Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > AW History; Questions and Discussion > Remembrances
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2012, 05:08 PM   #51
regdog
Kreon Barricade
AW Moderator

regdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

My Blog-Updated on 10/9/14 An Open Letter To Hasbro

Help find Tracey Cooeedownunder's sister is missing
regdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:15 PM   #52
Cella
I love that you know how to do that

Cella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Wendy's cheerful and upbeat posts are such a staple to the AW community.

I thank her family for letting us know, and pray that they will find peace somehow during this difficult time...

Old 04-28-2012, 05:19 PM   #53
GailD
Plotting the breakthrough...

GailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
You made me feel so welcome here, CW. Thank you. You will forever be remembered by all of us.

New blog - Jumping Genres. (Updated August 14)

GailD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:20 PM   #54
ohthatmomagain
writing, working, weeping, winning

ohthatmomagain is a splendid one to beholdohthatmomagain is a splendid one to beholdohthatmomagain is a splendid one to behold
So sad. I'll be praying for her and her family

Out Now SAINT SLOAN
...every saint as a past...

Twitter: @martieKay

ohthatmomagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:25 PM   #55
Ruth2
Tam, na Koncu Drevoreda

Ruth2 is a candidate for sainthoodRuth2 is a candidate for sainthoodRuth2 is a candidate for sainthoodRuth2 is a candidate for sainthoodRuth2 is a candidate for sainthoodRuth2 is a candidate for sainthoodRuth2 is a candidate for sainthoodRuth2 is a candidate for sainthood
Awwww, poop. (((Hugs))) CW and (((Hugs))) to your family. May your journey be gentle and your popcorn always to your liking.

Screaming into the wind...
Ruth2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:38 PM   #56
thothguard51
A Gentleman of a refined age...

thothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
In the few years I have been here, I have seen members from high schools and colleges come and go. I have seen members announce engagements, marriages, and the birth of their children. I have witnessed many heated debates and enjoyed members sharing their creative process with us. We have rejoiced in other members publishing successes, and held each others hands when the rejections just seem like they will never stop.

But news like this is very, very, hard to take because the members here are like family...

CW will be missed, but hopefully, her spirit will linger with us for a long time...

Currently working on...

From, The Tales of Netherron,
Book 1, A Game of Pawns
Book 2, Pawn takes Queen,
Book 3, Pawn's Gambit,

In the pipeline,
Children of Netherron, follow up trilogy
Guardians of Netherron, prequel trilogy

http://nickanthony51.wordpress.com (on hiatus)

Nick Anthony
thothguard51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:42 PM   #57
icerose
Lost in School Work

icerose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsicerose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsicerose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsicerose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsicerose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsicerose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsicerose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsicerose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsicerose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsicerose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsicerose is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'll miss you Wendy.

I helped write this!!!!http://www.ibnbattuta.tv/
icerose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:01 PM   #58
Trevor Bruhn
practical experience, FTW

Trevor Bruhn is a shiny, shiny jewelTrevor Bruhn is a shiny, shiny jewel
I volunteer at our local indie cinema where I get to ask people, "how do you like your popcorn?"
Whose line is it, anyway? It's WENDY'S, always and forever.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:25 PM   #59
clockwork
In the zone...
SuperModerator

clockwork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclockwork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclockwork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclockwork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclockwork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclockwork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclockwork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclockwork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclockwork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclockwork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclockwork is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
We all love you, Wendy. Wishing you peace.

clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:32 PM   #60
dolores haze
ageing savage

dolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
No words. Just gonna go have a cry instead.
dolores haze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:39 PM   #61
CassandraW
Baby and me

CassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
CactusWendy, thank you for being one of the first to greet me and offer me popcorn. No one can take your place.

Last edited by CassandraW; 04-29-2012 at 02:40 AM.
CassandraW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:39 PM   #62
soapdish
writing

soapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Oh--I had no idea. Wendy always has the kindest things to say to people. And I have been lucky to be on the receiving end of that kindness on more than one occasion. What a very sweet lady, lucky to have her here at AW.

soapdish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:42 PM   #63
Ambrosia
Grand Duchess of Spring
AW Poet Laureate

Ambrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Gentle peace to you, Cactus Wendy.

Sending you and your family gentle, loving thoughts...

I have given in to the Blog Bug. Visit my Duchy here.

"Hmmm .... Duchess after much thought you are clearly the Tribal Sage." Neporsche, Tribal Scribe

"He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past."

-- George Orwell's "1984"

Ambrosia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:50 PM   #64
zanzjan
Hark the hotdog soda olive grape!
AW Moderator

zanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

She welcomed me to AW, and I've watched her welcome any number of newbies since then -- some who've stayed and become a part of the community, some who've just passed through on their way to something else. It's my sincerest hope that wherever CW ends up next, there is a whole host to welcome her, offer her popcorn, and make her one of their own as much as she was one of us.

"It's always wrong of course to say that you can't do this or you can't do that in fiction. You can do anything you can get away with, but nobody has ever gotten away with much." -- Flannery O'Connor
zanzjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:50 PM   #65
JoNightshade
has finally arrived

JoNightshade is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoNightshade is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoNightshade is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoNightshade is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoNightshade is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoNightshade is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoNightshade is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoNightshade is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoNightshade is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoNightshade is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoNightshade is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

s'all I got

Courting Greta has been released into the wide world!
I have also entered the world of self-pubbing with a short story, Christmas in the Californios, 1833.
JoNightshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:52 PM   #66
Ari Meermans
MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
AW Moderator

Ari Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I love the snot out of you, too, Wendy. Your kindness to this newbie was the reason I adopted my signature. It was to remind me how much kindness means and how little it costs.

I'll search for you on the other side--there will still be so much for you to teach me.

It's been an honor, dear girl.

Ari
Ari Meermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:53 PM   #67
KellyAssauer
The Anti-Magdalene

KellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
The popcorn,

and these new moccasins

I will only hold for moments,

but this, I carry forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CACTUSWENDY View Post
A word to the wise, it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others...
Safe passage friend.

Literary & Misfit Writers Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
Sadly, the forum moderator is too deep into his scotch tonight to care.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver King View Post
For Kelly, and others seeking soft asylum.
"It is only the large subjects and the big, sweeping themes that make cheap sentences possible." -Cleo Birdwell

Tears are peanut & helplessness.
KellyAssauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:03 PM   #68
Priene
Out to lunch

Priene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
That's just awful. I don't know what to say.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:21 PM   #69
muse
standing on head, typing one-handed...

muse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Such terrible news. My thoughts and prayers are with CW and her family.
muse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:24 PM   #70
Snowstorm
Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue

Location: Lost in the Wyoming mountains. Don't try to rescue me.
Snowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Oh, I am so sorry. May all the love from AW bring peace for CactusWendy and your family.

Blood Atonement, a historical mystery, and Clear and Convincing Evidence, a contemporary mystery

WIP: Blood Atonement, the screenplay!

Blog Twitter Facebook

Last edited by Snowstorm; 04-28-2012 at 07:46 PM.
Snowstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:25 PM   #71
Jersey Chick
Up all night to get Loki

Jersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

There's nothing more to say...

My books... Go ahead. You know you want to...

My Blog Facebook Twitter and last, but not least, my Website
Jersey Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:31 PM   #72
JayMan
Like Burt Reynolds in Gator

JayMan is a shiny, shiny jewelJayMan is a shiny, shiny jewel
Add my condolences to the many that have already been expressed. I never knew Wendy personally but knew her from reading many of her posts around AW.
JayMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:36 PM   #73
Maxinquaye
That cheeky buggerer

Maxinquaye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaxinquaye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaxinquaye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaxinquaye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaxinquaye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaxinquaye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaxinquaye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaxinquaye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaxinquaye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaxinquaye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaxinquaye is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Oh snap.

You gave me popcorn when I arrived here ages ago. They were good. You've given lots of popcorn over the years. I've seen you, even if we haven't actually spoken much.

If sticking around for another few decades is not an option, then Do go gently into that good night. Farewell, and thank you.
The greatest oak was once a little nut who held its ground
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian Barnes
"Yes, of course we were pretentious — what else is youth for?"
----
My blog and site:
Max on Everything
Maxinquaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:37 PM   #74
thehairymob
If I had a brain I'd still be dumb

thehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudgethehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudgethehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudgethehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudgethehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudgethehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudgethehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudge
She will be missed for the fun she shared and the wisdom she gave.
thehairymob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:40 PM   #75
Vince524
Will write for bacon!

Vince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm not sure what to say. I'm stunned to say the least.

To CW's family, my thoughts & prayers are with you. Remember, all of the love that you've shared is always there within your heart, as therefore, so is she.

Cactus Wendy, you were a wonderful person who managed to touch so many people without even having met them. We'll miss you. Popcorn will never be the same without you.

I just went and checked. Your last post here was in the Hello section. That doesn't surprise anyone who knew you, I'm sure.

God bless you.

Vince524 is offline   Reply With Quote