Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Goals and Accomplishments
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 04:35 AM   #1
Perks
delicate #!&@*#! flower

Perks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Imma drink this.

I started writing my first book in May of 2001. (Blessedly, this is a different book. I'm not that slow)

January 9, 2013, I get to hold my work in my hand - with a dust jacket and everything.
Perks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:40 AM   #2
WillSauger
The Crazy Man in the Sun. Feel me.

WillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
A bottle and two books? That's going to be hard to drink.
Good luck with that... these people and their weird traditions.

Whatever.

Congrats! You've earned it!

"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn" -- Alvin Toffler.

"The heights of great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they while their companions slept, were toiling upward in the night" -- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
WillSauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:44 AM   #3
aixsponsa
This is not Kelly Kapoor Story Hour

aixsponsa is well-respected
The cover's beautiful! Congratulations!
aixsponsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:47 AM   #4
poetinahat
on holiday
SuperModerator

poetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Ordering details - please. I'm dying for this one.

No, I'm not... I got something in my eye.

poetinahat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:50 AM   #5
KTC
THE REASONS - Now Available!

KTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
It's beautiful! So proud of you, Jamie! heartfelt congratulations! (-:
KTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:51 AM   #6
KTC
THE REASONS - Now Available!

KTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetinahat View Post

**LIKE**
KTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:00 AM   #7
MacAllister
'Twas but a dream of thee
El Jefe

MacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Congratulations, Jamie! You've worked damned hard for this, and it's a moment well-deserved.

Sofa Monkeys - Pop Culture for the Short Attention Span | Creating Home - Living well, creating a home, and cooking with Mom! | Stones In the Field - Random notes and maunderings
MacAllister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:03 AM   #8
triceretops
Super Browser

triceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
A wonderful accomplishment and long deserved. Congrats, Jamie. You did it!

tri
triceretops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:03 AM   #9
Corussa
I fight like a dairy farmer

Corussa is a glorious beacon of lightCorussa is a glorious beacon of lightCorussa is a glorious beacon of light
Wonderful! Must be a memorable moment. Congratulations.

The Wrecklings (Corussa 1) - 92k, draft #137ish
The Retosphere (Corussa 2) - 51K, first (short) draft still gathering dust
The Insert-Title-Here (Corussa 3) - Will be written once Wrecklings and Retosphere are done and dusted!
The Crown Capassia (Corussa 4) - Ah ha. Ah ha ha ha
Corussa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:05 AM   #10
Bebop
Self-Banned

Bebop has earned our admirationBebop has earned our admirationBebop has earned our admirationBebop has earned our admiration
Looks like you got everything you need there...

Imma join you in a bit. West Coast timezone, you know.

Seriously, Congratulibations. Happy, happy, happy, that's what I am for you. Coocoocachoo!
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:25 AM   #11
Calla Lily
On deadline for the next year or so
AW Moderator

Calla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Congratulations!
Old 01-10-2013, 05:28 AM   #12
Perks
delicate #!&@*#! flower

Perks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetinahat View Post

Can't say the particulars just yet, but there will be a version in your neck of the woods. Eeeeeep!
Old 01-10-2013, 05:55 AM   #13
leahzero
The colors! THE COLORS!

leahzero has a double-platinum reputationleahzero has a double-platinum reputationleahzero has a double-platinum reputationleahzero has a double-platinum reputationleahzero has a double-platinum reputationleahzero has a double-platinum reputationleahzero has a double-platinum reputation
Lifetime (?) Dream: Achieved.

What will you do next?

(Also, huge freaking congrats, lady.)

My self-publishing saga, in all its gory detail, is here.
leahzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:00 AM   #14
L. Y.
functions better after some sleep

L. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Congratulations!

Edit with your head, write with your heart.

L. Y. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:51 AM   #15
Tepelus

Tepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Congrats!

Cast Your Eyes On The Ocean,
Cast Your Soul To The Sea.
When The Dark Night Seems Endless,
Please Remember Me.

My Blog. You know you want to.
My deviantART page. I draw and photograph, too.
Tepelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:02 AM   #16
Unimportant
but appreciated anyway...

Unimportant is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUnimportant is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUnimportant is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUnimportant is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUnimportant is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUnimportant is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUnimportant is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUnimportant is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUnimportant is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUnimportant is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUnimportant is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Kudos! Enjoy the drink.

Y'all can find the book on Amazon here ;-)
Unimportant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:16 AM   #17
Satori1977
Listening to the Voices In My Head

Satori1977 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSatori1977 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSatori1977 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSatori1977 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSatori1977 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSatori1977 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSatori1977 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSatori1977 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSatori1977 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSatori1977 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSatori1977 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
That is wonderful news! I saw your book at the top of AW when I signed in. Enjoy your celebration, you earned it.

Richard Castle

Satori1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:35 AM   #18
Lady MacBeth
Out, damn'd spot! out, I say.

Lady MacBeth is a candidate for sainthoodLady MacBeth is a candidate for sainthoodLady MacBeth is a candidate for sainthoodLady MacBeth is a candidate for sainthoodLady MacBeth is a candidate for sainthoodLady MacBeth is a candidate for sainthoodLady MacBeth is a candidate for sainthoodLady MacBeth is a candidate for sainthood
Congratulations! You are living the dream.
Lady MacBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:49 AM   #19
Kylabelle
not what you think
AW Moderator

Kylabelle is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKylabelle is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKylabelle is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKylabelle is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKylabelle is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKylabelle is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKylabelle is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKylabelle is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKylabelle is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKylabelle is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKylabelle is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Oh, AWESOME! This is so great to read right now, I am happy for you - and had to post that this was precisely the inspiration I needed.

thank you for that.
Walk into the Mystery (blog updated July 18.)

Sloppy Joe's. Where we can be literate and not have to take flak for it. --s6

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat
Let's just hit people with sticks.

Kylabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:03 AM   #20
Perks
delicate #!&@*#! flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satori1977 View Post
That is wonderful news! I saw your book at the top of AW when I signed in. Enjoy your celebration, you earned it.
Oh that's cool! I hadn't seen that.

Thanks, Mac & Co.!

And thank you, Satori.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:04 AM   #21
Perks
delicate #!&@*#! flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahzero View Post
Lifetime (?) Dream: Achieved.

What will you do next?

(Also, huge freaking congrats, lady.)
Hopefully write another & have them let me play in t his sandbox again.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:57 AM   #22
mccardey
I'm writing. Undistractable.

mccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Who's a clever girl, then? Many, many congratulations! Well done!
mccardey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:26 AM   #23
Chris P
Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred

Chris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Excellent news! Congrats!

Resingled Querying!
Nyasaland Undergoing major repairs.
WIP: Cloak of Iron. WWI Sci-fi. It's got tanks. And holograms. 43,000 words.
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:45 AM   #24
Broadswordbabe
Chief High Procrastinator

Broadswordbabe is a glorious beacon of lightBroadswordbabe is a glorious beacon of lightBroadswordbabe is a glorious beacon of light
Congratulations, it looks wonderful! Savour the moment and enjoy every sip.

Dangerous Gifts - A Babylon Steel novel

The Mammoth Book of Ghost Stories by Women
Broadswordbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:54 AM   #25
milkweed
Abuses commas at will.

milkweed has earned our admirationmilkweed has earned our admirationmilkweed has earned our admirationmilkweed has earned our admiration
Congratulations!
milkweed is offline   Reply With Quote