Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Pop Culture > Politics & Current Events
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2013, 06:40 AM   #1
clintl
Represent.

clintl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclintl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclintl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclintl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclintl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclintl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclintl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclintl is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
The Prankster Cops of Newton, MA

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...ors-house?lite

Apparently, some of them never quite grew up.
clintl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:53 PM   #2
Williebee
"Assume Good Intentions"
SuperModerator

Williebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Around here it's TP-ing. There's a season for it, in the fall. Parents drive kids around to TP friends' houses.

Some folks think it's fun. *shrug*

Would that all news days should actually were this slow.

"There's a Voodoo Game on in the Crescent City. Pray for the Pawns."
Available now where all kinds of cool books are sold.
Kobo Kindle Nook iBook
More stories by Eldon Hughes -- "I Found A Knife"

Read the Newbie Guide.

"We're writers; we own our words. Please choose them to add light and not just heat."
Williebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:39 PM   #3
thebloodfiend
Cory

thebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Don't cops have better things to do with their time?

Throwing eggs at a house... your sergeant's house... my god, people are stupid.

Just when I get to thinking my life will be so much better when I stop hanging out with teenagers, idiocy strikes again.
thebloodfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:31 AM   #4
Williebee
"Assume Good Intentions"
SuperModerator

Williebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebloodfiend View Post
Don't cops have better things to do with their time?
"Off duty" cops. Maybe try it this way:

"Don't people have better things to do with their time?"

Yeah, I don't get egging a house either, or TP-ing it or forking the yard for that matter. (again) *shrug*

ETA: THEN AGAIN -- back when I spent an off season delivering appliances for a Big Box store, the last driver back at the end of the day might find his car filled with styrofoam peanuts and shrinkwrapped shut. So maybe I *shrug* too soon?

"There's a Voodoo Game on in the Crescent City. Pray for the Pawns."
Available now where all kinds of cool books are sold.
Kobo Kindle Nook iBook
More stories by Eldon Hughes -- "I Found A Knife"

Read the Newbie Guide.

"We're writers; we own our words. Please choose them to add light and not just heat."
Williebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:41 AM   #5
Don
All Living is Local

Don is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Yeah, these are the only people who should be carrying guns, absolutely.

The State represents violence in a concentrated and organized form. ~Mahatma Gandhi
The 'social contract' is to the politician what 'original sin' is to the priest. ~Don
The vision of the helpful and protective state is the most pervasive and counter-productive ideology in the world today. ~Don
Americans are so enamored of equality they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.~Alexis de Tocqueville
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.~Unknown

I tend to blame the Feds for Don, actually.
If they'd get it right, we wouldn't need Don pointing out that they'd gotten it wrong.
~ Medievalist

This is not your grandfather's Evil Empire.
Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:46 AM   #6
thebloodfiend
Cory

thebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'd assume that cops, off-duty or not, would have more self-discipline than the average person.

But, true. I suppose you're free to be an idiot when you're off work.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:20 AM   #7
Gretad08
just think about it

Gretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Pranks are fun...when they're delivered without ill intent. We used to have neighbors who pranked each other all the time, but they were good friends, so it was always funny, and no one ever got mad.

One set of neighbors went out of town, only to return to find all their lawn furniture on the roof of the house. A two story at that. It was pretty funny to drive by and see a patio set on a roof.
Gretad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:44 PM   #8
Myrealana
I aim to misbehave

Myrealana has a golden reputationMyrealana has a golden reputationMyrealana has a golden reputationMyrealana has a golden reputationMyrealana has a golden reputationMyrealana has a golden reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebloodfiend View Post
I'd assume that cops, off-duty or not, would have more self-discipline than the average person.
You haven't known a lot of cops, have you?

Growing up, my father was the police comissioner in my town, and a volunteer firefighter. The police chief lived behind us.

Ah, the evenings of sitting around my back yard with half the fire and police departments "safely disposing" of confiscated fireworks. While cops and firefighters played various drinking games.

The chief and his wife got drunk once and barged into our house and TP'd our basement.

Those were the days...

"When it comes down to it itís always, always you and the white page. At the end of the day if the page is blank, itís won.
Donít let the page win."
Alasdair Stewart
Myrealana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:24 PM   #9
thebloodfiend
Cory

Most of my family is former military, so I understand the stupidity that people in uniform can get into outside (and inside) of work.

I'd just assume they'd have more discipline than your average stupid high school/college boy. We do want the disciplined, not prone to pulling ridiculous pranks, people defending us with guns and tasers, correct?

ETA: Though I never understood prank week in Arnold Air, either. I just find the whole idea rather distasteful. Ah, well. I'll mark this off as yet another thing I will never understand.

Last edited by thebloodfiend; 01-07-2013 at 11:30 PM.