Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > AW Writing Lab > NaNoWriMo and Beyond
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 12:24 PM   #1
NicoleJLeBoeuf
a work in progress

NicoleJLeBoeuf is a candidate for sainthoodNicoleJLeBoeuf is a candidate for sainthoodNicoleJLeBoeuf is a candidate for sainthoodNicoleJLeBoeuf is a candidate for sainthoodNicoleJLeBoeuf is a candidate for sainthoodNicoleJLeBoeuf is a candidate for sainthoodNicoleJLeBoeuf is a candidate for sainthoodNicoleJLeBoeuf is a candidate for sainthood
Incoming!

Every year, in my last Regional Broadcast, round about December 1 or 2, I point the writers in my region in the direction of some great writing resources. Stuff about editing, stuff about publishing commercially or indie, stuff about avoiding scammers. Stuff.

Absolute Write makes up a large portion of the links in that Regional Broadcast. Because AW is full of teh Awesome.

So... the Boulder Wrimos are on their way! Please make them feel welcome! Which I know y'all are so very good at!

*hugs*

Author, occasionally published. Watch this space for more, or visit the amazing actually writing blog. (It actually writes!)
NicoleJLeBoeuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:44 PM   #2
Cliff Face
Meet Jill, the goth guitar!

Cliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hooray!

I wonder if Mac would give you 2 free rep points per new member you bring in? Finder's fee!
The Anger That Drives Me To Heresy
Cliff Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:40 AM   #3
NicoleJLeBoeuf
a work in progress

NicoleJLeBoeuf is a candidate for sainthoodNicoleJLeBoeuf is a candidate for sainthoodNicoleJLeBoeuf is a candidate for sainthoodNicoleJLeBoeuf is a candidate for sainthoodNicoleJLeBoeuf is a candidate for sainthoodNicoleJLeBoeuf is a candidate for sainthoodNicoleJLeBoeuf is a candidate for sainthoodNicoleJLeBoeuf is a candidate for sainthood
Hee! But how would I count them these days that there's no rep point number on display anymore?

I was just thinking about the "criticisms of Nano" conversation, and how there were a couple posts in there that could make a new AW'er fresh from the NaNoWriMo.org forums feel a little less than welcome... But they were so thoroughly rebutted by everyone else in the thread, including mods, that I don't think there's any danger of misreading the general AW atmosphere.

I just get kinda protective of my peeps sometimes. It's hard to take off the ML hat just because it's December.

Author, occasionally published. Watch this space for more, or visit the amazing actually writing blog. (It actually writes!)
NicoleJLeBoeuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:50 AM   #4
Cliff Face
Meet Jill, the goth guitar!

Cliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Mmm, I understand your concern.

But the vast majority of AW members seem to have arrived at a consensus about most topics that few find objectionable.

The Anger That Drives Me To Heresy
Cliff Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:59 AM   #5
AriAmaru
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

AriAmaru is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleJLeBoeuf View Post
Hee! But how would I count them these days that there's no rep point number on display anymore?

I was just thinking about the "criticisms of Nano" conversation, and how there were a couple posts in there that could make a new AW'er fresh from the NaNoWriMo.org forums feel a little less than welcome... But they were so thoroughly rebutted by everyone else in the thread, including mods, that I don't think there's any danger of misreading the general AW atmosphere.

I just get kinda protective of my peeps sometimes. It's hard to take off the ML hat just because it's December.

Count me as one of the AW newbs fresh from Wrimo who happened upon that thread. I didn't expect to encounter any negativity on these boards until after my first week.

Also, Nicole, I agree with your comments in that post thoroughly. As an instructor to many ESL students, I find that "just because you can doesn't mean you should" attitude all kinds of unpleasant.
AriAmaru is offline   Reply With Quote