Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Publishing > General Publishing Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 08:25 AM   #1
gingerwoman
Wicked Safari release date March3rd

gingerwoman is a splendid one to beholdgingerwoman is a splendid one to beholdgingerwoman is a splendid one to behold
E-publishing does NOT equate to self publishing.

I kind of wish the self-publishing stuff would stay in the self- publishing area and certain people here would stop equating e-publishing with self publishing in this forum.
Some people here seem to think there is NO difference and that the term "E-publishing" means self-publishing. It does not, and there is a whole separate forum to talk about self-publishing.
The misuse of the term just grates.

To find actively acquiring publishers and agents visit my blog
http://lisawhitefern.wordpress.com/
Old 12-25-2012, 08:56 AM   #2
Medievalist
Cultus Gopherus MacAllister
SuperModerator

Medievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerwoman View Post
I kind of wish the self-publishing stuff would stay in the self- publishing area and certain people here would stop equating e-publishing with self publishing in this forum.
Some people here seem to think there is NO difference and that the term "E-publishing" means self-publishing. It does not, and there is a whole separate forum to talk about self-publishing.
Tell you what. If it's harshin' your buzz that much use the button.

AW Admin
About.Me
AWers On Twitter
Lisa L. Spangenberg
My opinions are my own. | Who else would want them?
Old 12-25-2012, 09:08 AM   #3
gingerwoman

gingerwoman is a splendid one to beholdgingerwoman is a splendid one to beholdgingerwoman is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medievalist View Post
Tell you what. If it's harshin' your buzz that much use the button.
I don't know if it's serious enough for that. lol I was more tempted to push that button when I got attacked for saying Fifty Shades of Grey wasn't all that bad, and got accused of mindlessly reading it for the sex scenes, which considering how tame it is compared to my writing was funny

Old 12-25-2012, 09:44 AM   #4
Medievalist
SuperModerator

Medievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
If it happened here, report the post.

If it didn't happen here, don't start a thread to complain about something that happened elseweb.

AW Admin
About.Me
AWers On Twitter
Lisa L. Spangenberg
Old 12-25-2012, 11:40 AM   #5
Old Hack
crazy mean
SuperModerator

Old Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOld Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOld Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOld Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOld Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOld Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOld Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOld Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOld Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOld Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOld Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
I don't know if it's serious enough for that. lol
It's mentioned in the guidelines for the Self Publishing room, which I'm sure you've read.

If it's serious enough for you to start a new thread in order to complain about it, then it's serious enough for you to report the posts concerned.

I'd much prefer that to your making vague references to "certain people here":

Quote:
My bold.

Either report the posts or ignore them, but please don't make veiled references to other members like this: it doesn't achieve anything, apart from worrying people who might have slipped up once or twice. Thanks.
Old 12-25-2012, 11:56 AM   #6
gingerwoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Hack View Post
It's mentioned in the guidelines for the Self Publishing room, which I'm sure you've read.

No I have read nothing in that forum because self-publishing is not something I am involved with as yet.
I was vague because I didn't want to offend any specific person.

Last edited by gingerwoman; 12-25-2012 at 12:04 PM.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:09 PM   #7
gingerwoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medievalist View Post
If it happened here, report the post.

If it didn't happen here, don't start a thread to complain about something that happened elseweb.
It happened in this forum more than once, but I wish there was a delete button for threads and posts here because I would have deleted the thread, since it's not really worth making an issue of. I just momentarily felt like it was if that makes sense.

Old 12-26-2012, 02:41 AM   #8
FOTSGreg
Today is your last day.

Location: A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible things lurk just beneath the surface of reality
FOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
You can also place any poster (except a Mod) on "Ignore" if you don't want to read what they're posting (I've done that a few times).
Old 12-26-2012, 02:58 AM   #9
Medievalist
SuperModerator

Quote:
It happened in this forum more than once, but I wish there was a delete button for threads and posts here because I would have deleted the thread, since it's not really worth making an issue of. I just momentarily felt like it was if that makes sense.
No, actually, it doesn't make sense—but it did cause me to peruse your post history. You might want to do the same while reading your posts as if they were written by a stranger. Take this post:

Quote:
You sound like one of the "mean girls" in high school complaining about those unpopular self-publishing types who should just stay in their own area.

Epublishing merely means digital publishing.

It's something that commercial publishers, independent publishers, and self-publishers all engage in.

And there are large numbers of members here who engage in self-publishing and commercial publishing, in both print and digital formats.

AW Admin
About.Me
AWers On Twitter
Lisa L. Spangenberg
Old 12-26-2012, 05:37 AM   #10
gingerwoman

That's why I would have deleted the thread basically immediately after I made it because I was concerned it would be mistakenly taken that way. I have diagnosed ADHD a hallmark of which is impulsivity so I really do appreciate the message boards that let you delete threads and posts.
And yes I am well aware of how many people are self publishing now including very big name authors and lots of NYT Best Sellers.
The two terms are not synonymous was my only point. Well that and the fact I would have kind of liked a forum where those with E-publishers could discuss those issues without the two being all mixed up, but seems I'm probably the only one who would like that, so it's not very relevant.

Old 12-26-2012, 05:42 AM   #11
MacAllister
'Twas but a dream of thee
El Jefe

MacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I think we can be done with this.

Sofa Monkeys - Pop Culture for the Short Attention Span | Creating Home - Living well, creating a home, and cooking with Mom! | Stones In the Field - Random notes and maunderings
Closed Thread