Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Pop Culture > Movies, TV, and Theater
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2012, 12:46 PM   #26
bettielee
Just a regular Fairy Princess

bettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by regdog View Post
Can't. I've always wondered the same thing myself.
^^this

though I will admit that for some ridiculous reason, I did like Little Nikky. I know. I can't believe it either.

Currently NaNoing: The Heroine from Hampshire - gothic romance maybe... kinda

To edit:
The Vampire Baron - gothic romance - needs editing
Nocturnelle - gothic romance - first draft
The Last Hunter - fantasy - soaking
Endways of the Gods - fantasy mish/mash - might be garbage

To Betas
Dreadlight - Urban Fantasy

Writing Blog: New Years and SHERLOCK LIVES!

Books with Bettielee Blog: taking a break from the bookblog....

Twitter

bettielee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:34 PM   #27
Mr. Anonymous
Just a guy with a pen & a delusion

Mr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr. Anonymous is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I liked him in Funny People and Happy Gilmore. Though I haven't watched Happy Gilmore in years, maybe it won't hold up...

The Paradox of Vertical Flight- Greenwillow
TBA Novel - to be published by Greenwillow
BOOK LAUNCH!! & some thoughts
Mr. Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:20 AM   #28
cmi0616
practical experience, FTW

cmi0616 is a shiny, shiny jewelcmi0616 is a shiny, shiny jewel
Sandler is definitely hit or miss. While I really liked Water Boy, 50 First Dates, and Big Daddy, I found myself at a loss to describe how bad movies like Zohan, Jack and Jill, and even Happy Gilmore, which many say are one of his better films.

His ventures into more dramatic movies have been interesting though. I rather liked Reign Over Me, and I think acting-wise it might be his best performance to date. I thought Funny People had a lot of potential before it dragged on for about an hour longer than it should have. But then again, Punch Drunk Love were excruciatingly unbearable.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:29 AM   #29
Shadow Dragon
the philosophical pegasus

Shadow Dragon leaves trails of profuse coolnessShadow Dragon leaves trails of profuse coolnessShadow Dragon leaves trails of profuse coolnessShadow Dragon leaves trails of profuse coolnessShadow Dragon leaves trails of profuse coolness
I like a lot of his older stuff; Billy Madison, Big Daddy, Fifty First Dates, Happy Gilmore, Waterboy, etc. However, I don't like his serious roles. That type of movie just doesn't work for him.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:51 AM   #30
elindsen
Stop Bullying!

elindsen is better than ice cream with hot fudgeelindsen is better than ice cream with hot fudgeelindsen is better than ice cream with hot fudgeelindsen is better than ice cream with hot fudgeelindsen is better than ice cream with hot fudgeelindsen is better than ice cream with hot fudgeelindsen is better than ice cream with hot fudge
While we're on the topic of Sandler and why, why is he portraid as a sex symbol in so many movies. That I can think of, 50 first dates, Funny people and Zohan. I've heard there are others.

He is not good looking
Library
Site

Anais Morgan
Facebook
Library
Blog

UntitledZombieStory 7,897/25,000

elindsen is online now   Reply With Quote