Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Pop Culture > Movies, TV, and Theater
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2012, 05:07 AM   #1
Paul
Banned for Trolling

Paul is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPaul is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPaul is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPaul is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPaul is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPaul is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPaul is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPaul is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPaul is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Loopers

This got a 94% rating from rotten tomatoes who i do regard as reliable, with even the Village Voice giving it the thumbs up.

Shocking. Dreadful nonsense.

A standard run-of-the-mill moral dilemma, dragged out for 150 minutes or so.

utter nonsense
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:38 AM   #2
fireluxlou
practical experience, FTW

fireluxlou has a golden reputationfireluxlou has a golden reputationfireluxlou has a golden reputationfireluxlou has a golden reputationfireluxlou has a golden reputationfireluxlou has a golden reputation
Aww I really enjoyed the film. I loved it a lot.
fireluxlou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:39 AM   #3
WillSauger
The Crazy Man in the Sun. Feel me.

WillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I need to see it. Looks interesting.

"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn" -- Alvin Toffler.

"The heights of great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they while their companions slept, were toiling upward in the night" -- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.

Last edited by WillSauger; 11-25-2012 at 05:48 AM.
WillSauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:57 AM   #4
defcon6000
Banned

defcon6000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdefcon6000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdefcon6000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdefcon6000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdefcon6000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdefcon6000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdefcon6000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdefcon6000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdefcon6000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Pretty sure it's Looper, not Loopers. And compared to the other stuff out there, I didn't think it was so bad. Could've used a better ending and less inconsistencies, but still found it enjoyable.

btw, don't we already have a thread on this?
defcon6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:09 PM   #5
TheKoB
Smooth Operator

TheKoB is on a distinguished road
Yeah, the movie was entertaining, especially the not-quite-so-futuristic setting of the movie. Story didn't make too much sense at times, but everything else was interesting enough to keep me hooked.
Also, wasn't anybody else freaked out a bit by the appearence of Joseph-Gordon-Levitt in this movie?
Looks like he underwent plastic surgery or something
TheKoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:35 PM   #6
fireluxlou
practical experience, FTW

fireluxlou has a golden reputationfireluxlou has a golden reputationfireluxlou has a golden reputationfireluxlou has a golden reputationfireluxlou has a golden reputationfireluxlou has a golden reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKoB View Post
Yeah, the movie was entertaining, especially the not-quite-so-futuristic setting of the movie. Story didn't make too much sense at times, but everything else was interesting enough to keep me hooked.
Also, wasn't anybody else freaked out a bit by the appearence of Joseph-Gordon-Levitt in this movie?
Looks like he underwent plastic surgery or something
No it took me awhile to get used to it but I love how great his mannerisms and facial ticks mimicked Bruce, the make up and prosthetic were really realistic.
fireluxlou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:19 PM   #7
Johncs
This space for rent

Johncs has a spectacular aura
Does he ever find the army of the twelve monkeys?

Kidding -- it looks like fun/interesting.
Johncs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:25 PM   #8
K. Taylor
Bah Humbug

K. Taylor is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK. Taylor is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK. Taylor is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK. Taylor is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK. Taylor is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK. Taylor is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK. Taylor is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK. Taylor is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK. Taylor is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK. Taylor is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK. Taylor is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by defcon6000 View Post
btw, don't we already have a thread on this?
Yes we do.

K. Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote