Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Pop Culture > Politics & Current Events
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2012, 08:43 AM   #1
Plot Device
A woman said to write like a man.

Plot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
3-yr-old boy's mom gets a $2,500 citation from a cop 'cuz the boy peed in the mom's front yard

Perhaps Don might've preferred the thread title to read "Never Call a Cop: Potty Training Edition."

A little overboard of the officer. I maybe think he was behind in his ticket quota for the month.

http://www.news9.com/story/20010769/...his-front-yard

I also kinda suspect this cop has never had a kid.

Be prepared. (Sandy said so.)

Last edited by Plot Device; 11-20-2012 at 12:23 PM.
Plot Device is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:28 AM   #2
Ergodic Mage
Neophyte Writer

Ergodic Mage is well-respected
Glad to see we are now protected from this most horrendous of crimes. I've woken up from nightmares of 3 year olds peeing on their parents private property.
Ergodic Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:45 AM   #3
Celia Cyanide
Joker Groupie

Celia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I would have thought the kid's mom called the cops herself!

My friend caught her daughter doing this. She ran outside, and said, "Hey! We are not camping!" Her daughter said, "Mommy! That grass was pretending it was a potty!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzglH...ature=youtu.be

my IMDB page: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2097751/

My decoupage shoes, now on Etsy:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CeliaCyani...shop-info-name
Celia Cyanide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:18 PM   #4
Plot Device

Plot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celia Cyanide View Post

My friend caught her daughter doing this. She ran outside, and said, "Hey! We are not camping!" Her daughter said, "Mommy! That grass was pretending it was a potty!"

hmmmmm ..... maybe I should change the thread title a little? (I hate thread titles that are in any way confusing.)

Old 11-20-2012, 02:29 PM   #5
benbradley
Perspiring Whitey

benbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I wonder if this 3-year-old will get on the sex offendors list for this. That has happened to adults who did the same thing.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:07 PM   #6
robeiae
AW's Foremost Intellectual (AWFI)

robeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/lifestyl...en-an-apology/

Quote:
By Tuesday, just two days after the incident, the Wardens were visited by police at their home again, but this time with an apology.

“Yesterday the police chief [Piedmont Police Chief Alex Oblein] stopped by and apologized and said that they were dropping the charges,” Warden said today. “We told him we appreciated him coming and for all his help. He didn’t have to come by the house. That was nice of him to do that.”
There's something else going on here, I'll wager.

Learning to run, T'ai Chi style--blogging about running and Eastern philosophy
Ponds of Happenstance--blogging about politics, economics, and history
Sailor on the Ponds--tweeting about everything

A unanimous SCOTUS smackdown on Presidential power-grabbing...or is it?

Breathing during a run: find your center and run from within
More on the Altra Zero Drop shoe
robeiae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:05 PM   #7
waylander
Who's going for a beer?

waylander is better than ice cream with hot fudgewaylander is better than ice cream with hot fudgewaylander is better than ice cream with hot fudgewaylander is better than ice cream with hot fudgewaylander is better than ice cream with hot fudgewaylander is better than ice cream with hot fudgewaylander is better than ice cream with hot fudge
If you read the comments thread on the original report there is at least one posting that refers to the family concerned as being ' a problem family'. Could be a bit of vindictiveness by individuals who were happy to take the opportunity to cause trouble for the kid's folks.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:19 PM   #8
Pyekett
Understood.

Pyekett has earned our admirationPyekett has earned our admirationPyekett has earned our admirationPyekett has earned our admiration
The officer has since been suspended and then fired.

Like robeiae, I think there's more to the story. One of the news accounts states the officer was parked at the top of their drive "because it's public property," or some wording like that. Watching.

Were I a betting man, I'd split it between 1. Nuisance complaints by neighbors now seeking a specific reason to cite and 2. Some kind of Petraeus-style personal vendetta and/or stalking.

So much never makes it into the papers.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:55 PM   #9
Plot Device

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyekett View Post
Common sense prevails!

Old 11-20-2012, 11:43 PM   #10
Melanie Dawn
Gypsy, wasted from the hips down.

Melanie Dawn has a spectacular auraMelanie Dawn has a spectacular aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbradley View Post
I wonder if this 3-year-old will get on the sex offendors list for this. That has happened to adults who did the same thing.
I wondered the same thing.
Melanie Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:25 AM   #11
Gravity
Seen 'em come, seen 'em go

Location: Once you've heard the truth, everything else is just cheap whiskey.
Gravity is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGravity is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGravity is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGravity is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGravity is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGravity is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGravity is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGravity is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGravity is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGravity is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGravity is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Yeah, you folks might think it's funny, but it's not. Stuff like this first starts as a trickle, and then turns into a flood ...

commercially published: Abyss, Until the Last Dog Dies, When Skylarks Fall, To Skin a Cat, and Last Call

agent Chip MacGregor presently querying: Pitfall

http://www.johnrobinsonbooks.com

http://www.johnrobinsonbooks.com/blog.htm
check out my blog; c'mon, you know you want to.
Gravity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:29 AM   #12
missesdash
You can't sit with us!

missesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmissesdash is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celia Cyanide View Post

It can be really tricky to keep them from doing it too. I've had kids drop their pants in a matter of seconds. They finish peeing before I even make it across the playground.
missesdash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:32 AM   #13
regdog
Kreon Starscream
AW Moderator

regdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Thankfully the right thing was done in this case.

Kid across the street from us peed in the front yard all the time. We never cared.

My Blog-Updated on 7/18/14 Food Allergies

Help find Tracey Cooeedownunder's sister is missing
regdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:18 AM   #14
Monkey
Still here.

Monkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMonkey is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Problem solved, it seems.

This entire album was written and performed by one amazing guy: http://lonneys.bandcamp.com/album/amphantast
Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:32 AM   #15
Gretad08
just think about it

Gretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGretad08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
My nephew went through a phase of running outside naked any chance he got. Sis finally told him "If you go outside naked again the police will come and put you in jail because that's against the rules."

He stopped.
Gretad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:39 PM   #16
regdog
Kreon Starscream
AW Moderator

regdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretad08 View Post
My nephew went through a phase of running outside naked any chance he got. Sis finally told him "If you go outside naked again the police will come and put you in jail because that's against the rules."

He stopped.

Not to derail but

I don't like that form of reprimand. It teaches kids to be afraid of the police.

At that age and even older, if the kid gets separated from their parents they might be too afraid to approach a police officer for help, thinking they could be in trouble. Leaving the child in a more vulnerable situation.

End derail

My Blog-Updated on 7/18/14 Food Allergies

Help find Tracey Cooeedownunder's sister is missing
regdog is offline   Reply With Quote