Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Freelance & Work for Hire > Paying Markets
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 03:32 AM   #1
Undercover
I got it covered

Undercover is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUndercover is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUndercover is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUndercover is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUndercover is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUndercover is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUndercover is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUndercover is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUndercover is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUndercover is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUndercover is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Speeding Star Looking for Boy Manuscripts (shorter word counts)

Just thought I'd share this with you guys, hoping someone will be able to submit there. They are a new imprint of Enslow looking for boy mss. with shorter word counts at a reading level of 4th grade to high school.

http://www.speedingstar.com/Manuscript_Upload.aspx
Undercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:14 AM   #2
Kewii
practical experience, FTW

Kewii is a shiny, shiny jewelKewii is a shiny, shiny jewel
You're not kidding when you say shorter word counts. They want a max of 12,000 words.

That counts me out.

"You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve."
-J.K Rowling

My New Blog

I'm (Gonna) NaNo

Kewii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:24 AM   #3
thebloodfiend
Cory

thebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthebloodfiend is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Damn. I thought you meant short, as in under 50k. They don't even want novellas.
thebloodfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:11 PM   #4
Undercover
I got it covered

Undercover is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUndercover is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUndercover is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUndercover is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUndercover is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUndercover is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUndercover is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUndercover is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUndercover is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUndercover is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUndercover is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
You could probably write that in a couple of days if you wanted to.
Undercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:17 PM   #5
regdog
Hey, check me out
AW Moderator

Location: I'm a velociraptor on a bike, your argument is invalid
regdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
MOD NOTE this forum requires the pay rate to be post in the thread title

My Blog-The Character Assassination of Starscream

Help find Tracey Cooeedownunder's sister is missing
regdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:39 PM   #6
Chris P
Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred

Chris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I just queried them about short story collections, and for more specifics about payment.

I'm also starting a thread in BR&BC for this publisher.

Resingled Querying!
Nyasaland Off to betas. PM me if you'd like to help a guy out.
WIP: WWI Sci-fi. It's got tanks. And holograms. 43,000 words.

Write on, Brother! (blog)

Last edited by Chris P; 01-04-2013 at 11:21 PM.
Chris P is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:44 PM   #7
Chris P
Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred

Chris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Has anyone submitted a manuscript or sent an email via their online form? I clicked the "send me a copy" box and nothing happened. I tried submitting a manuscript and no acknowledgement. I upload the manuscript and there is no "submit" button.

Resingled Querying!
Nyasaland Off to betas. PM me if you'd like to help a guy out.
WIP: WWI Sci-fi. It's got tanks. And holograms. 43,000 words.

Write on, Brother! (blog)
Chris P is online now   Reply With Quote