Happy Thanksgiving JPG

Happy Thanksgiving!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Pop Culture > Movies, TV, and Theater
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2012, 08:06 PM   #1
thekingsguard
Soldier, Scholar, Writer, WebVoyeur

thekingsguard is on a distinguished road
Liz & Dick

Reviewed it by request... it's worse than you could likely concieve. Elizabeth Taylor, rest her beautiful soul, is no doubt spinning in her grave. Lindsey Lohan is at her worst, and the movie really has no plot so to speak... the only thing I can say potively is that the accompanying drinking game got me blitzed. Well, that and the review got me paid, but I digress.

So is anyone else nursing off a hangover from Lifetime's attempts to cash in on the late great Elizabeth Taylor?
Old 11-28-2012, 12:10 AM   #2
Lavern08
When All Else Fails, Lavern ItŠ

Lavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Ehhh,

Can't imagine why Lohan was chosen to portray the beautiful but ill-fated Liz Taylor.

I'll pass.

Kylabelle:
Laverning is how I get through the long days... (Don't ask about the long nights, just don't)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiddlywinks View Post

Whoo-hoo! I got Laverned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailD View Post
You haven't lived 'til you've been Laverned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
We've all been Laverned and we love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Rob View Post
Okay! I confess! I was Laverned in the library with the lead pipe!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostposts View Post
I was Laverned in the office with a monogrammed bed pan.
Lavern08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:20 AM   #3
Perks
delicate #!&@*#! flower

Perks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I swear, I think the paparazzi-based establishment just wants to see if they can drive her off a ledge and the snap pics of her all the way down.
Perks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:29 AM   #4
stormie
storm central

stormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Didn't watch it, won't watch it when it comes to Hulu. From the small bits of trailers I've seen, Lohan's voice isn't even close to Taylor's. Too scratchy.

An Interview

BLOG BLOG BLOG
stormie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:31 AM   #5
backslashbaby
That's really my dog :)

backslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbackslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbackslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbackslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbackslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbackslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbackslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbackslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbackslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbackslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbackslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I saw a few clips. Oh, my. Maybe Lindsay shouldn't play known characters. It doesn't appear to be her thing

Did you just Godwin a 4 year old?
-- Celia Cyanide

I've walked these streets in the madhouse, asylum they can be
Where a wild-eyed misfit prophet on a traffic island stopped
And he raved of saving me

Please donate: http://www.karmakrew.com/outreachprograms.asp
backslashbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:15 AM   #6
CrastersBabies
all hail zombie babies!

CrastersBabies is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCrastersBabies is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCrastersBabies is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCrastersBabies is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCrastersBabies is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCrastersBabies is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCrastersBabies is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCrastersBabies is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I watched it. A trainwreck all the way. Holy cow. The writing and acting was pretty horrendous.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:49 AM   #7
Celia Cyanide
Joker Groupie

Celia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Did James Dean make an appearance?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzglH...ature=youtu.be

my IMDB page: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2097751/

My decoupage shoes, now on Etsy:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CeliaCyani...shop-info-name
Celia Cyanide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:01 AM   #8
CrastersBabies
all hail zombie babies!

CrastersBabies is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCrastersBabies is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCrastersBabies is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCrastersBabies is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCrastersBabies is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCrastersBabies is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCrastersBabies is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCrastersBabies is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Celia, nope, it was pretty much just focused on Liz Taylor and Richard Burton. They started when she was filming Cleopatra.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:08 AM   #9
Bogna
A Scottish Ginger Cat

Bogna has a spectacular auraBogna has a spectacular aura
It was worse than I thought it would be. Even if LiLo's acting had been amazing, the film would have still been trash. The script was awful.
Bogna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:17 AM   #10
CrastersBabies
all hail zombie babies!

Script? It seemed to me that actors just wandered around a studio lot and said, "Oh, hey, there's a movie going on here? I think I'll join in."
Old 11-28-2012, 10:38 AM   #11
Bloo
Roofied by Rylan

Bloo has a spectacular auraBloo has a spectacular aura
I had fun reading Patton Oswalt's tweets re: Liz and Dick

Webpage
Facebook
Twitter
Tumblr
Author Profile
Amazon Page
Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote