Happy Thanksgiving JPG

Happy Thanksgiving!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > Tech Help
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2012, 09:41 AM   #1
simplifye
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

simplifye is on a distinguished road
Can anyone recommend a great ebook app for Andriod phone?

Just recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy SIII, primarily to use it to read ebooks, and also to test my own ebook once it's published. I won't check tablet format, as it's very close to my laptop screen size and I can use epub there to check it.

However, I'm keen to sample ebooks on a phone because it's such a small screen size - but I think the market share for that is huge in ebooks, and so easy to take anywhere.

I came across an ebook app called Aldiko for reading on an Android phone. Can anyone comment on the quality of this app? Any other top picks for ebook reading on phones? Any advice would be greatly appreciated - Thanks!
simplifye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:07 AM   #2
aibrean
Author, Designer, Imaginative Being

aibrean is on a distinguished road
I've used it, but I prefer Kobo (it reads ePub and PDF formats I think...I've only used it on iPad).

WIP - Infiltrate (Holo Book 2) [YA Sci-fi]
Lady From Day won an ADDY for book design!

My website
aibrean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:16 AM   #3
Kitty Pryde
i luv you giant bear statue
AW Moderator

Kitty Pryde is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty Pryde is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty Pryde is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty Pryde is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty Pryde is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty Pryde is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty Pryde is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty Pryde is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty Pryde is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty Pryde is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty Pryde is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I have found Kindle for the Android to be perfectly pleasing. It has mostly the same features as the iPad or PC app does. I discovered that I can read books on my phone in a bar, and that's somehow socially acceptable, even though reading a paper book in a bar is not
Kitty Pryde is offline   Reply With Quote