Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Pop Culture > Politics & Current Events
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012, 10:24 PM   #1
Jean Marie
calm waters ahead

Jean Marie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJean Marie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJean Marie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJean Marie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJean Marie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJean Marie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJean Marie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJean Marie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJean Marie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJean Marie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJean Marie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Exclamation Non-Perishable Food Donations Desperately Needed

I'm not a huge fan of the Red Cross, mostly b/c the monies don't always go directly to the root of the disaster of the day, as it were. They end up being funneled to recoup the coffers.

What's desperately needed in the Tri-State area is the replenishment of the food banks; they've essentially been depleted. Some of this is due to loss of power from Sandy, and all food items had to be tossed as a result. Other causes are the obvious; the rise in lines for meals due to displacement. There are literally thousands of people who have no home/power as a result of this storm.

If you can Google food banks in NY, NJ & CT and donate directly to them, you guys would be even more awesome than you already are

I myself am going shopping for non-perishables to take to a shelter in Fairfield in a bit who lost all their food.

If you could see the lines, well, you'd think we resided in a 3rd world country

I was so touched by the scenes of the people of LA packing up cartons of food and water to send by Amtrak to their "brethren" in NY, NJ & CT.

Thanks.

To thine own self be true

current WIP (mystery/crime w/ supernatural twist)
Completed at long last

*Thanks, Jo*

Jean Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:53 AM   #2
Ken
and friends . . .

Ken is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
I was so touched by the scenes of the people of LA packing up cartons of food and water to send by Amtrak to their "brethren" in NY, NJ & CT.
... witnessing others helping out those in need lifts my spirits too. "There's hope for humanity yet," is the conclusion I tend to draw, before reverting to my usual, cynical self.
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote