TP'ing my ex's house).
Old 01-12-2013, 02:40 AM   #10
ex_machina
Enjoy the show.

ex_machina leaves trails of profuse coolnessex_machina leaves trails of profuse coolnessex_machina leaves trails of profuse coolnessex_machina leaves trails of profuse coolnessex_machina leaves trails of profuse coolness
Congrats Sheila! Here's hoping to read more good news shortly from you!

Molly is a class act.

Bloggin' (Latest: Queries are like cupcakes!)|Twitter!|Repped by Jessica Faust of BookEnds, LLC.
ex_machina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:09 AM   #11
areteus

areteus has earned our admirationareteus has earned our admirationareteus has earned our admirationareteus has earned our admiration
Hurrah! Excellent news...

I beleive a common response on these forums when one states that one is at a loss for something to do while one is waiting for something is 'get cracking on the next novel'
areteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:20 AM   #12
Susie
Thanks, special friend for my avi!
AW's Treasured Chocolate Birthday Lady

Susie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
congrats 'n way2go, Sheila. Much good luck! Calls for s!
Susie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:02 AM   #13
Tepelus
Is a chilly.

Tepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

Cast Your Eyes On The Ocean,
Cast Your Soul To The Sea.
When The Dark Night Seems Endless,
Please Remember Me.

My Blog. You know you want to.
My deviantART page. I draw and photograph, too.
Tepelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:03 AM   #14
SheilaJG

SheilaJG is a candidate for sainthoodSheilaJG is a candidate for sainthoodSheilaJG is a candidate for sainthoodSheilaJG is a candidate for sainthoodSheilaJG is a candidate for sainthoodSheilaJG is a candidate for sainthoodSheilaJG is a candidate for sainthoodSheilaJG is a candidate for sainthood
Thanks, everyone. This place is the best. I never would have gotten this far without the help I got here.

Still haven't figured out what to do to mark this occasion. Thinking about TPing Moon Daughter's ex's house, because that sounds like fun. Chocolate is good, too. Decisions, decisions . . .

Twitter
Old 01-12-2013, 07:52 AM   #15
Moon Daughter

Moon Daughter leaves trails of profuse coolnessMoon Daughter leaves trails of profuse coolnessMoon Daughter leaves trails of profuse coolnessMoon Daughter leaves trails of profuse coolnessMoon Daughter leaves trails of profuse coolness
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheilaJG View Post
Thanks, everyone. This place is the best. I never would have gotten this far without the help I got here.

Still haven't figured out what to do to mark this occasion. Thinking about TPing Moon Daughter's ex's house, because that sounds like fun. Chocolate is good, too. Decisions, decisions . . .

Oh, it IS the best! Just make sure you go at night and wear all black. If you're in a generous mood, I'd suggest TP'ing with 2-ply (also not as likely to tear when you throw it).

Keep us posted on your submission process.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:12 AM   #16
katci13
creative genie

katci13 is a glorious beacon of lightkatci13 is a glorious beacon of lightkatci13 is a glorious beacon of light
They still make choco-tacos?
Congratulations!!

Get some real chocolate and treat yourself to a fun day.

Works in Progress:

Dark Fantasy (YA) - Drafting
katci13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:42 AM   #17
Lady MacBeth
Out, damn'd spot! out, I say.

Lady MacBeth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLady MacBeth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLady MacBeth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLady MacBeth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLady MacBeth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLady MacBeth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLady MacBeth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLady MacBeth is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Congratulations!
Lady MacBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:11 PM   #18
ohthatmomagain
writing, working, weeping, winning

ohthatmomagain is a splendid one to beholdohthatmomagain is a splendid one to beholdohthatmomagain is a splendid one to behold
Congratulations! Wow I'd want to celebrate too.

Out Now SAINT SLOAN
...every saint as a past...

Twitter: @martieKay

ohthatmomagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:37 PM   #19
Snowstorm
Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue

Location: Lost in the Wyoming mountains. Don't try to rescue me.
Snowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Well congratulations! Such an exciting point in your career. Best wishes for great success. Eat another choco-taco!

Blood Atonement, a historical mystery, and Clear and Convincing Evidence, a contemporary mystery

WIP: Tarnished Gold, a historical mystery

Blog Twitter Facebook

Snowstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:39 PM   #20
Chris P
Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred

Chris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Wonderful news!

Click here to see a video of my two years in Uganda with the Peace Corps

Resingled Needs another round of betas. Interested?
Nyasaland Undergoing major repairs.
WIP: Cloak of Iron. WWI Sci-fi. It's got tanks. And holograms. 43,000 words.
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:41 PM   #21
stormie
storm central

stormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Congratulations and best of luck! Just writing about it here is a good way to celebrate!

An Interview

BLOG BLOG BLOG
stormie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:41 PM   #22
Sonneillon
Autophobic Misanthrope

Sonneillon has a spectacular auraSonneillon has a spectacular aura
Yay, congratulations! Champagne?

Sonneillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:19 PM   #23
SheilaJG

Thanks, everyone! Champagne and choco-tacos it is! Stormie, you are right, just sharing it here has been great. Not many people in my regular life know I write.

Twitter
Old 01-12-2013, 08:31 PM   #24
Satori1977
Listening to the Voices In My Head

Satori1977 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSatori1977 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSatori1977 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSatori1977 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSatori1977 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSatori1977 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSatori1977 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSatori1977 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSatori1977 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSatori1977 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSatori1977 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Congrats! You should find something you love to do, and maybe haven't had the chance to do lately, and do it to celebrate! Then start writing the next book.

Richard Castle

Satori1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:19 AM   #25
Smiley0501
Lurker, now activated. :-)

Smiley0501 should run for PresidentSmiley0501 should run for PresidentSmiley0501 should run for PresidentSmiley0501 should run for PresidentSmiley0501 should run for PresidentSmiley0501 should run for President
Congrats Sheila!! Wishing you an easy sub process and keep us all updated!

Of Fragile Things: agented and working on revisions
Repped by Carr1e H0wland of Donadio & Olson
Smiley0501 is offline   Reply With Quote