Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Freelance & Work for Hire > Nonpaying Markets
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2012, 10:41 AM   #1
Imran
Banned for Spamming

Imran is on a distinguished road
Hi-Content Writers

Hi everyone - I found this great forum (thank God for that!). My name is Imran and I'm from Canada but currently residing in Pakistan.

I am working on launching a free bi-monthly (every two months not twice a month) magazine. It was originally only going to be an ad-centric one but I thought why not give the readers something more. I was looking into filler content for the different sections when I found this writers paradise. If you have any tips or guidance, feel free to drop me an email or pm.

FYI the mag sections include:

Shopping & Fashion

Pets & Animals
-Articles
-Directory of local stores

Food & Drink
-Recipes
-Restaurant Reviews
-Directory of telephone numbers.

Travel
-Picture Tours
-Travel Tips
-Stories

Health & Beauty
-Tips
-Articles

Auto Buzz
-Reviews/Specs

Money & Business
-Interviews

Science, Technology & Internet
-Hardware and Software Reviews
-Tech Support (Question/Answers)

Random Writes
-Other stories, articles, interviews, short stories

Kids Corner
-Drawings
-Stories

VZone
-Movie, Game & Book Reviews
-Jokes
-Funny Stories
-Games & Puzzles

VHelp
-Airport Number
-Cab Co. Numbers
-Emergency Numbers
etc.

Also if you guys have any content that you feel can fit in please let me know. Small 150 to 300 word tidbits and Short stories/reviews 500 to 800 words would be great. Please note I cant offer much as right now because the first few issues will be going straight from my pocket with most likely no ads just blank ad spaces.

This isn't supposed to be a marketing post but I guess it just turned out that way
You can call this my super intro.

EDIT: The mag will be called VMAG, unless you guys can think of something better

Last edited by regdog; 11-16-2012 at 03:18 PM. Reason: changed title
Imran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:54 AM   #2
Sol Quince
Don't mind me.

Sol Quince is on a distinguished road
It's great to have you here
Sol Quince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:14 PM   #3
regdog
Boston
AW Moderator

regdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm moving this to NonPaying Markets. If the OP returns with a pay rate then I will switch it to Paying Markets.

My Blog-The Character Assassination of Starscream

Help find Tracey Cooeedownunder's sister is missing
regdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:28 PM   #4
Imran
Banned for Spamming

Thank you for the move.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:32 PM   #5
veinglory
volitare nequeo
AW Moderator

veinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
By 'not ad-centric' do you mean their will be no ads or other monetization?

veinglory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:17 PM   #6
Imran
Banned for Spamming

Quote:
Originally Posted by veinglory View Post
By 'not ad-centric' do you mean their will be no ads or other monetization?
Actually it was only going to contain ads and be distributed freely. However I thought readers should get something extra and since its bi-monthly they would be more likely to keep it if it had useful/interesting content.

Its still going to be free. I plan on having it placed at local cafes and coffee shops, which there are an abundance of as well as have it distributed in posh localities.

I would appreciate it if you guys could let me in on the going rate for small stories around 250 to 300 words. You know like the ones in Readers Digest, funny stories or stuff that has happened to you in real life.

Thanks