Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Pop Culture > Politics & Current Events
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2012, 07:15 PM   #1
acockey
Bronies, Bronies Everywhere

acockey has a spectacular aura
Give me attention!!

This http://gawker.com/5961208/revenge+po...=recirculation

is an article about this revenge troll Hunter Moore, trying to get more of his 15 minutes. Is it me or are there an increase of people who are saying look at me? And an increase of people who are saying "pay me and people will look at you"? What happened to people being okay with just be teacher/doctor/lawyer/ etc. without a spot light

Full disclosure, I do run a moderately successful, in it's own, way podcast. I am partly guilty of this.

Follow-up: Since when do I need a Mommy Blogger to tell me how to be a parent?

Current WIP: V 33000/50,0000 (Alive Again Yay!!!)

New WIP: Phase-Washed Jeans: 5,000/ 80,000 (Once more into the breach of fantasy)

Check me out over at EliteCosplay.com... handle HandyAnimeAndy
acockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:50 PM   #2
mirandashell
I was only joking! Honest!

mirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
There have always been people shouting 'look at me, look at me.' It's part of the human condition. The big change has been the internet. Not only are attention seekers enabled, there are more people with more opportunity to look.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:55 PM   #3
neilfriske
practical experience, FTW

neilfriske is on a distinguished road
I don't know anything about this fellow, but I instantly dislike him.
neilfriske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:57 PM   #4
mirandashell
I was only joking! Honest!

mirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Neil - are you referring to Hunter Moore?
Old 11-29-2012, 08:03 PM   #5
Priene
Out to lunch

Priene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
That lad will end up lynched, sued or in prison. Possibly all three.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:11 PM   #6
acockey

@Priene as I read in the comments section apparently he is protect from legal action because the submitter is the one providing the information on the "revenged" person... but I agree with your sued or dead assesment

New WIP: Phase-Washed Jeans: 5,000/ 80,000 (Once more into the breach of fantasy)

Old 11-29-2012, 10:20 PM   #7
Vince524
Will write for bacon!

Vince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
If I understand, he's posting pictures of people nekkid who did not give permision for the picture to be posted, nor permission for their personal info to be shared. It's someone's ex giving it? How would that allow him to escape liability?

I would imagine, if we're talking about an asshat who is willing to do such a thing to his ex, it's not beyond reason that a picture could get posted that the subject never even consented to being taken. While she's asleep and such.

And why is this buttwad doing this?

Vince524 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:28 PM   #8
acockey

@Vince524 I think you answered your own question with the word buttwad

Old 11-29-2012, 10:30 PM   #9
missesdash
You can't sit with us!

missesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
The worst thing about Hunter Moore is how many girls love him. He has so many groupies and gets more ass than a toilet seat. One of my favorite authors turned out to be following Hunter Moore's twitter and it made me want to throw away all of his books.
missesdash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:57 PM   #10
acockey

@missesdash what if that Author had an auto follow back thing going?

Old 11-29-2012, 11:15 PM   #11
Seraph
You Know We're Gonna Do It Right

Seraph is a shiny, shiny jewelSeraph is a shiny, shiny jewel
Quote:
Originally Posted by missesdash View Post
The worst thing about Hunter Moore is how many girls love him. He has so many groupies and gets more ass than a toilet seat. One of my favorite authors turned out to be following Hunter Moore's twitter and it made me want to throw away all of his books.
Some people watch Game of Thrones and think the Lannisters are the good guys. If people are very authoritarian they're more likely to side with bullies than the bullied, to stay on power's side, regardless whether the power's a douche. This might have something to do with it.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:28 PM   #12
missesdash
You can't sit with us!

missesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by acockey View Post
@missesdash what if that Author had an auto follow back thing going?
He doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
Some people watch Game of Thrones and think the Lannisters are the good guys. If people are very authoritarian they're more likely to side with bullies than the bullied, to stay on power's side, regardless whether the power's a douche. This might have something to do with it.
It's more your average groupie following. Any guy with a lot of attention has groupies, regardless of whether the attention is negative or positive. A lot of them hoped he'd put them up on the website. Others were/are just suckers for unwashed, unapologetically douchey "bad boys."

See Bam Margera.
missesdash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:47 AM   #13
Plot Device
A woman said to write like a man.

Plot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Isn't there already a Hunter Moore thread here in P&CE?? My blood is starting to boil with a familiarity which makes me think I've been down this particular road of P&CE outrage before.

Be prepared. (Sandy said so.)
Plot Device is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:13 AM   #14
Gretad08
just think about it

Gretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
This reminds me of Joe Francis, the Girls Gone Wild guy. My city was graced with his presence just last week, as he showered his douchiness on our courts. Many years ago, they were filming in a local hot spot, and one of the cameramen lifted a girl's shirt. She can be seen trying to pull it down, and saying no, but the footage was included in the video and sold anyway.

She won her lawsuit, but he won't pay. He was an obnoxious twit in court last week, pleading the 5th about a billion times.
Gretad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:19 AM   #15
Celia Cyanide
Joker Groupie

Celia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I can't understand what he's talking about, because he can't write.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzglH...ature=youtu.be

my IMDB page: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2097751/

My decoupage shoes, now on Etsy:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CeliaCyani...shop-info-name
Celia Cyanide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:29 AM   #16
Albedo
beerful symmetry

Albedo has a double-platinum reputationAlbedo has a double-platinum reputationAlbedo has a double-platinum reputationAlbedo has a double-platinum reputationAlbedo has a double-platinum reputationAlbedo has a double-platinum reputationAlbedo has a double-platinum reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilfriske View Post
I don't know anything about this fellow, but I instantly dislike him.
It's the name Hunter, isn't it. Last-names-as-first-names are Never A Good Idea, people.

45,000/80,000
Albedo is online now   Reply With Quote