Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Young Adult
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2012, 12:24 PM   #1
keepcalmandwriteon
figuring it all out

keepcalmandwriteon is on a distinguished road
books from antagonist pov

Are there any ya fantasies that have an antagonist pov?
keepcalmandwriteon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:00 PM   #2
Cyia
Rewriting My Destiny

Cyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
If you mean a villain's POV, sure. You're not going to get a book solely from an antagonist's POV because the main character is automatically the protagonist, even if he's the bad guy and people are rooting against him. The antagonist is simply the one keeping the main character from achieving his/her goals.

Cyia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:17 PM   #3
mellymel
I find ur lack of faith disturbing

Location: I'm not sure, but if you find me, for the love of God, please let me know!
mellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Kristin Cashore's Fire (the sequel to Graceling) is basically told from the antagonist's POV as in the MC was the antagonist in the first book and Fire is told from his POV and he is quite villainous (IMO).

WIP: YA Psychological Thriller--ForNever--Being queried! Please pass the vomit bucket.

Find me on Twitter!: melksan
mellymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:59 PM   #4
Tigerlilly79
Maybe I should see someone . . .

Tigerlilly79 is on a distinguished road
Wicked and Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister by Gregory Macguire.

FACEBOOK

You are responsible for the talent you have been entrusted with. Go work with it.

Tigerlilly79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:32 PM   #5
The_Ink_Goddess
the not happened yet

The_Ink_Goddess has earned our admirationThe_Ink_Goddess has earned our admirationThe_Ink_Goddess has earned our admirationThe_Ink_Goddess has earned our admiration
LIAR by Justine Larbalestier
Scott Westerfeld's PRETTIES/UGLIES series has segments from multiple POVs, including villain POVs, in the later books.

I didn't want to be your ghost
I didn't want to be anybody's ghost
But I don't want anybody else.

Crushing - contemporary YA, 72k, next circle of hell
The_Ink_Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote