Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Discussion > Bewares, Recommendations & Background Check
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2012, 03:22 AM   #1
la321
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

la321 is on a distinguished road
IdeaApp (Alan Amron)

I emailed Alan Amron to submit my idea for a book he told me they don't accept submissions anymore by email and told me to submit it through ideaapp.com has anyone used this before?
la321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:10 PM   #2
aliceshortcake
Wilde about Oscar

aliceshortcake leaves trails of profuse coolnessaliceshortcake leaves trails of profuse coolnessaliceshortcake leaves trails of profuse coolnessaliceshortcake leaves trails of profuse coolnessaliceshortcake leaves trails of profuse coolness
http://www.ideaapp.com/

Alan Amron is an inventor, so I don't understand why he'd be interested in an idea for a book. Agents and publishers aren't interested in ideas for books - just the finished book.

As for ideaapp.com, it's impossible to patent or copyright an idea.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:17 AM   #3
James D. Macdonald
Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage

James D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
ideaApp Inventors & Writers

Learn how to protect your ideas

Search and Protect your Invention or idea

Everyone has great ideas for a new book, movie, product or service, but most inventors or writers are not sure how to research, protect and or pursue their idea. Now there is an app and a PC or Mac website version.
And this fellow won't help you. Writers: You cannot copyright an idea. Which is okay, because ideas by themselves are worthless.

Do you want to protect your book?

Write it.

That's 100% of what's required.

Quote:
(1) Search the entire world and get a report instantly have peace of mind and do what all professional inventors and writers do first, a world Search, so that if its ever been done before you don't have to waste your time or money going any further, but if it was never done before, go for it with vigor and confidence knowing that its' truly your idea.
"All professional ... writers do first"? Really? I would have phrased that as "No professional writers do at all."

A part of this does seem to be targeted at writers: http://www.ideaapp.com/writer8.pdf

For $200 you get nothing at all. Isn't that special?

Save your time, save your money, and forget you ever heard of this "service."
Old 12-17-2012, 01:21 AM   #4
LindaJeanne
On a small world west of wonder

LindaJeanne is a splendid one to beholdLindaJeanne is a splendid one to beholdLindaJeanne is a splendid one to behold
He seems to be trying to apply a patent "prior art" search to literature.

Problem is, in literature, there is always "prior art".
Old 12-17-2012, 03:20 AM   #5
la321
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

la321 is on a distinguished road
Thanks, i'm trying to get a book out about what happened to me when i was in special education i read that most publishers won't consider you unless someone has an agent so i'm trying to look for one. i thought Alan was an agent because he was listed on the writers guild of america list and i told him i didn't want to use that website they're making money off people stories and the writers get nothing then he told me thats their procedure i'm free to choose from hundreds of others agents i can submit to i've been trying to find out where to start looking for an agent or publisher that handles nonfiction or autobiographies

Last edited by la321; 12-17-2012 at 03:37 AM.
la321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:58 AM   #6
RoseColoredSkies
It's a long and winding road

RoseColoredSkies has a spectacular aura
ia321, you might try QueryTracker. It's free and provides a list of agents who handle nonfiction (and biographies/memoirs). Just did a simple search and came up with a list of 399 agents.

http://querytracker.net/literary_agents.php

Of course, you should come back and check out any agents you find here in B&BC.

Hope this helps.