Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > FAQs
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2012, 11:28 PM   #1
lolabelle
figuring it all out

lolabelle is on a distinguished road
Checking Replies to a Post

Is there a way to see which posts have been replied to?

I know in other forums there's generally a dashboard of where you've posted with some kind of system for organizing them by which ones have been commented on and whatnot.

(Apologies if what I'm looking for is found elsewhere, but I couldn't find it.)
lolabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:32 PM   #2
Medievalist
Cultus Gopherus MacAllister
SuperModerator

Medievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
See:

FAQ: How Can I Find My Posts

FAQ: Everything You Wanted to Know About Thread Subscriptions

AW Admin
About.Me
AWers On Twitter
Lisa L. Spangenberg
My opinions are my own. | Who else would want them?
Medievalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:33 PM   #3
Maryn
You, too?
AW Moderator

Maryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
There sure is, lolabelle. In a blue band across the top of each page there's a line that starts with User CP, then FAW, and so on, until you get to New Posts. Click on that and it sorts all posts which have a reply since your last visit.

Often, that's a lot of pages of posts, so sometimes I just visit the boards I'm most interested in. And for any thread I care about especially, I subscribe to it. That way when I click on User CP, it will be included in the threads with replies so I can go there directly.

There are FAQs to help you get around. Let me find links. EDIT: Too slow--Medievalist doth provide!

Maryn, hoping that made sense
Old 12-29-2012, 11:36 PM   #4
lolabelle
figuring it all out

lolabelle is on a distinguished road
Thanks guys....at some point the n00b in me will wear off.
lolabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:42 AM   #5
lewisc
Overnight Sensation

lewisc is on a distinguished road
I just wanted to hit the like button on this one. Super easy to follow explanation. Thanks.
lewisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:47 AM   #6
Medievalist
Cultus Gopherus MacAllister
SuperModerator

Medievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisc View Post
I just wanted to hit the like button on this one. Super easy to follow explanation. Thanks.
Hey, thanks.

We really appreciate it. We've got fabulous mods here, and Maryn's one of them.

Check out the FAQ: Everything you Ever Wanted to Know About Rep Comments and Points

AW Admin
About.Me
AWers On Twitter
Lisa L. Spangenberg
My opinions are my own. | Who else would want them?
Medievalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:49 AM   #7
Maryn
You, too?
AW Moderator

Maryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Aw, shucks!

Maryn, drawing a circle in the dirt with her toe