Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Discussion > Beta Readers, Mentors, and Writing Buddies
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2012, 08:45 PM   #1
eparadysz
practical experience, FTW

eparadysz is a glorious beacon of lighteparadysz is a glorious beacon of lighteparadysz is a glorious beacon of light
YA Beta request, swap welcome

I'm looking for beta readers for my YA…contemporary fantasy? Urban fantasy? Light sci-fi? Anyway, it's YA.

Half-assed description:

Seventeen-year-old Guin has studied for years as an apprentice Weaver, able to open windows into other realities. She and her partner Griffin are ready to set the insular Weaver world on its ear with their impressive client list and growing reputation. At least they were, until Griffin started losing his grip on their reality. Now her mentor wants Guin to write Griffin off and work with a new partner.

Then Guin discovers that his condition isn’t as hopeless as everyone seems to think. Sure, there are risks involved, but she’ll do whatever is necessary to hold on to him. The only problem is, Griffin has other ideas.

It's about 80K, and the first scene in SYW is linked in my sig. Language and content may be upper YA range. Anyone allergic to multiple (2) first-person POVs should pass.

I would be thrilled and honored to swap (I could probably offer the most useful critique for YA, but I'm willing to try almost anything).

Thanks in advance.

It's always darkest before the bottom drops out.

eparadysz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:16 AM   #2
sincerely_anna
figuring it all out

sincerely_anna is on a distinguished road
This sounds fabulous. I'd love to beta read this for you! My credentials (as posted on from another thread): I'm very well read in YA, especially Dystopian stuff. I haven't posted much on here, but I'm a lurker. Also, I've written two unpublished YA novels in the last year which I'm hoping to query come May or June 2013.

I have a YA Dystopian novel that I'm looking for someone to beta come the beginning of January. Would you be interested in swapping? It would be a belated swap; I would give you feedback and you would receive my MS after the new year, but it's a swap nonetheless Let me know.
sincerely_anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:47 AM   #3
eparadysz

eparadysz is a glorious beacon of lighteparadysz is a glorious beacon of lighteparadysz is a glorious beacon of light
PM'd you.

Old 11-21-2012, 01:48 PM   #4
tanyadavies
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

tanyadavies is on a distinguished road
I'd be happy to read this! I'd really like a swap if poss. If you still need someone let me know and we can chat?
thanks
t
Old 11-21-2012, 05:22 PM   #5
eparadysz

Sent you a PM.

Old 11-27-2012, 03:46 AM   #6
adipose
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

adipose is on a distinguished road
I'm new to these forums but I'd love to read this! I read a ton of YA, especially fantasy, sci-fi and dystopian, and I'm also a professional magazine editor. I'm working on a YA fantasy novel as well, and would love to swap, but it's still very much in progress, so if you're interested, perhaps could take a raincheck for a few months from now when it's ready?
adipose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:13 AM   #7
ElectricLights
figuring it all out

ElectricLights is on a distinguished road
Sounds great! I've been away for a while, school and acting kept me busy but I miss writing. I'd be happy to swap. I give a lot of critique type feedback and I pay attention to wording mostly. It's one of the most important things to me. But I do grammar as well. PM me anytime. I just got an IPhone so I'll be around a lot more