Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > AW History; Questions and Discussion > Remembrances
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2012, 11:01 PM   #101
auntybug
teh other evil broad

Location: I am destined for greatness. I'm just pacing myself.
auntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsauntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsauntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsauntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsauntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsauntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsauntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsauntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsauntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsauntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsauntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Thanks for posting this on Facebook, Mac, or I would have never known. She was the one constant to beat me to greeting noobs when I was more active. She'll leave a void here for sure. Guess she has somewhere else to be to offer popcorn to the incoming.
auntybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:04 PM   #102
Little Red Barn
haz own threads

Little Red Barn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLittle Red Barn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLittle Red Barn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLittle Red Barn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLittle Red Barn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLittle Red Barn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLittle Red Barn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLittle Red Barn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLittle Red Barn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLittle Red Barn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLittle Red Barn is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Wendy, forever and always you shall be cherished.
hugs
kimmi
Old 04-28-2012, 11:05 PM   #103
Shadow_Ferret
Did I do that?

Shadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Goodbye, Wendy. We'll meet again in that great publishing house in the sky. Love you.

“I love words but I don’t like strange ones. You don’t understand them and they don’t understand you. Old words is like old friends, you know ‘em the minute you see ‘em.” -- Will Rogers

"Blame it on my ADD, baby." -- AWOLNATION
Shadow_Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:11 PM   #104
Honeybug
Working my way up!

Honeybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
CW---as one of the first people to have welcomed me here, I have to thank your family for giving us all an opportunity to say good-bye.

Larissa---having gone through what you are now going through---cherish every second you have together and know your mom is much loved in this AW family! Just look at these responses!!

We shall miss you CactusWendy!! How do you like your popcorn?

http://honeyboudreaux.weebly.com/

There are people who live in a dream world,
There are people who live in reality,
Then, there are those who turn one into the other.
Honeybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:11 PM   #105
AuburnAssassin
Darkly Romantic Curmudgeon

AuburnAssassin is better than ice cream with hot fudgeAuburnAssassin is better than ice cream with hot fudgeAuburnAssassin is better than ice cream with hot fudgeAuburnAssassin is better than ice cream with hot fudgeAuburnAssassin is better than ice cream with hot fudgeAuburnAssassin is better than ice cream with hot fudgeAuburnAssassin is better than ice cream with hot fudge
I'm so saddened to learn this.

By Claire Gillian (Romance):
The P.U.R.E.

Purely Relative

By Lila Shaw (Erotic Romance & Erotica):

All's Fair in Love and War

Vixen and the Pea
Soul of the Succubus
Prometheus Unstitched
Succubus Games
Succubus Steam

Wild West Succubus

COMING LATE 2014: Louder Than Words by Iris St. Clair
(YA)

Claire's Blog | Lila's Blog | Iris's Blog
AuburnAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:17 PM   #106
Hip-Hop-a-potamus
My rhymes are bottomless

Hip-Hop-a-potamus is better than ice cream with hot fudgeHip-Hop-a-potamus is better than ice cream with hot fudgeHip-Hop-a-potamus is better than ice cream with hot fudgeHip-Hop-a-potamus is better than ice cream with hot fudgeHip-Hop-a-potamus is better than ice cream with hot fudgeHip-Hop-a-potamus is better than ice cream with hot fudgeHip-Hop-a-potamus is better than ice cream with hot fudge
Oh Mac and Larissa, thank you for letting us know. Wendy was always a bright spot of sunshine for us when we were newbies.

God speed, honey. Find a nice puffy cloud and send the rest of us rainbows from time to time. We'll miss you.

Hip-Hop-a-potamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:18 PM   #107
Filigree
Mildly Disturbing

Filigree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFiligree is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Oh, Wendy, I will miss you. You welcomed me aboard, and when you found out I was another beader, we had some great discussions. The next pieces I make, I'll make with you in mind, and in honor of your wry love and endless creativity.

Go with ease, friend.

Fueled by hope and coffee.
Filigree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:24 PM   #108
Angie
Sonic Wench.

Angie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I didn't know you very well, CW, but I distinctly remember your kindness, and your unfailing encouragement, both in crits and when welcoming newbies. You will be sorely missed.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:36 PM   #109
Smish
Reads more than she writes.
AW Moderator

Smish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
You've left a permanent mark on our hearts, Wendy. We'll remember you, always.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:36 PM   #110
Tasmin21
Coming July 8th!

Tasmin21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTasmin21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTasmin21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTasmin21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTasmin21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTasmin21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTasmin21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTasmin21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTasmin21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTasmin21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTasmin21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Though lovers be lost, love shall not, and death shall have no dominion. ~Dylan Thomas

Wendy, save us a seat. We'll see you again.
AW2: 5,587/70,000
Tasmin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:41 PM   #111
folkchick
Not a new kid

folkchick has a golden reputationfolkchick has a golden reputationfolkchick has a golden reputationfolkchick has a golden reputationfolkchick has a golden reputationfolkchick has a golden reputation
So sad the hear this. All my heartfelt thoughts go out to you and your family. What a beautiful, generous person you have been!

The Starlights—gritty young adult (querying)

blog & twitter
folkchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:42 PM   #112
Foinah
Smoking Monkey Smart Arse
AW Moderator

Foinah is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFoinah is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFoinah is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFoinah is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFoinah is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFoinah is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFoinah is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFoinah is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFoinah is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFoinah is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFoinah is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Wendy, I wish you peace and and a gentle passing. Know that even though your absence here on Earth will be deeply felt, the stars above will shine a little brighter when you join them and light our way through the darkness of our sorrow.

You are blessed to have so many people with you in spirit as you make the journey. Your kindness and wit made us all smile.

Farewell and blessed be, friend.
Yes...I have an author site! It's keen!
Short stories available for amazon kindle : Support my coffee habit
Smoking Monkeys have all the fun. Yes, yes we do. Smoking Simian Scribbles (pssst, it's a blog)
Foinah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:48 PM   #113
Hummingbird
Pen, Paper, Prepared. ...Write!

Hummingbird is well-respected
CactusWendy, I didn't know you very well but whenever I saw you on the boards you always made me smile. I considered you a great part of this place. Thank you so very much for everything!

Mainly a lurker, flitting from here to there, soaking up information with my long tongue... XD
Hummingbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:51 PM   #114
KatieJ
I think I'm back....

KatieJ is a glorious beacon of lightKatieJ is a glorious beacon of lightKatieJ is a glorious beacon of light
I'm so sorry to hear this - CactusWendy was the first person to welcome me, and I still love to see all the newbie responses to the popcorn question. It was and is such a personal way to welcome people into such a big forum.

She's in my prayers.

KatieJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:56 PM   #115
Maryn
You, too?
AW Moderator

Maryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
This is just the saddest news. Wendy, we're the richer for having known you.

Maryn
Old 04-29-2012, 12:07 AM   #116
AZ_Dawn
AW Addict

AZ_Dawn has earned our admirationAZ_Dawn has earned our admirationAZ_Dawn has earned our admirationAZ_Dawn has earned our admiration
CactusWendy, you've been very friendly to me, and helpful, too. It makes me sad to know you're dying. Goodbye, and may life in Heaven be more wonderful than you ever imagined.

Thank you very much.

Ahoy, I've period pirate names fer ye. Really, they're up on me blog now.
AZ_Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:09 AM   #117
writerterri
It's a dorky day!

writerterri is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswriterterri is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswriterterri is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswriterterri is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswriterterri is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswriterterri is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswriterterri is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswriterterri is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswriterterri is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswriterterri is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswriterterri is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm glad this was posted on FB but sad to read it's CW. Please, Lord God, if there is any way you could touch her body and heal it. Not our will be done but your will be done on earth as is it in Heaven.

I'm not far behind you Wendy, see you there.

To Wendy's family: So sorry.

Check out my etsy shop!
Awesome new stuff just posted! TerriberriOriginals.etsy.com

Now that the hard stuff is out of the way, the easy stuff should be all up hill. TL Wies

The tallest mountain you will ever climb is getting over yourself.

writerterri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:20 AM   #118
cryaegm
Snakecakes

cryaegm is a shiny, shiny jewelcryaegm is a shiny, shiny jewel
I don't want to say goodbye. This sucks hearing someone from AW is dying.

I hope your last moments are the greatest, shared with friends and family. It won't be the same without you, in so many ways.

cryaegm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:35 AM   #119
Misa Buckley
Writer of Weird Love Stories

Misa Buckley has a golden reputationMisa Buckley has a golden reputationMisa Buckley has a golden reputationMisa Buckley has a golden reputationMisa Buckley has a golden reputationMisa Buckley has a golden reputation
Cactuswendy was one of the first to welcome me to AW, with warmth and a sense of humour that made me feel like I'd come home.

Godspeed, dear lady. You will be sorely missed
Old 04-29-2012, 12:50 AM   #120
Debbie
conducting hijinks

Debbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDebbie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Thinking of you.

Big hugs

(Thanks for posting on fb, Mac)
Debbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:14 AM   #121
andreea
Yeeeesss??

andreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Thank you for everything, Wendy. Godspeed, you will be missed.

Nonsense can be found here.
andreea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:27 AM   #122
melaniehoo
And thus we begin the edits

melaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
:::hugs:::::
Old 04-29-2012, 01:36 AM   #123
rhymegirl
Summer Is Back!

rhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Oh my goodness, this is so sad.

I have tears in my eyes as I'm typing this and I don't know what to say. I didn't know she was sick.

Thank you, CactusWendy for being so kind to everyone here on AW.

It Bloggles the Mind
rhymegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:36 AM   #124
MrWrite
On a Classical groove!

Location: There's a classical music concert going on in my head!
MrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Wow. I never really got to know her. My loss I guess. It sounds like she's a wonderful person. I hope she defies the odds and sticks around a few years longer.

My writing blog:
[http://iwritepsychicwitness.wordpres...1/bittersweet/

My health blog:
https://whitmore77.wordpress.com/201...or-the-better/

I tweet: @PsychicWitness
@4paths2wellness

My website: www.4pathstowellness.com
MrWrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:40 AM   #125
Fran
Slate grey mole person

Fran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFran is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFran is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Goodnight, Wendy. Lots of love.
Fran is offline   Reply With Quote