Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Pop Culture > Movies, TV, and Theater
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2012, 09:26 PM   #1
Netz
Freshly caught writing bug lives!

Location: The view from my stained glass window suggests by a moonlit lake someplace...
Netz has a golden reputationNetz has a golden reputationNetz has a golden reputationNetz has a golden reputationNetz has a golden reputationNetz has a golden reputation
The Eurovision Song Contest 2012

Anybody going to be watching this later? HarryHoskins started a good thread for last year's programme, so I'm hoping he'll be back again this year to emcee.

Just off to check our Engelbert's entry on Youtube.

...if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches.
- William Goldman, The Princess Bride

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
- Oscar Wilde, Lady Windermere's Fan
Netz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:14 PM   #2
mirandashell
I was only joking! Honest!

mirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Evening!

Me and OH are up for it. Hopefully it will be as funny as last year's
Old 05-26-2012, 10:19 PM   #3
Netz

Location: The view from my stained glass window suggests by a moonlit lake someplace...
Netz has a golden reputationNetz has a golden reputationNetz has a golden reputationNetz has a golden reputationNetz has a golden reputationNetz has a golden reputation
Evening, mirandashell. I was hoping you'd be back too. I'll catch you later for Eurovision - I'm currently watching The Voice whilst reading the Guardian live blog and the BBC POV thread (& keeping an eye on things here too, lol!).

Old 05-26-2012, 10:26 PM   #4
mirandashell

mirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm also watching The Voice. God, it's boring.
Old 05-26-2012, 10:34 PM   #5
Netz

I find reading this aids the entertainment value:-

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-rad...inal-live-blog

Old 05-26-2012, 10:40 PM   #6
mirandashell

I'm watching the cricket highlights. Good day at Trent Bridge today.
Old 05-26-2012, 11:31 PM   #7
Netz

Let's get this started...

Old 05-26-2012, 11:32 PM   #8
mirandashell

It's midnight in Baku! Poor sods will be knackered when it's finished.
Old 05-26-2012, 11:34 PM   #9
mirandashell

And I hope Hump is awake! Poor old fella will be knackered
Old 05-26-2012, 11:36 PM   #10
Netz

Still, he's on first so at least he'll be able to nap for a bit afterwards.

Old 05-26-2012, 11:43 PM   #11
BenPanced
Tonight on Mythbusters

BenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I can't pick up the show where I'm at in the US without an expensive satellite dish. i haz a sad.
Old 05-26-2012, 11:48 PM   #12
Netz

Aw, that's a shame, Ben. We've just had

01 United Kingdom

and now we're on to

02 Hungary

Is there any way you can catch it somehow on the internet? (I'm not sure whether you'll have access to the BBC's iPlayer - it might just be available for people in the UK?

Old 05-26-2012, 11:50 PM   #13
mirandashell

Hump was pretty good! He certainly earned his nap.

Well done, you old pro!
Old 05-26-2012, 11:52 PM   #14
Netz

The Hump did good, and I thought Hungary's entry was quite catchy.

Next up is

03 Albania

This woman has veeeery strange hair - she's made a necklace out of it. How bizarre!

Old 05-26-2012, 11:52 PM   #15
Netz

Oh, gosh, and now she's started wailing!!!

Old 05-26-2012, 11:54 PM   #16
mirandashell

I reckon that dreadlock was glued to her chest....
Old 05-26-2012, 11:55 PM   #17
Netz

Now we have

04 Lithuania

Is the glittery blindfold a fashion statement??

Ah, he's just sung 'Love is blind' so I'm guessing it's representative of the song. O-kaaaay.

Old 05-26-2012, 11:57 PM   #18
mirandashell

I was thinking that.....

Ok, now we're in Europop country
Old 05-26-2012, 11:57 PM   #19
Netz

He reminds me a bit of a young John Barrowman (I think it's the cheeky eyes, now he's got the blindfold off).

Old 05-26-2012, 11:58 PM   #20
Netz

OH MY GOSH - Graham Norton is reading this thread - he just said that about John Barrowman too!!!

(Hi, Graham! )

Old 05-26-2012, 11:58 PM   #21
mirandashell

Dull song.

Could swear I just saw Nicole Kidman. Better check what I'm drinking....
Old 05-26-2012, 11:59 PM   #22
mirandashell

Get him for royalties, Netz!
Old 05-26-2012, 11:59 PM   #23
mirandashell

It's not NK, it's Lyndsey de Paul!
Old 05-27-2012, 12:01 AM   #24
Netz

Lol!

Now it's

05 Bosnia & Herzegovina

Not a very memorable song. Her shoulders look as if they're about to take off.

Old 05-27-2012, 12:02 AM   #25
mirandashell

If that dress was black, she'd be the Wicked Witch of the West.