Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Pop Culture > Politics & Current Events
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2012, 11:42 PM   #1
Maxinquaye
That cheeky buggerer

Maxinquaye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaxinquaye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaxinquaye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaxinquaye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaxinquaye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaxinquaye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaxinquaye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaxinquaye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaxinquaye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaxinquaye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaxinquaye is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Woman charged with having sex with a human skeleton

In Sweden there is a special crime called "brott mot griftefriden", or in translation "crime against the peace of the dead/grave". A 37-year old Swedish woman is facing charges for committing this crime after police found a human skeleton in her apartment.

http://www.thelocal.se/44536/20121120/
Quote:
The prosecutor could not explain how the woman had managed to collect almost an entire skeleton, but explained that the human remains had been used in an “unethical” way.

"In the confidential section of the investigation we have material which indicates she used them in sexual situations," the prosecutor told the TT news agency.
I suppose that this is something to bring up what can happen if you don't have the mental fortitude to go into a sex-shop and buy a proper dildo.
The greatest oak was once a little nut who held its ground
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian Barnes
"Yes, of course we were pretentious — what else is youth for?"
----
My blog and site:
Max on Everything
Maxinquaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:53 PM   #2
Kaiser-Kun
!

Kaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Now that's... *sunglasses* ...a real boner.
Kaiser-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:21 AM   #3
missesdash
You can't sit with us!

missesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
It's obviously every dude's dream to continue getting laid postmortem.

God I hope no one ever digs me up to...Jesus.
missesdash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:23 AM   #4
robeiae
AW's Foremost Intellectual (AWFI)

robeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Could be worse. Could be an animal skeleton.

Learning to run, T'ai Chi style--blogging about running and Eastern philosophy
Ponds of Happenstance--blogging about politics, economics, and history
Sailor on the Ponds--tweeting about everything

The Internet doesn't serve enough crow

Breathing during a run: find your center and run from within
More on the Altra Zero Drop shoe
robeiae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:25 AM   #5
mayqueen
practical experience, FTW

mayqueen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmayqueen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmayqueen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmayqueen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmayqueen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmayqueen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmayqueen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmayqueen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmayqueen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
The evidence that the prosecution presented to the press on Tuesday included two CDs labelled “My necrophilia” and “My first experience” which contained a number of document files and pictures. [ ... ] “Some of the photos show a woman licking a skull," Ehrenborg-Staffas told The Local.
I can't tell whether she's just so goth or a big dipshit for taking photos of herself engaging in illegal activities.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:33 AM   #6
crunchyblanket
the Juggernaut of Imperfection

crunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
....do I want to know how such a thing might be possible from a technical perspective?

My short story "When Charlie Sleeps" is in Best British Horror 2014. Buy it. It'll make you happier and sexier.

crunchyblanket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:34 AM   #7
rugcat
Lost in the Fog

rugcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrugcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrugcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrugcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrugcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrugcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrugcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrugcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrugcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrugcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrugcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
A Frenchman was arrested for defiling a corpse. He was shocked.

"I did not know," he explained. (Insert exaggerated french accent) "I just thought she was English."
Old 11-21-2012, 12:38 AM   #8
mayqueen
practical experience, FTW

mayqueen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmayqueen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmayqueen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmayqueen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmayqueen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmayqueen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmayqueen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmayqueen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmayqueen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchyblanket View Post
....do I want to know how such a thing might be possible from a technical perspective?
I thought the same thing. But she used them broadly in "sexual situations." I don't know if that makes the potential mental images more or less scarring.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:43 AM   #9
quickWit
Totally Ninja!

quickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
If he was on top he's my new dead hero for today.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:46 AM   #10
sulong
It's a matter of what is.

sulong has earned our admirationsulong has earned our admirationsulong has earned our admirationsulong has earned our admiration
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugcat View Post
A Frenchman was arrested for defiling a corpse. He was shocked.

"I did not know," he explained. (Insert exaggerated french accent) "I just thought she was English."
Damn it Rugcat, now I got a fit of the giggles.

Didn't expect to read this from you, which made it all the better.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:47 AM   #11
Snowstorm
Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue

Location: Lost in the Wyoming mountains. Don't try to rescue me.
Snowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser-Kun View Post
Now that's... *sunglasses* ...a real boner.
Oh, dude, you're quick!

Blood Atonement, a historical mystery, and Clear and Convincing Evidence, a contemporary mystery

WIP: Blood Atonement, the screenplay!

Blog Twitter Facebook

Snowstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:49 AM   #12
robeiae
AW's Foremost Intellectual (AWFI)

robeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowstorm View Post
Oh, dude, you're quick!
Hence the reason for a skeleton instead of a real boy...

Learning to run, T'ai Chi style--blogging about running and Eastern philosophy
Ponds of Happenstance--blogging about politics, economics, and history
Sailor on the Ponds--tweeting about everything

The Internet doesn't serve enough crow

Breathing during a run: find your center and run from within
More on the Altra Zero Drop shoe
robeiae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:50 AM   #13
Maxinquaye
That cheeky buggerer

Maxinquaye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaxinquaye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaxinquaye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaxinquaye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaxinquaye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaxinquaye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaxinquaye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaxinquaye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaxinquaye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaxinquaye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaxinquaye is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I find it most intriguing that her motivation for this... activity was her keen interest in history.
The greatest oak was once a little nut who held its ground
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian Barnes
"Yes, of course we were pretentious — what else is youth for?"
----
My blog and site:
Max on Everything
Maxinquaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:57 AM   #14
Kaiser-Kun
!

Kaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKaiser-Kun is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowstorm View Post
Oh, dude, you're quick!
That's what she said.
Kaiser-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:58 AM   #15
Snowstorm
Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue

Location: Lost in the Wyoming mountains. Don't try to rescue me.
Snowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser-Kun View Post
That's what she said.
Oh that's too bad ...

Blood Atonement, a historical mystery, and Clear and Convincing Evidence, a contemporary mystery

WIP: Blood Atonement, the screenplay!

Blog Twitter Facebook

Snowstorm is offline   Reply With Quote