Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Pop Culture > Politics & Current Events
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2012, 02:25 AM   #1
Monkey
Still here.

Monkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hillary Clinton faints, gets concussion...

... and won't be available to testify about Benghazi on Thursday.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/15/us/us-...ion/index.html

Cue the conspiracy theories.

This entire album was written and performed by one amazing guy: http://lonneys.bandcamp.com/album/amphantast
Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:58 AM   #2
Zoombie
Vengeful Crystaline Hawk 45C
AW Moderator

Zoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Oh no! I hope she's okay...

Shard Series: Worldshard (being beta'd), Lifeshard (done!), Soulshard (Done!), Peaceshard (43k/80k)

Invasion 2071 (With Editors)

Read my blog: Quantum Spin Plates

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Zoombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:04 AM   #3
Don
All Living is Local

Don is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey View Post
... and won't be available to testify about Benghazi on Thursday.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/15/us/us-...ion/index.html

Cue the conspiracy theories.
Well, you have to admit the timing is fortuitous.

Economics puts parameters on people’s utopias. ~Peter Boettke
The 'social contract' is to the politician what 'original sin' is to the priest. ~Don
The vision of the helpful and protective state is the most pervasive and counter-productive ideology in the world today. ~Don
The State represents violence in a concentrated and organized form. ~Mahatma Gandhi
The executive of the modern state is nothing but a committee for managing the common affairs of the whole bourgeoisie.~Karl Marx

I tend to blame the Feds for Don, actually.
If they'd get it right, we wouldn't need Don pointing out that they'd gotten it wrong.
~ Medievalist
Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:38 AM   #4
backslashbaby
That's really my dog :)

backslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbackslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbackslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbackslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbackslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbackslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbackslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbackslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbackslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbackslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbackslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Dammit, I just got through saying to someone, 'Call me when that actually happens' about the not testifying.

I'll be getting that call for sure. I probably agree with them, though I don't like that.

Did you just Godwin a 4 year old?
-- Celia Cyanide

I've walked these streets in the madhouse, asylum they can be
Where a wild-eyed misfit prophet on a traffic island stopped
And he raved of saving me

Please donate: http://www.karmakrew.com/outreachprograms.asp
backslashbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:45 AM   #5
nighttimer
I Get the Job Done

nighttimer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnighttimer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnighttimer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnighttimer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnighttimer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnighttimer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnighttimer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnighttimer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnighttimer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnighttimer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnighttimer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Breaking News: Hillary Clinton is hospitalized with a blood clot related to a concussion earlier this month, her spokesman said.

Details forthcoming...
“One of the great tragedies of modern education is that most people are not taught to think critically. The majority of the world’s people, those of the West included, are taught to believe rather than to think. It’s much easier to believe than to think. People seldom think seriously about that which we are taught to believe, because we are all creatures of imitation and habit.”

― Haki R. Madhubuti

Unapologetic. Vainglorious. Multifarious. Just Audacious. @The Domino Theory
nighttimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:46 AM   #6
Medievalist
Cultus Gopherus MacAllister
SuperModerator

Medievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttimer View Post
Breaking News: Hillary Clinton is hospitalized with a blood clot related to a concussion earlier this month, her spokesman said.

Details forthcoming...
Shit.

That's potentially awful. I'll be over here thinking good thoughts.

AW Admin
About.Me
AWers On Twitter
Lisa L. Spangenberg
My opinions are my own. | Who else would want them?
Medievalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:57 AM   #7
nighttimer
I Get the Job Done

nighttimer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnighttimer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnighttimer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnighttimer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnighttimer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnighttimer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnighttimer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnighttimer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnighttimer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnighttimer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnighttimer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
All those no class, no decency Republicans who said Hillary Clinton was faking her illness (I'm looking at YOU, Alan West, you repulsive loser!) need to apologize.

I know they won't, but hopefully they will at least STFU!
“One of the great tragedies of modern education is that most people are not taught to think critically. The majority of the world’s people, those of the West included, are taught to believe rather than to think. It’s much easier to believe than to think. People seldom think seriously about that which we are taught to believe, because we are all creatures of imitation and habit.”

― Haki R. Madhubuti

Old 12-31-2012, 04:58 AM   #8
Zoombie
AW Moderator

Zoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Oh no...

Shard Series: Worldshard (being beta'd), Lifeshard (done!), Soulshard (Done!), Peaceshard (43k/80k)

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Old 12-31-2012, 05:57 AM   #9
nighttimer
I Get the Job Done

Here are more details:

Quote:
Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton has been admitted to a New York hospital for treatment of a blood clot, her spokesman said Sunday.

State Department Spokesman Philippe Reines said Clinton had entered the hospital following a medical examination for a concussion she sustained earlier this month.

"In the course of a follow-up exam today, Secretary Clinton's doctors discovered a blood clot had formed, stemming from the concussion she sustained several weeks ago," Reines said in a statement. "She is being treated with anti-coagulants and is at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital so that they can monitor the medication over the next 48 hours."

Reines added, "Her doctors will continue to assess her condition, including other issues associated with her concussion. They will determine if any further action is required."
The possible good news here is a doctor on CNN said that while any blood clot is serious, it's likely the clot is not in Clinton's brain as they would not be giving her blood thinners if that was where it was located.

― Haki R. Madhubuti

Old 12-31-2012, 07:18 AM   #10
Gretad08
just think about it

Gretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Bummer. Not a cool way to ring in the new year. I hope she recovers quickly, and is able to rest. I can't imagine a job like hers offers many opoprtunities to let the mind relax.
Gretad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:32 AM   #11
kuwisdelu
there is always hope

kuwisdelu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskuwisdelu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskuwisdelu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskuwisdelu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskuwisdelu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskuwisdelu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskuwisdelu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskuwisdelu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskuwisdelu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskuwisdelu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskuwisdelu is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hopefully she'll be okay.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:13 AM   #12
William Haskins
Prolix
Absolute Sage

William Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
statement from doctors

Quote:
"In the course of a routine follow-up MRI on Sunday, the scan revealed that a right transverse sinus venous thrombosis had formed. This is a clot in the vein that is situated in the space between the brain and the skull behind the right ear. It did not result in a stroke, or neurological damage. To help dissolve this clot, her medical team began treating the Secretary with blood thinners. She will be released once the medication dose has been established. In all other aspects of her recovery, the Secretary is making excellent progress and we are confident she will make a full recovery. She is in good spirits, engaging with her doctors, her family, and her staff."
William Haskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:53 AM   #13
Zoombie
AW Moderator

Thank the doctors!

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Old 01-01-2013, 05:42 AM   #14
sulong
It's a matter of what is.

sulong has earned our admirationsulong has earned our admirationsulong has earned our admirationsulong has earned our admiration
I'm just happy she had government sponsored health care when she needed it. Good for her.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:00 AM   #15
benbradley
Perspiring Whitey

benbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoombie View Post
Thank the doctors!
Thank Nuclear Magnetic Resonance!

(uh oh, I used the N word...)
Old 01-01-2013, 06:38 AM   #16
Zoombie
AW Moderator

Okay, thank the doctors AND the scientists.

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Old 01-01-2013, 05:33 PM   #17
Manuel Royal
Benefactor Member

Manuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Now, if Allen West has any personal honor left at all ....

Fiction column under my real name: Welcome to Smyrnings ; continued as Spland of the Splost

Six-minute YouTube video produced by SandJack from my short script (NSFW): Make The Baby
Manuel Royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:53 PM   #18
backslashbaby
That's really my dog :)

backslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbackslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbackslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbackslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbackslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbackslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbackslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbackslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbackslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbackslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbackslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
That is terrible!

I know I'm one of the ones who thought it was very unlike Hillary to take a week off, and I was suspicious, but I'm also amazing in my ability to have the worst coincidences happen to me and blow my credibility. Ask my undergrad profs It truly, truly sucks, and I apologize for being skeptical of her.

Did you just Godwin a 4 year old?
-- Celia Cyanide

I've walked these streets in the madhouse, asylum they can be
Where a wild-eyed misfit prophet on a traffic island stopped
And he raved of saving me

Please donate: http://www.karmakrew.com/outreachprograms.asp
backslashbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:26 PM   #19
Monkey
Still here.

Monkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Saw this today and thought I'd mention it here:

Hillary Clinton has topped Gallup's "Most Admired Woman" poll yet again - her seventeenth time, and her eleventh consecutive time. The only woman who comes anywhere close to Hillary's winning record is Eleanor Roosevelt, who won the title thirteen times.

http://www.ketknbc.com/news/obama-cl...ed-people-of-2

She has said before that she will not be running for president. That may well be a wise choice, but she certainly commands a formidable level of respect and support.

This entire album was written and performed by one amazing guy: http://lonneys.bandcamp.com/album/amphantast
Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:47 PM   #20
Gretad08
just think about it

Gretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbradley View Post
Thank Nuclear Magnetic Resonance!

(uh oh, I used the N word...)
You used it wrong...everyone knows it nucular.

Gretad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:49 AM   #21
rugcat
Lost in the Fog

rugcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrugcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrugcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrugcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrugcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrugcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrugcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrugcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrugcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrugcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrugcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hillary Clinton has been released from the hospital.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...rld&id=8939676
Old 01-03-2013, 01:03 AM   #22
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugcat View Post
Hillary Clinton has been released from the hospital.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...rld&id=8939676
That's good news.

Stewie the Chihuey
featuring the lovely and talented

Haggis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:42 AM   #23
nighttimer
I Get the Job Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey View Post
She has said before that she will not be running for president. That may well be a wise choice, but she certainly commands a formidable level of respect and support.
There's no Democrat that comes close to Clinton's poll numbers for 2016. If she wants the nomination, it's going to be tough for anyone to deny her.

However, her age, and now her health, will be used as reasons to rule Clinton out. Her statements that she will not run for president have to be placed in the context of the times. Hillary Clinton knows she's a top contender for the presidency. It would be foolish to squander all the good will and positive polling she is presently enjoying by demonstrating any overt desire for the presidency.

I believe Clinton will take a year off. Maybe two, but by the latter part of 2014, don't be surprised if those whispers of another run by the Secretary of State/former U.S. Senator/former First Lady become louder and louder...

― Haki R. Madhubuti

Old 01-06-2013, 10:51 AM   #24
nighttimer
I Get the Job Done

Fox News found Sec. Clinton's concussion hilarious.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/01...clinton-video/

The always vile John Bolton hasn't changed his position since the blood clot was discovered. Greg Gutfeld of The Five went on the attack against any criticism of their mockery. So everyone does it so we get to do it too, huh? Do these people have any sense of decency? How about a little class?

Quote:
UPDATE: That's what I get when I'm sleep-deprived. The right link is now provided (thanks, folks).

Last edited by nighttimer; 01-07-2013 at 05:50 AM. Reason: New and improved with the right link.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:35 PM   #25
cornflake
practical experience, FTW

cornflake is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscornflake is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscornflake is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscornflake is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscornflake is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscornflake is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscornflake is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscornflake is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscornflake is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscornflake is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscornflake is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Eh, presuming this was as random a confluence of events as it seems, I don't think it'll have any impact on her run.

People with actual health issues have been nominated, in the recent past. This weirdness isn't really a health issue, imo. It could've happened to anyone, at any age.
cornflake is offline   Reply With Quote