Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Pop Culture > Politics & Current Events
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2013, 05:09 AM   #1
ReallyRong
In Time-Out For My Sins

ReallyRong is a shiny, shiny jewelReallyRong is a shiny, shiny jewel
The next big music video?

Well,

This is a showcase of a Seattle based crowd going musically globetrotting. I defy you to remain dry eyed. (I'm crying already).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pwe-p...BQtksdCB0Km6Lw
ReallyRong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:48 AM   #2
Don
All Living is Local

Don is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Yep, worked on me. Thanks.

Economics puts parameters on people’s utopias. ~Peter Boettke
The 'social contract' is to the politician what 'original sin' is to the priest. ~Don
The vision of the helpful and protective state is the most pervasive and counter-productive ideology in the world today. ~Don
The State represents violence in a concentrated and organized form. ~Mahatma Gandhi
The executive of the modern state is nothing but a committee for managing the common affairs of the whole bourgeoisie.~Karl Marx

I tend to blame the Feds for Don, actually.
If they'd get it right, we wouldn't need Don pointing out that they'd gotten it wrong.
~ Medievalist
Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:01 AM   #3
Cranky
I See You
SuperModerator

Cranky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCranky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCranky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCranky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCranky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCranky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCranky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCranky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCranky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCranky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCranky is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Well, I *am* dry-eyed. But I am also smiling. <---See?

I love Matt's work.

An exceptional poem that you really should read, by AW's own William Haskins:

Thorn Forest: A Poem In Progress
Cranky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:47 PM   #4
Teinz
The One Ring?

Location: Cast back into the fiery chasm from whence it came!
Teinz is a splendid one to beholdTeinz is a splendid one to beholdTeinz is a splendid one to behold
I love this guy. What a life he's living! Travelling, meeting lots of people and dancing with them. What else does one want?

Sad about the blurred faces in Damascus.
Teinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:22 PM   #5
Chrissy
Magna Cum Absurdus

Chrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Loved it! I watched it twice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teinz View Post
I was wondering about that... why did they do that?
Chrissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:35 PM   #6
Teinz
The One Ring?

Location: Cast back into the fiery chasm from whence it came!
Teinz is a splendid one to beholdTeinz is a splendid one to beholdTeinz is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
I can only guess, but probably because dancing is frowned upon by extremists.
Teinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:42 PM   #7
Chrissy
Magna Cum Absurdus

Chrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Wow, that IS sad. One of them was classic ballet!
Old 01-05-2013, 05:11 PM   #8
Lyv
looking beyond intentions

Lyv has a golden reputationLyv has a golden reputationLyv has a golden reputationLyv has a golden reputationLyv has a golden reputationLyv has a golden reputation
Thanks! I'll be smiling all day.

If you haven't watched the outtakes, do.
Lyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:42 PM   #9
Gretad08
just think about it

Gretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
That's awesome. Made me happy and hopeful.
Gretad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:37 PM   #10
K.L. Bennett
A floopy flolloper

K.L. Bennett is a splendid one to beholdK.L. Bennett is a splendid one to beholdK.L. Bennett is a splendid one to behold
Thank you for sharing! I'm going to go watch it a third time and share with my FB friends. I definitely teared up a bit, in a good way.
K.L. Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:38 PM   #11
Cyia
Rewriting My Destiny

Cyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teinz View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy

Syria has strict modesty laws, which includes women wearing veils, long sleeves, and pants that go past the knee.

Cyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:03 PM   #12
patskywriter
practical experience, FTW

patskywriter has a spectacular aurapatskywriter has a spectacular aura
That was awesome! Totally dug the "Temptation Walk" in Detroit—nice tribute to Motown.

I thought no one could visit North Korea (?)

That seal, sea otter, walrus, or whatever that was in San Diego was hilarious!

Publisher of the Durham Skywriter, Durham, NC, USA's online community paper

Host of Radio Skywriter and TV Skywriter

Currently working on a manual for caregivers of Alzheimer's patients

Last edited by patskywriter; 01-05-2013 at 08:11 PM.
patskywriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:34 PM   #13
Calla Lily
On deadline for the next year or so
AW Moderator

Calla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
That was awesome.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:20 PM   #14
Celia Cyanide
Joker Groupie

Celia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
My mom sent me that too...I guess I just don't get it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzglH...ature=youtu.be

my IMDB page: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2097751/

My decoupage shoes, now on Etsy:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CeliaCyani...shop-info-name
Celia Cyanide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:11 AM   #15
Cyia
Rewriting My Destiny

Cyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celia Cyanide View Post
My mom sent me that too...I guess I just don't get it.

Music is universal, and everyone loves to dance.

Cyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:12 AM   #16
Chrissy
Magna Cum Absurdus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyia View Post
Syria has strict modesty laws, which includes women wearing veils, long sleeves, and pants that go past the knee.
Okay, I see. That's slightly better than what I was envisioning.... being arrested for dancing or some such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyia View Post
Music is universal, and everyone loves to dance.
Yes!

Even if people cannot communicate, through language, a single word to each other, we all have have two feet, two legs, two arms, two hands.... and one smile to share... to understand and to communicate the joy of movement... of being... of human-ness.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:18 AM   #17
Gretad08
just think about it

Gretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I called my mom today and we 'watched' it together over the phone. She loved it, and called over my 14 year old brother to see it too. he thought it was "tight". lol
Gretad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:33 AM   #18
bearilou
DenturePunk writer

bearilou is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbearilou is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbearilou is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbearilou is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbearilou is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbearilou is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbearilou is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbearilou is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbearilou is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbearilou is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbearilou is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I bought the music from amazon (it's a fabulous song) but the video is what makes me teary- and bleary-eyed.
The first draft is a huge pile of clay that you've laboriously heaped on your table, patting it into a rough shape as you go along. From the second draft onward, you'll cut away chunks, add bits, pat and punch and pinch, until you finally have a gorgeous figure of, oh, Marcus Aurelius. Or a duck. But a damn fine duck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTC View Post
1) Write like your face is on fire.
I tweet. Not often, maybe not interestingly, but I tweet.
My sort-of-not-really blog.
bearilou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:41 PM   #19
J.S.F.
practical experience, FTW

J.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJ.S.F. is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Thumbs up

For four minutes it restored my faith in humanity.
J.S.F. is offline   Reply With Quote