Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Pop Culture > Politics & Current Events
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2012, 04:02 AM   #1
kayleamay
I'm on the phone.

kayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Mass Shooting in Portland

From what's being reported so far I'm gathering that a masked person walked into the food court at Clackamas Town Center in Portland and opened fire. So far they are reporting two deaths and multiple injuries. My husband (who was there at this time yesterday) said that he just saw about 20 police cars heading south from the mall on I-205. (He works down the street from the mall). They're still sorting out details, but I'll put the link to the local news below. They're posting live updates.

http://www.katu.com/

(saying a quiet thank you to the universe today that my husband finished his shopping early this year)

Hushpuppy: "When it all goes quiet behind my eyes, I see everything that made me flying around in invisible pieces. When I look too hard it goes away. And when it all goes quiet, I see they are right here. I see that I'm a little piece of a big, big universe and that makes things right. When I die, the scientists of the future, they're gonna find it all. They're gonna know, once there was a Hushpuppy and she lived with her daddy in the bathtub." ~ Beasts of the Southern Wild
kayleamay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:03 AM   #2
Zoombie
Vengeful Crystaline Hawk 45C
AW Moderator

Zoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Ugh. I hope it stays at two deaths and end without any more violence.

Shard Series: Worldshard (being beta'd), Lifeshard (done!), Soulshard (Done!), Peaceshard (43k/80k)

Invasion 2071 (With Editors)

Read my blog: Quantum Spin Plates

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Zoombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:06 AM   #3
kayleamay
I'm on the phone.

kayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Me too. Some of the witnesses are saying they heard so many gunshots that they lost count. Hoping that's not the case.

Hushpuppy: "When it all goes quiet behind my eyes, I see everything that made me flying around in invisible pieces. When I look too hard it goes away. And when it all goes quiet, I see they are right here. I see that I'm a little piece of a big, big universe and that makes things right. When I die, the scientists of the future, they're gonna find it all. They're gonna know, once there was a Hushpuppy and she lived with her daddy in the bathtub." ~ Beasts of the Southern Wild
Old 12-12-2012, 04:12 AM   #4
Zoombie
AW Moderator

Zoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
To be fair...I'd lose count pretty quick if someone started shooting off a gun near me.

Shard Series: Worldshard (being beta'd), Lifeshard (done!), Soulshard (Done!), Peaceshard (43k/80k)

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Old 12-12-2012, 04:15 AM   #5
kayleamay
I'm on the phone.

It kind of sounds like there may have been more than one shooter. They keep scrolling that it's believed that "one" of the shooters is dead but they haven't confirmed that there are others.

Old 12-12-2012, 04:16 AM   #6
kayleamay
I'm on the phone.

And the girl they just interviewed said she hid in the bathroom and heard at least 15 shots.

Old 12-12-2012, 04:25 AM   #7
Zoombie
AW Moderator

I hope he or she was a terrible terrible awful no good shitty shot.

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Old 12-12-2012, 04:56 AM   #8
Ambrosia
Grand Duchess of Spring
AW Poet Laureate

Ambrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I have friends visiting Portland. I just dashed off an email requesting a quick note to let me know they are ok.

Absolutely terrifying. What is it with all the shootings?

I have given in to the Blog Bug. Visit my Duchy here.

"Hmmm .... Duchess after much thought you are clearly the Tribal Sage." Neporsche, Tribal Scribe

"He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past."

-- George Orwell's "1984"

Ambrosia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:07 AM   #9
rugcat
Lost in the Fog

rugcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrugcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrugcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrugcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrugcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrugcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrugcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrugcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrugcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrugcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrugcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoombie View Post
I hope he or she was a terrible terrible awful no good shitty shot.
But that's the beauty of the second amendment. We all have the right to freely obtain and possess an AR-15 semi-automtic assault rifle. (Which, according to reports, is the weapon used.)

With an AR-15, you don't need to be a good shot.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:42 AM   #10
Sydneyd
Aye, ye scurvy dog!

Sydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I just heard about this. Quickly called my family members living in the area. Most were safe at home. My sister was on the way to the mall when she heard about it (probably on her phone while driving :|) Thankful she is okay, but scared and sad for those who weren't.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:41 AM   #11
blacbird
That hairy-handed gent

blacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
One shooter, now dead. Two deceased victims, one other injury. That's the current story.

caw

"Frankly, Toad, I don't give a damn."

-- Gone with the Wind in the Willows
blacbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:44 AM   #12
Johncs
This space for rent

Johncs has a spectacular aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugcat View Post
But that's the beauty of the second amendment.
^ and this the beauty of the first.
Johncs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:45 AM   #13
Komnena
In Honor of Peter Tomich,USS Utah

Komnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I have heard reports that the gun jammed. I don't know how much truth there is in them.

Komnena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:28 AM   #14
Plot Device
A woman said to write like a man.

Plot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
"Crazy finds a way." --Jon Stewart

Be prepared. (Sandy said so.)
Plot Device is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:31 PM   #15
Filigree
Mildly Disturbing

Filigree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Let me guess: the NRA and its mouthpieces will spout off 'Guns don't kill people, people kill people.' You'll never get them to admit that the type of gun involved makes a difference.

I come from a responsible gun-owning family. Common sense says that an assault rifle is really only good for one thing: mass killing.

Fueled by hope and coffee.
Filigree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:23 PM   #16
Don
All Living is Local

Don is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filigree View Post
Let me guess: the NRA and its mouthpieces will spout off 'Guns don't kill people, people kill people.' You'll never get them to admit that the type of gun involved makes a difference.

I come from a responsible gun-owning family. Common sense says that an assault rifle is really only good for one thing: mass killing.
That's why our wise leaders don't allow assault rifles to be sold to the great unwashed. He was carrying an AR-15, which does not provide for fully-automatic or burst mode. It's a semi-automatic. The only way to own an assault rifle in the US is to pay a special tax and have that particular weapon registered.

"Semi-automatic assault rifle," like "government intelligence," is an oxymoron. The two terms are even closely related through the Federal Assault Weapons Ban, wherein FedGov introduced the term "assault weapon" to deliberately conflate assault rifles with more common semi-automatic rifles. "Semi-automatic assault weapon," OTOH, legally defines a group of rifles functionally equivalent to others, yet restricted for for sale in the US primarily due to cosmetic differences. In the real world, "semi-automatic assault weapon" is a null set.

Semi-automatic actions are common in almost all modern rifles, including target and hunting rifles. The only real difference between an AR-15 and most modern rifles is that it's scarier-looking than a wooden-stocked hunting rifle, and has an appropriately scary name associated with the battlefield. "AR-15" and "assault rifle" get a different emotional response than "deer rifle." While some may be equipped with large magazines, that can also be true of other target and hunting rifles.

Not throwing around scare words to make a point strikes me as a basic requirement for responsible gun-owning families, IMO.

And in this case, the type of rifle involved made absolutely no difference. Any target or hunting rifle of an equivalent caliber would have been just as effective.

Economics puts parameters on people’s utopias. ~Peter Boettke
The 'social contract' is to the politician what 'original sin' is to the priest. ~Don
The vision of the helpful and protective state is the most pervasive and counter-productive ideology in the world today. ~Don
The State represents violence in a concentrated and organized form. ~Mahatma Gandhi
The executive of the modern state is nothing but a committee for managing the common affairs of the whole bourgeoisie.~Karl Marx

I tend to blame the Feds for Don, actually.
If they'd get it right, we wouldn't need Don pointing out that they'd gotten it wrong.
~ Medievalist
Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:13 PM   #17
rugcat
Lost in the Fog

rugcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrugcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrugcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrugcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrugcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrugcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrugcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrugcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrugcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrugcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrugcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
The only real difference between an AR-15 and most modern rifles is that it's scarier-looking than a wooden-stocked hunting rifle, and has an appropriately scary name associated with the battlefield.
Yeah, and those high capacity 100 round magazines are unfairly portrayed as scary as well. You can only shoot those hundred rounds as fast as you can pull the trigger.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:16 PM   #18
Maxx
Got the hang of it, here

Maxx leaves trails of profuse coolnessMaxx leaves trails of profuse coolnessMaxx leaves trails of profuse coolnessMaxx leaves trails of profuse coolnessMaxx leaves trails of profuse coolness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
That's why our wise leaders don't allow assault rifles to be sold to the great unwashed. He was carrying an AR-15, which does not provide for fully-automatic or burst mode. It's a semi-automatic.
An assault rifle really is a specific kind of weapon. It's meant to be more easily managed at the shorter ranges that it turned out that people really used their rifles in WWII. Ie it is for doing damage relatively quickly at shorter ranges than standard rifles.

The AR15 is an assault rifle that has been modified to limit its rate of fire. This probably makes it much more dangerous when used by a novice to shoot at people at close range. In full-auto it would be much harder to aim (that mode is militarily useful as suppressive fire, but not much use in blasting a mall full of people who are going to be instantly suppressed or fleeing). About the only effective use for a modfied assault rifle is shooting people at close range. You aren't going to be shooting crowds of deer.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:45 PM   #19
Roger J Carlson
Moderation in All Things
AW Moderator

Roger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
It would be interesting to compare the number of deaths by assault rifles compared to, say, hand guns.
Roger J Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:52 PM   #20
veinglory
volitare nequeo
AW Moderator

veinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger J Carlson View Post
It would be interesting to compare the number of deaths by assault rifles compared to, say, hand guns.
With or without control for total numbers? Because handguns certainly would top the list--being easy to get and to conceal. 14 shooting just this weekend just in Chicago. That doesn't mean I want gang members to have assault rifles instead.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:58 PM   #21
Maxx
Got the hang of it, here

Maxx leaves trails of profuse coolnessMaxx leaves trails of profuse coolnessMaxx leaves trails of profuse coolnessMaxx leaves trails of profuse coolnessMaxx leaves trails of profuse coolness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger J Carlson View Post
You have to be pretty close to somebody to kill them with a hand gun. Chances are there is some specific reason for killing that specific person, plus your motivation would be a bit more focused if you are close enough to kill them -- you won't be doing it just for fun probably. In the world of human interaction there are probably plenty of times this kind of powerful, focused motivation comes up.

On the other hand, killing people with an assault rifle doesn't necessarily commit you to being right there and exposed to the whole event -- which is militarily the point of an assault rifle -- you can get suppressive fire even out of people who are not all that motivated to kill and who are in fact mostly motivated not to expose themselves.

This makes the assault rifle, especially in the semi-auto mod, perfect for killing people you don't know at all and who you actually have no reason at all to kill. Perfect for shooting holiday shoppers -- but really not particularly good for anything else. it doesn't have the range or bullet size for big game. Big game doesn't come in crowds.
It's also not as good as a hand gun for killing at close range (concealment, quickness of aim). The only advantages of a semi-auto mod of an assault rifle are that it allows killing from greater range and with a rate of fire that allows aiming and plenty of shots versus the average shopper.

Last edited by Maxx; 12-12-2012 at 10:01 PM. Reason: as much as good as?
Maxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:06 PM   #22
Xelebes
Delerium ex Ennui

Xelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
Big game doesn't come in crowds.
Caribou?
Xelebes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:18 PM   #23
Roger J Carlson
Moderation in All Things
AW Moderator

Roger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoger J Carlson is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by veinglory View Post
With or without control for total numbers? Because handguns certainly would top the list--being easy to get and to conceal. 14 shooting just this weekend just in Chicago. That doesn't mean I want gang members to have assault rifles instead.
Yeah, I guess that's pretty obvious, but not what I was driving at -- or rather -- groping for.

Quote:
You have to be pretty close to somebody to kill them with a hand gun. Chances are there is some specific reason for killing that specific person, plus your motivation would be a bit more focused if you are close enough to kill them -- you won't be doing it just for fun probably. In the world of human interaction there are probably plenty of times this kind of powerful, focused motivation comes up.

On the other hand, killing people with an assault rifle doesn't necessarily commit you to being right there and exposed to the whole event -- which is militarily the point of an assault rifle -- you can get suppressive fire even out of people who are not all that motivated to kill and who are in fact mostly motivated not to expose themselves.

This makes the assault rifle, especially in the semi-auto mod, perfect for killing people you don't know at all and who you actually have no reason at all to kill. Perfect for shooting holiday shoppers -- but really not particularly good for anything else. it doesn't have the range or bullet size for big game. Big game doesn't come in crowds.
It's also not as good as a hand gun for killing at close range (concealment, quickness of aim). The only advantages of a semi-auto mod of an assault rifle are that it allows killing from greater range and with a rate of fire that allows aiming and plenty of shots versus the average shopper.
I guess what I'm asking is whether as a class, semi-automatic weapons are more deadly than hand guns. That is, is a person intent on a killing spree really more likely to kill more people with an assault rifle than a hand gun? Common sense would say yes, but is that really true? I'm not sure how such a study would be defined.
Roger J Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:23 PM   #24
veinglory
volitare nequeo
AW Moderator

veinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
You have to be pretty close to somebody to kill them with a hand gun. Chances are there is some specific reason for killing that specific person,
If you are in downtown Chicago it seems you can shoot a hand gun wildly and hit an innocent person fairly often.

But I am willing to bet that if you compare like to like, a guy running amok with the number of bullets and muzzle energy of a semi-automatic rifle will kill more people than an identical guy with a hand gun. It's basically asking if you will kill more people with a little stick or a big bat. More bullets with more penetration = more serious wounds.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:39 PM   #25
sulong
It's a matter of what is.

sulong has earned our admirationsulong has earned our admirationsulong has earned our admirationsulong has earned our admiration
ABC news
Quote:
The masked gunman who killed two people in the crowded Clackamas Town Center mall in suburban Portland, Ore., was identified today as Jacob Tyler Roberts.
Roberts, 22, was armed with a stolen AR-15 semi-automatic weapon, Sheriff Craig Roberts told a news conference today. He was not wearing a bullet-proof vest as previously reported.