Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Office Party
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2012, 10:06 PM   #1
swachski
PumpkinToes

swachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
All I want for Christmas is... AW Books..

Will you help me build my Absolute Write authors book collection? I've glanced through the AW Library, but I would also like personal recommendations. It can be something you've written, something you've read, or something you've been meaning to read. My only criteria are that it's written by a member of AW, and that it's available in print or Kindle. (In other words, no unpublished manuscripts at this time).

I already have the Absolute Visions Anthology and a few others, but I'm looking forward to reading more! And who knows, maybe you'll see something on the list that you would like for Christmas..
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didnít do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. ó Mark Twain
swachski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:54 PM   #2
jjdebenedictis
is watching you via her avatar

jjdebenedictis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjjdebenedictis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjjdebenedictis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjjdebenedictis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjjdebenedictis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjjdebenedictis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjjdebenedictis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjjdebenedictis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjjdebenedictis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjjdebenedictis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjjdebenedictis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I love-love-loved Anne Lyle's book The Alchemist of Souls, and she's got the next one in the series coming out immanently!

It's a nice meaty fantasy with a satisfyingly twisty-turny plot.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:01 PM   #3
alleycat
Be afraid . . .
SuperModerator

alleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
The Night Circus.

alleycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:40 PM   #4
Sophia
AW Moderator

Sophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSophia is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I recommend The Night Circus, too. You might also like to look through the What AWer book are you currently reading? thread for some ideas.
Sophia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:40 AM   #5
Tepelus
Local Cemetery Girl

Tepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdebenedictis View Post
I love-love-loved Anne Lyle's book The Alchemist of Souls, and she's got the next one in the series coming out immanently!

It's a nice meaty fantasy with a satisfyingly twisty-turny plot.
I concur! I'm looking forward to book number two when it comes out in a couple of weeks, though I have a suspicion my mother may be getting it for me for Christmas, so I will have to wait until then to see if my hunch is true.

Cast Your Eyes On The Ocean,
Cast Your Soul To The Sea.
When The Dark Night Seems Endless,
Please Remember Me.

My Blog. You know you want to.
My deviantART page. I draw and photograph, too.
Tepelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:38 AM   #6
Cliff Face
Meet Jill, the goth guitar!

Cliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Mccardey's "Watch Out For Me" is quite good. I'm also a fan of Claudia Gray's "Evernight" series.

Hmm. I haven't read a whole lot of AWer books... I need to rectify that. (I would suggest Absolute Visions to absolutely anyone, but I see you already have that.)
The Anger That Drives Me To Heresy
Cliff Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:45 AM   #7
alleycat
Be afraid . . .
SuperModerator

alleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Lottery.

alleycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:45 AM   #8
swachski
PumpkinToes

swachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Thanks for the suggestions, everybody! I read The Night Circus and absolutely loved it. Looking forward to checking the other ones out. And thanks for the link, Sophia. I knew there had to be a thread like that, just wasn't sure where to find it.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didnít do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. ó Mark Twain
Old 12-03-2012, 04:39 PM   #9
Ol' Fashioned Girl
Irish to my roots & an
AW Moderator

Ol' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
If you or someone you love is in to sci-fi, TM Hunter's series of Aston West space-pirate adventures is really good.

Trish Stewart's 'Taking Lessons from Earnest'...

And for historical and/or a cookbook... see below.

Click us... come on! Click us. You want to. You know you do.
Ol' Fashioned Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:58 PM   #10
regdog
Blessed Samhain
AW Moderator

regdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
If I may shamelessly self promote and you like historical fiction
<<<<A Dog of War

My Blog-Updated on 10/9/14 An Open Letter To Hasbro

Help find Tracey Cooeedownunder's sister is missing
regdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:04 PM   #11
swachski
PumpkinToes

Yours was the first on my list, reg.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:32 PM   #12
Lavern08
When All Else Fails, Lavern It©

Lavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Elo'esh:The Whispers of Angels by Kaylea May

I totally lurved it.

Kylabelle:
Laverning is how I get through the long days... (Don't ask about the long nights, just don't)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiddlywinks View Post

Whoo-hoo! I got Laverned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailD View Post
You haven't lived 'til you've been Laverned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
We've all been Laverned and we love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Rob View Post
Okay! I confess! I was Laverned in the library with the lead pipe!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostposts View Post
I was Laverned in the office with a monogrammed bed pan.
Lavern08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:27 AM   #13
regdog
Blessed Samhain
AW Moderator

regdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by swachski View Post
Yours was the first on my list, reg.

My Blog-Updated on 10/9/14 An Open Letter To Hasbro

Help find Tracey Cooeedownunder's sister is missing
regdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:52 AM   #14
Cliff Face
Meet Jill, the goth guitar!

Cliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
And if you're in the mood for some spicy erotica, there are plenty of great titles by the members who hang out in erotica. There are too many to list here, so if you (or anyone else) are interested, head on over there and ask around.

The Anger That Drives Me To Heresy
Cliff Face is offline   Reply With Quote