Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Discussion > Beta Readers, Mentors, and Writing Buddies
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2012, 03:59 PM   #1
Guerrien
Fire Bad, Tree Pretty

Guerrien is well-respected
Seeking: Beta for YA Sci-Fi

Hi guys

I'm looking for a beta for my 95,000-word YA sci-fi. You can find the query here. The first ten pages are here.

I'm willing to do a swap and look over your work in return, in which case my skills are overall plot arcs, continuity, and characterisation. I'm good at pointing out things that strike me as out of place, not so much the finer points of grammar. If you happen to need a Brit to look over your work, I'm also good at being British.

Which is what I'd like to find: a beta to look at the overall story, continuity, characterisation and pacing. You don't have to be British, of course--the more cultures, the merrier!

In terms of timing, I'd like to have it back asap, but I know it's the holidays, so I'm thinking I'd like to find someone who could have it back to me by the end of January, and would labour to do the same in return.
Guerrien is offline   Reply With Quote