Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Publishing > Self-Publishing: Print, Digital, Papyrus or Clay
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2012, 09:31 AM   #1
Medievalist
Cultus Gopherus MacAllister
SuperModerator

Medievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Smashwords asking for help testing their direct ePub upload

See: http://www.pigsgourdsandwikis.com/20...files-for.html

But here's the core:

Yesterday, in the Site Updates section of the Smashwords' website (you need to be logged in to see this) Mark Coker posted:

Quote:
Originally Posted by merk Coker, CEO of SmashWords
December 28, 2012 - Smashwords Direct alpha testing underway. We're preparing to launch Smashwords Direct, our direct .epub upload option. One year ago in my 2011 annual year-in-review over at the Smashwords Blog, we made a commitment to launch SWD in the second half of 2012. We're working to fulfill that commitment. We're nearing completion of a beta version of SWD. The first iteration will enable those of you with professionally designed .epub files to replace your current Smashwords-generated .epub with another .epub. It'll also allow authors to upload .epub files instead of Word .doc files. We're inviting people with custom epubs to email them to us...
I can't link directly to the Smashwords page, but go, login, and you'll see the announcement.

Send 'em your ePubs. I'd suggest a short note in the email telling them how the file was generated and validated.

AW Admin
About.Me
AWers On Twitter
Lisa L. Spangenberg
My opinions are my own. | Who else would want them?
Medievalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:26 PM   #2
LBlankenship
VPXV 4EVA

LBlankenship is a shiny, shiny jewelLBlankenship is a shiny, shiny jewel
Sent!

Available at all major e-retailers

Samples at my book blog: Disciples of the Fount Writing blog: Notes from the Jovian frontier Twitter: LBlankenship_sf
Creative Services for self-publishers: covers, ebook formatting, and more
LBlankenship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:29 PM   #3
aikigypsy
practical experience, FTW

aikigypsy is on a distinguished road
Thanks!
(Now there'a another thing for my to-do list).
aikigypsy is offline   Reply With Quote