Happy Christmas!

Happy Holidays!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Discussion > Bewares, Recommendations & Background Check
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2012, 08:38 PM   #1
mrsmig
Write. Write. Writey Write Write.

mrsmig has a double-platinum reputationmrsmig has a double-platinum reputationmrsmig has a double-platinum reputationmrsmig has a double-platinum reputationmrsmig has a double-platinum reputationmrsmig has a double-platinum reputationmrsmig has a double-platinum reputation
[Publisher] Hadley Rille Books

Anyone know anything about this publisher?

http://www.hadleyrillebooks.com/titles.html

Some of the covers are just beautiful.

Thanks.

My Website:
www.donnamigliaccio.com

mrsmig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:38 AM   #2
Unimportant
but appreciated anyway...

Unimportant is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUnimportant is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUnimportant is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUnimportant is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUnimportant is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUnimportant is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUnimportant is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUnimportant is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUnimportant is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUnimportant is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUnimportant is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I don't know anything about them, but they list one of their guest editors as Jay Lake, and he's top-notch.
Unimportant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:09 AM   #3
justbishop
Proud Literary Sadist

justbishop is a splendid one to beholdjustbishop is a splendid one to beholdjustbishop is a splendid one to behold
Eric Reynolds and I share a mutual Facebook friend, and he gave me some great advice and even took the time to look at the beginnings of my novella to tell me if he thought my writing had potential at all. Great guy, wish I wrote in the genres they deal with
WIP#1: 52,313/50,000

The Last Three Words: Evernight Teen | Amazon

justbishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:11 AM   #4
Filigree
Mildly Disturbing

Filigree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Anybody who hosts Jay is extra-special in a good way.
Old 11-24-2012, 03:34 AM   #5
astonwest
2 WIP? A glutton for punishment

astonwest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsastonwest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsastonwest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsastonwest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsastonwest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsastonwest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsastonwest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsastonwest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsastonwest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsastonwest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsastonwest is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I've met the owner at several events (conventions/signings) in our region, selling the company's various titles. I haven't looked into the company itself, but he seemed to know his stuff from the times that we've talked. I do believe during our past conversations, he mentioned they utilize print-on-demand for printing books, so I imagine they likely suffer some of the same-old related issues in that regard.

Big Daddy West
Make sure to visit AstonWest.com
I'm also on Facebook and Twitter

Check out my newest novels, Death Brings Victory (the latest Aston West "in-the-series" novel) and The Cure.
astonwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:59 PM   #6
aliceshortcake
Wilde about Oscar

aliceshortcake should run for Presidentaliceshortcake should run for Presidentaliceshortcake should run for Presidentaliceshortcake should run for Presidentaliceshortcake should run for Presidentaliceshortcake should run for President
Quote:
Originally Posted by astonwest View Post
I do believe during our past conversations, he mentioned they utilize print-on-demand for printing books, so I imagine they likely suffer some of the same-old related issues in that regard.
From their website:

Quote:
Wholesale Information
Quote:

Hadley Rille Books titles are available through several distributors including Ingram, Baker & Taylor, Follett, and
more.

Hadley Rille Books titles are also available directly from the Publisher. Please email us for more information, or to
set up an order: contact [at] hadleyrillebooks [dot] com.

All titles are fully returnable, and we offer standard discounts.

Last edited by aliceshortcake; 11-24-2012 at 02:06 PM.
aliceshortcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:21 PM   #7
Polenth
Mushroom

Polenth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPolenth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPolenth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPolenth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPolenth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPolenth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPolenth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPolenth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPolenth is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I've read one of their books. It was properly edited and formatted, so no complaints there. No idea from the writer end of things though.

Website | Blog | Twitter | Goodreads
Sunstruck - Bigfoot Urban Fantasy Novel
Polenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:52 AM   #8
Saanen
Inappropriate Charmer

Saanen is a glorious beacon of lightSaanen is a glorious beacon of light
I had a short story in one of their anthologies several years ago, and I have a friend who's had a book published with them. They edit well, the covers are awesome, and they pay on time.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:56 AM   #9
JaneD
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

JaneD is on a distinguished road
Any updates on Hadley Rille? Their website is very quiet. Is this a bad sign?

My book
The Dark Citadel, first volume of The Green Woman trilogy released October 2013.
JaneD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:53 AM   #10
VanMac
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

VanMac is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneD View Post
Any updates on Hadley Rille? Their website is very quiet. Is this a bad sign?
Queried them earlier this month and they wanted more of my novel, so they're still in action and have given me reason to eat cake.
VanMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:02 AM   #11
triceretops
Super Browser

triceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstriceretops is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Appears niche, with concentration on archeology related to and combined with SF and epic fantasy. Most of the staff seem to be writers--there some smatterings of editorial experience in a few cases.

tri
triceretops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:53 AM   #12
CaoPaux
Mostly Harmless
SuperModerator

CaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Launched a new site this month: http://hrbpress.com/
I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

2013: II2014:
CaoPaux is offline   Reply With Quote