Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > TIO
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2006, 07:33 AM   #26
maestrowork
Fear the Death Ray

maestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
"Squeal like a pig" has a whole new meaning now...

I didn't want to work. It was as simple as that. I distrusted work, disliked it. I thought it was a very bad thing that the human race had unfortunately invented for itself.
-- Agatha Christie

The Pacific Between • A Bunch of Stories
(2006 IPPY Award)

WIP: Beyond the Banyan Tree - draft 9, 125,000 words

Home Page | Blog | Reviews
maestrowork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 07:35 AM   #27
robeiae
AW's Foremost Intellectual (AWFI)

robeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabinscribe
I find it amusing that two chefs turn up in a thread about pinching buns!

(Now I have to stop myself before the "bad pun" streak hits ... we don't knead any more half-baked ideas.)
Ha! You're cookin' now...

(too late!)

Learning to run, T'ai Chi style--blogging about running and Eastern philosophy
Ponds of Happenstance--blogging about politics, economics, and history
Sailor on the Ponds--tweeting about everything

The Internet doesn't serve enough crow

Breathing during a run: find your center and run from within
More on the Altra Zero Drop shoe
robeiae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 07:36 AM   #28
robeiae
AW's Foremost Intellectual (AWFI)

robeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by maestrowork
"Squeal like a pig" has a whole new meaning now...
Especially if you got a purdy mouth...

Learning to run, T'ai Chi style--blogging about running and Eastern philosophy
Ponds of Happenstance--blogging about politics, economics, and history
Sailor on the Ponds--tweeting about everything

The Internet doesn't serve enough crow

Breathing during a run: find your center and run from within
More on the Altra Zero Drop shoe
robeiae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 07:36 AM   #29
Cabinscribe
Often ignored by muses

Cabinscribe is a shiny, shiny jewelCabinscribe is a shiny, shiny jewel
Quote:
Originally Posted by robeiae
Ha! You're cookin' now...

(too late!)
Nah ... just coming to a slow boil!

Cabinscribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 07:37 AM   #30
maestrowork
Fear the Death Ray

maestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Just so the boil is not on the purdy mouth... you'll be fine...

I didn't want to work. It was as simple as that. I distrusted work, disliked it. I thought it was a very bad thing that the human race had unfortunately invented for itself.
-- Agatha Christie

(2006 IPPY Award)

Old 01-19-2006, 07:42 AM   #31
Shwebb
She's the creepy-looking dude
AW Moderator

Shwebb is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShwebb is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShwebb is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShwebb is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShwebb is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShwebb is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShwebb is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShwebb is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShwebb is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShwebb is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShwebb is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Ray, didn't I see your name in a movie about a "Piggie?"

Didn't really look like you, though. *snicker* *lurk*

Sorry 'bout that butt-grabbing business--that does sound a bit scary, actually.

On the converse side, I bet it'd be easy for one of the guys to start a thread called "All Women are Stupid, Disgusting B*tches." It only takes a few idiots to make the whole crowd look bad.

Shwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 07:49 AM   #32
WerenCole
Funny what? Do I amuse you?

WerenCole has a double-platinum reputationWerenCole has a double-platinum reputationWerenCole has a double-platinum reputationWerenCole has a double-platinum reputationWerenCole has a double-platinum reputationWerenCole has a double-platinum reputationWerenCole has a double-platinum reputation
I think that thread would sound more like "All Woman Are Manipulating, Cruel and Vindictive C*nts". . . I actually do not find woman all that disgusting. . . that is why I stalk the bushes waiting for young woman so I can pinch their bottoms and flee in hysterics
Old 01-19-2006, 07:56 AM   #33
poetinahat
SuperModerator

poetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by robeiae
"We"?????????????...
Nose is lookin' a little brown there, son...

See how careful review of others' works can give you insight into your own!

poetinahat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 08:18 AM   #34
DamaNegra
Mexican on the loose!

DamaNegra is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDamaNegra is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDamaNegra is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDamaNegra is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDamaNegra is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDamaNegra is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDamaNegra is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDamaNegra is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDamaNegra is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDamaNegra is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDamaNegra is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Last time someone grabbed my a$$, they recieved a beating (from me). I may look petite and harmless, but I'm not. Since then, no one has even dreamed of repeating the act.

Some men can act so immature and stupid, it makes me mad.

DamaNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 08:24 AM   #35
mkcbunny
Bufflehead

mkcbunny leaves trails of profuse coolnessmkcbunny leaves trails of profuse coolnessmkcbunny leaves trails of profuse coolnessmkcbunny leaves trails of profuse coolnessmkcbunny leaves trails of profuse coolness
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Haskins
call the cops.

of course, the odds are that they will send men, who are, by definition, disgusting pigs.
SN: when calling cops, might wanna leave the word "pigs" out of your rant.
mkcbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 08:28 AM   #36
poetinahat
SuperModerator

poetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Men only?

Pretty divisive comment.

Old 01-19-2006, 08:31 AM   #37
tiny
riding the sun

Location: Southern California between the Desert and the Mountains
tiny is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstiny is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstiny is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstiny is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstiny is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstiny is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstiny is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstiny is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstiny is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstiny is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstiny is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I personally love men.
Old 01-19-2006, 08:38 AM   #38
maestrowork
Fear the Death Ray

To be fair, I've had women grabbing my a$$... I wouldn't call them pigs, though...

-- Agatha Christie

(2006 IPPY Award)

Old 01-19-2006, 09:00 AM   #39
SpookyWriter
Banned

SpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by maestrowork
To be fair, I've had women grabbing my a$$... I wouldn't call them pigs, though...
Uh Ray, did you check for an adams apple...
SpookyWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 09:48 AM   #40
September skies
cloud watching

September skies is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSeptember skies is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSeptember skies is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSeptember skies is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSeptember skies is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSeptember skies is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSeptember skies is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSeptember skies is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSeptember skies is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSeptember skies is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
some men are stupid, disgusting pigs -- but in all fairness, I haven't met very many of them. Overall, I'd say men are O.K. and I kind of like them.
September skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 10:12 AM   #41
Celia Cyanide
Joker Groupie

Celia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCelia Cyanide is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Some dude grabbed my ex-girlfriend's a$$, (while we were still dating) and when she turned around, some other dude had a video camera. Unfortunately, I was not there, and could not smash it. Men aren't all like that though, most are really cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzglH...ature=youtu.be

my IMDB page: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2097751/

My decoupage shoes, now on Etsy:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CeliaCyani...shop-info-name
Celia Cyanide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 10:24 AM   #42
Mike Coombes
Guru

Mike Coombes is well-respected
Quote:
Originally Posted by September skies
some men are stupid, disgusting pigs
Some men are. Some women are.

Maybe you amerikans need to re-appraise your mail system. Mail boxes? Quaint and all, but why?

In the UK we have these rectangular holes in our front doors, covered by a draught-proof flap. When the postie delivers our mail, it lands on the doormat - no need to leave the house.
Old 01-19-2006, 10:34 AM   #43
trumancoyote
My Name is Sweet Thing

trumancoyote is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstrumancoyote is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstrumancoyote is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstrumancoyote is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstrumancoyote is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstrumancoyote is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstrumancoyote is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstrumancoyote is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstrumancoyote is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstrumancoyote is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstrumancoyote is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Did you watch the Golden Globes? Coulda' been worse, sista'.
"I don't understand," Hans Castorp said. "I don't understand how someone can not be a smoker -- why it's like robbing oneself of the best part of life, so to speak, or at least of an absolutely first-rate pleasure."

The Magic Mountain - Thomas Mann (John E. Woods, Trnsl.)
trumancoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 11:04 AM   #44
mdin
The late, the great XThe NavigatorX

mdin is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmdin is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmdin is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmdin is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmdin is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmdin is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmdin is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmdin is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Coombes
In the UK we have these rectangular holes in our front doors, covered by a draught-proof flap. When the postie delivers our mail, it lands on the doormat - no need to leave the house.
Well, we all live on these lush plantations that are a mile from the road, so it would take too much time for the mailmen to trudge all the way to the door to shove thirty AOL cds through that little hole.

My Art
mdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 12:13 PM   #45
watcher
practical experience, FTW

watcher is on a distinguished road
The only thing that occurs to me is a new pair of designer mousetrap shorts. You could market them. It sounds like they'd be a big seller in your area.

http://www.my-spiritual-place.com/
watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 12:43 PM   #46
loquax
I verb nouns adverbly

loquax is a glorious beacon of lightloquax is a glorious beacon of lightloquax is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by XThe NavigatorX
Well, we all live on these lush plantations that are a mile from the road, so it would take too much time for the mailmen to trudge all the way to the door to shove thirty AOL cds through that little hole.
Don't you mean mailpeople, you stupid disgusting bigot?
loquax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 01:29 PM   #47
poetinahat
SuperModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Coombes
Some men are. Some women are.

Maybe you amerikans need to re-appraise your mail system. Mail boxes? Quaint and all, but why?

Travel some. The rest of the world's pretty neat.

One good reason for mail boxes is apartment buildings.

Old 01-19-2006, 01:36 PM   #48
mkcbunny
Bufflehead

mkcbunny leaves trails of profuse coolnessmkcbunny leaves trails of profuse coolnessmkcbunny leaves trails of profuse coolnessmkcbunny leaves trails of profuse coolnessmkcbunny leaves trails of profuse coolness
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetinahat
One good reason for mail boxes is apartment buildings.
That's what I was thinking. But we know out letter carrier by name and there's no way he' grabbin' anyone. And we live in the big city, too. We know our letter carrier, and our UPS man [yes, he's a man], and a coupla FedEx guys [changes too often], and most other the delivery folks. Except DHL; they drop packages and run. I have no idea who delivers for them. Not bad for a "dangerous urban environment."
Old 01-19-2006, 01:37 PM   #49
Optimus
Banned

Optimus has a golden reputationOptimus has a golden reputationOptimus has a golden reputationOptimus has a golden reputationOptimus has a golden reputationOptimus has a golden reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by XThe NavigatorX
Please help me picture this.

Do you live in a busy, urban area? Or is it normal suburban type neighborhood?

You're walking to the mailbox in the dark, and somebody sneaked up behind you, pinched your butt, and ran off cackling into the night? And this is the second time it's happened today?

That's very ...odd.
Does seem rather hard to believe, doesn't it?
Optimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 01:53 PM   #50
mkcbunny
Bufflehead

Of the many men I know, love, and count as friends, only two are pigs. And I still love them. But they do not represent a majority. Why does everything have to be so black-and-white?