Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > AW History; Questions and Discussion > Remembrances
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2012, 04:45 AM   #251
alleycat
Grrrrrr. Did I scare you?
SuperModerator

alleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOTSGreg View Post
Wendy, the best words I know are "you were one of us".
Yes.

Sadly missed.

alleycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:47 AM   #252
Rowan
Wielder of the Witchblade

Rowan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRowan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRowan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRowan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRowan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRowan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRowan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRowan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRowan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRowan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRowan is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I haven't been here on a regular basis for quite some time but I do have fond memories of CactusWendy from my early days. She was one of the sweetest and most welcoming members and her kindness will not be forgotten.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Larissa. May your mother find her "Summerland" and be at peace. I wish you and your family well during this difficult time.

"There is something Pagan in me that I cannot shake off. In short, I deny nothing, but doubt everything." - Lord Byron
Old 05-01-2012, 05:04 AM   #253
Lavern08
When All Else Fails, Lavern It©

Lavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Cool

I'm sure Wendy is standing next to St. Peter now...

...she's smiling and handing out bags of Popcorn to the Newbies.

See ya later, sweet tater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailD View Post
You haven't lived 'til you've been Laverned!

Kylabelle: Laverning is how I get through the long days... (Don't ask about the long nights, just don't)
Lavern08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:09 AM   #254
Gravity
Seen 'em come, seen 'em go

Location: Once you've heard the truth, everything else is just cheap whiskey.
Gravity is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGravity is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGravity is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGravity is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGravity is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGravity is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGravity is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGravity is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGravity is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGravity is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGravity is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Wendy was always there with a kind word, a welcoming hand, and a sweet presence.

Go with God, dear lady. May you arrive on a better shore.

commercially published: Abyss, Until the Last Dog Dies, When Skylarks Fall, To Skin a Cat, and Last Call

agent Chip MacGregor presently querying: Pitfall

http://www.johnrobinsonbooks.com

http://www.johnrobinsonbooks.com/blog.htm
check out my blog; c'mon, you know you want to.
Gravity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:14 AM   #255
KTC
THE REASONS - Now Available!

KTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
So sorry to hear of Wendy's passing. She was always so sweet and kind to me. What a lovely person she was...a true testament to kindness. I will miss her friendly presence around AW. )-:
KTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:16 AM   #256
Ketzel
Leaving on the 2:19

Ketzel has earned our admirationKetzel has earned our admirationKetzel has earned our admirationKetzel has earned our admiration
Such sad news. I'll miss you, Wendy. Yours was a rare, kind spirit.
Ketzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:42 AM   #257
Stacia Kane
Girl Detective
AW Moderator

Stacia Kane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStacia Kane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStacia Kane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStacia Kane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStacia Kane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStacia Kane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStacia Kane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStacia Kane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStacia Kane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStacia Kane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStacia Kane is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I've been offline for a bit and have just now seen this.

I wish I hadn't.

Larissa, please accept my sympathies for you and your family, and know that we all loved Wendy, and she will be sorely missed. There were many occasions where I'd scroll through a thread and see her name and avatar and stop, because I knew that if Wendy was saying it, it was worth reading.

She mattered to me. She mattered to all of us. We are better people for having known her, even just online.

WRONG WAYS DOWN available now!

"...in Wrong Ways Down, Kane masterfully peels back layers unseen through Chess' point of view. Through Terrible's eyes, Kane walks readers on a thin line, riding the rough and yet poetic cadence of how he speaks and thinks--and in doing so, she reveals a layer to him, Chess and the underbelly of his world not seen before."

--Lauren Dane, NYT & USA TODAY bestseller
Stacia Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:07 AM   #258
oarsman
Salt water is the cure

oarsman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsoarsman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsoarsman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsoarsman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsoarsman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsoarsman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsoarsman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsoarsman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsoarsman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsoarsman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsoarsman is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
We'll miss you.

Prayers for your family.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:43 AM   #259
WordCount
You don't have coffee? Go away.

WordCount is a shiny, shiny jewelWordCount is a shiny, shiny jewel
Whenever I took the time to greet the newcomers (hardly ever), it would always be nice to see Wendy's comments. She wasn't someone I talked to regularly on AW, but she was someone I'd see from time to time, and was always a friendly face.

You're in my prayers, Wendy. I hope your final hours are peaceful.
WordCount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:47 AM   #260
mscelina
Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you

Location: Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fudz. Not pie. I do not share pie. EVER.
mscelina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmscelina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmscelina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmscelina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmscelina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmscelina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmscelina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmscelina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmscelina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmscelina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmscelina is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I've been thinking about Wendy a lot today, because I saw something in her that I can't identify in many other people and most certainly not in myself. I don't think I'll ever stand around with welcoming bags of popcorn, but I know that every time I see a newbie thread, I will think of Wendy and what she was to every single person within this writers' community.
mscelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:30 AM   #261
clintl
Represent.

clintl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclintl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclintl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclintl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclintl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclintl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclintl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclintl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclintl is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm very sorry to hear of your mother's passing, Larissa. Wendy was a wonderful member of AW, and we're going to miss her very much.
clintl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:35 AM   #262
DL Hegel
Tigress Tyrant
Horror Hounds Dominatrix

Location: I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frelling Dent. I'm Dorothy Gale from Kansas.
DL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
My prayers to Wendy's family, I'm sorry for your loss.

She touched the minds and hearts of many people.

Love you Wendy and as Greg said, "one of us."

dl
DL Hegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:26 PM   #263
cray
thread stalker
SuperModerator

cray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
even with nuances of the internet a good heart has the ability to reveal itself.

rip, wendy.
cray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:29 PM   #264
MrWrite
On a Classical groove!

Location: There's a classical music concert going on in my head!
MrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm sorry for your loss, Larissa. I know what you're going through. I wish I'd taken the time to get to know Cactus Wendy better. But I do know she greeted me when I joined several years ago. I'm sure she's meeting and greeting newbies in heaven now. With a bag of popcorn for each new arrival.

My writing blog:
[http://iwritepsychicwitness.wordpres...1/bittersweet/

My health blog:
https://whitmore77.wordpress.com/201...or-the-better/

I tweet: @PsychicWitness
@4paths2wellness

My website: www.4pathstowellness.com
MrWrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:58 PM   #265
ladyleeona
fluently sarcastic grandma offender

ladyleeona is a splendid one to beholdladyleeona is a splendid one to beholdladyleeona is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavern08 View Post
I'm sure Wendy is standing next to St. Peter now...

...she's smiling and handing out bags of Popcorn to the Newbies.

See ya later, sweet tater.
Popcorn just the way you want it, too.

Vaya con dios, Wendy.

We miss you.

Support equal education for women: #WeAreGirlRising
www.girlrising.com
ladyleeona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:31 PM   #266
wheelwriter
Cicchetti and Wine

wheelwriter should run for Presidentwheelwriter should run for Presidentwheelwriter should run for Presidentwheelwriter should run for Presidentwheelwriter should run for Presidentwheelwriter should run for President
So sad to hear this news. Wendy was a bright light here at AW.
wheelwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:06 PM   #267
Chasing the Horizon
Found the Horizon

Chasing the Horizon is a candidate for sainthoodChasing the Horizon is a candidate for sainthoodChasing the Horizon is a candidate for sainthoodChasing the Horizon is a candidate for sainthoodChasing the Horizon is a candidate for sainthoodChasing the Horizon is a candidate for sainthoodChasing the Horizon is a candidate for sainthoodChasing the Horizon is a candidate for sainthood
Aw, while I didn't really know CactusWendy, like so many I was welcomed to AW by her and have enjoyed reading her posts here over the years.

I'm sure she has received as warm a welcome on the other side as she gave so many of us.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:19 AM   #268
Jess Haines
Boldly going nowhere in particular.

Jess Haines should run for PresidentJess Haines should run for PresidentJess Haines should run for PresidentJess Haines should run for PresidentJess Haines should run for PresidentJess Haines should run for President
Oh no... I didn't know Wendy well, but I have seen her posts, and she seemed like a very lovely person.

Very sad to hear this. My thoughts are with her and her family.

"It doesn't get much better for pure urban fantasy than Jess Haines." --All Things Urban Fantasy

Forsaken by the Others: Coming July 2, 2013
Jess Haines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:53 AM   #269
seaaircarol
Whose Idea Was This?

seaaircarol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseaaircarol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseaaircarol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseaaircarol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseaaircarol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseaaircarol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseaaircarol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseaaircarol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseaaircarol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseaaircarol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseaaircarol is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
So sorry to hear this. Hugs and best wishes to her family.

Storybook Love: A romance novella set at a storybook park.

Something Old, Something New: A short romance set at a storybook park.

www.carolayer.com
seaaircarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:31 AM   #270
bluntforcetrauma
Esquire

bluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by CACTUSWENDY View Post
Hello,
It's Larissa, I would like you thank everyone for the warm thoughts.I never knew this part of my Mothers life. I feel blessed to have glimpsed into it.

My Mom passed last evening,she was surrounded by her 2 children and granddaughter.
She suffered from COPD. I urge anyone who currently smokes to think hard about how you will die. No should have to spend the last moments of their life this way. Priorities and perspectives have been changed. Life is to short to hate. Love and charish every minute with the ones you love. I miss her already!
Thanks for being a great community to my Mommy......
Larissa
You are missed, Wendy--such a permanent fixture at AW, and now you've gone home. I love you.

(Ecclesiastes 9:16)
bluntforcetrauma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:56 AM   #271
Alan Yee
Pride Sheep

Alan Yee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlan Yee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlan Yee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlan Yee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlan Yee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlan Yee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlan Yee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlan Yee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlan Yee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlan Yee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlan Yee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I didn't know Wendy as well as some of the other AWers knew her, but I always liked her and saw her posts all over the place for the past 6-7 years I've been on AW. She was one of those posters you always remembered, not for anything specific, but just because she was always there. It's very hard for me to explain, but she had a very special kind of presence. She was always quick to offer warm thoughts and kind words (and virtual popcorn) whenever anyone needed them. Whenever I was going through a rough patch and needed to vent, she was always there. I didn't know her very well personally, but it was obvious she had a huge heart and cared a lot about her fellow community members. I'll definitely miss her presence on these boards.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:03 AM   #272
Brutal Mustang
Loves interplanetary chaos.

Brutal Mustang leaves trails of profuse coolnessBrutal Mustang leaves trails of profuse coolnessBrutal Mustang leaves trails of profuse coolnessBrutal Mustang leaves trails of profuse coolnessBrutal Mustang leaves trails of profuse coolness
Oh man. It always blew me away how she was in there greeting the steady stream of newbies, day after day, week after week, year after year.

The 'rules' of writing equally constrain you. They force you to build upwards,
and be magnificent, instead of excavating all over the damn dirt with the worms.

Brutal Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:42 AM   #273
Susan Littlefield
Tell it like it Is

Susan Littlefield is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusan Littlefield is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusan Littlefield is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusan Littlefield is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusan Littlefield is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusan Littlefield is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusan Littlefield is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusan Littlefield is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusan Littlefield is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusan Littlefield is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusan Littlefield is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I was so sad to hear about Cactus Wendy. I will never forget out welcoming she was, and how her kindness shone through her postings. And, the popcorn.

Rest in Peace, sweet Wendy.

Please visit my website: http://www.susanlittlefield.blogspot.com/

Susan Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:27 AM   #274
Nateskate
practical experience, FTW

Nateskate is better than ice cream with hot fudgeNateskate is better than ice cream with hot fudgeNateskate is better than ice cream with hot fudgeNateskate is better than ice cream with hot fudgeNateskate is better than ice cream with hot fudgeNateskate is better than ice cream with hot fudgeNateskate is better than ice cream with hot fudge
My heart breaks and I add my prayers.
Nateskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:23 AM   #275
writerterri
It's a dorky day!

writerterri is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswriterterri is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswriterterri is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswriterterri is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswriterterri is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswriterterri is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswriterterri is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswriterterri is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswriterterri is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswriterterri is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswriterterri is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Losing a mom is hard and I'm so sorry. Yes, we all loved her. I had a few intimate conversations with her about our diseases. We both agreed that it wasn't fun but as long as we could have fun it was keeping us sane. And we both agreed that posting at AW had a way with keeping us connected with life. I've always said that AW is more than a writers board, it's a family, a community where love abounds.

This is especially hard for me because I have COPD too but not because of smoking though I did smoke briefly. I got asthma from second hand smoke and air pollution. I was raised the in San Gabriel Valley where the pollution settled and then everyone smoked in my house, grand parents house and my dad's house. Then I went to be a Cosmetology school and the chemicals ruined the lining of my lungs and I now have COPD.

There are no adequate words to describe the suffering from COPD no matter how you get it. One could put themselves in a tight straitjacket and breath from a straw for a week if you get curious though.

Rest, Wendy, and breath. See you!

Check out my etsy shop!
Awesome new stuff just posted! TerriberriOriginals.etsy.com

Now that the hard stuff is out of the way, the easy stuff should be all up hill. TL Wies

The tallest mountain you will ever climb is getting over yourself.

writerterri is offline   Reply With Quote