Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > Bulletin Board
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2012, 07:00 PM   #76
bearilou
DenturePunk writer

bearilou is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbearilou is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbearilou is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbearilou is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbearilou is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbearilou is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbearilou is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbearilou is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbearilou is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbearilou is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbearilou is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyia View Post
Er... N-F, you do have your avatar backed up, don't you?
...oops

well, that's okay. gives me the excuse to look for a new avatar. I was about due for a change.
The first draft is a huge pile of clay that you've laboriously heaped on your table, patting it into a rough shape as you go along. From the second draft onward, you'll cut away chunks, add bits, pat and punch and pinch, until you finally have a gorgeous figure of, oh, Marcus Aurelius. Or a duck. But a damn fine duck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Flibble View Post
write like your face is on fire.
I tweet. Not often, maybe not interestingly, but I tweet.
My sort-of-not-really blog.

AW's Erotic Underground Anthology is here!
bearilou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:04 PM   #77
Bubastes
bananaed

Bubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by night-flyer View Post
*just hopes the thief doesn't get my dragon mixed up with Hello Kitty when she brings mine back*
Don't give the thief any ideas.

It could be worse: instead of Hello Kitty or My Little Pony, she could give you a shmoo.

Blog | Twitter | Facebook

Bubastes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:09 PM   #78
Christine N.
is not the avatar thief

Christine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChristine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChristine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChristine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChristine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChristine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChristine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChristine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChristine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChristine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChristine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Neener neener neener!

I still have mine! (and it's a cover, meaning it's on my computer)

Neener neener!

ETA: D'oh!

Young Adult Fantasy Author

A CURSE OF ASH AND IRON: coming from Strange Chemistry Books, September 2014.

Represented by Jordy Albert of Booker Albert Literary

I tweet

Young Adult Authors You've Never Heard Of

Last edited by Christine N.; 04-01-2012 at 11:22 PM.
Christine N. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:13 PM   #79
Snowstorm
Snow's here!

Location: Lost in the Wyoming mountains. Don't try to rescue me.
Snowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
The next thing ya know they'll be on my lawn!

Gah!

Blood Atonement, a historical mystery, and Clear and Convincing Evidence, a contemporary mystery

WIP: Blood Atonement, the screenplay!

Blog Twitter Facebook

Snowstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:15 PM   #80
night-flyer
One cow, two cows, three...

night-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubastes View Post

It could be worse: instead of Hello Kitty or My Little Pony, she could give you a shmoo.
Can't be any worse than I've already been shmooed by AC...Barney, Rainbow Brite, a demented Easter Bunny, Pink Ponies, Carrot Top (that one really gives me nightmares) etc.

twitter & fb (for a friend)

WIP1- One of Us, SF/Horror
WIP2- Flying with Broken Wings, Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synonym View Post
Just when I think that this thread couldn't possibly get any stranger...it does.

night-flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:16 PM   #81
Bubastes
bananaed

Bubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Can't be any worse than I've already been shmooed by AC...Barney, Rainbow Brite, a demented Easter Bunny, Pink Ponies, Carrot Top (that one really gives me nightmares) etc.
WOW. Who'd you piss off to deserve that? Yikes.

Old 04-01-2012, 07:21 PM   #82
night-flyer

night-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
WOW. Who'd you piss off to deserve that? Yikes.
Harsh right?

I have no idea, I'm always an

I poked at a cat with a stick before he had his morning coffee...

Quote:
Just when I think that this thread couldn't possibly get any stranger...it does.

Old 04-01-2012, 07:21 PM   #83
SaraP
I love some people to death. <3
AW Moderator

SaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:

There is nothing wrong with Pony avatars. And sparkles.

*crosses arms, makes a mean-looking face*

Where this is desire, there is gonna be a flame.
Where there is a flame, someone's bound to get burned.
But just because it burns, doesn't mean you're gonna die -
You gotta get up and try.

P!nk - Try

Life getting you down? Come get a pick-me-up.
SaraP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:22 PM   #84
Snitchcat
Drifting through the clouds

Snitchcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnitchcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnitchcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnitchcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnitchcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnitchcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnitchcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnitchcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnitchcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnitchcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnitchcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hehehe... April Fool's...
Dare you to click:
Snitchcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:23 PM   #85
Bubastes
bananaed

Quote:

I poked at a cat with a stick before he had his morning coffee...
Hey mods, could you turn N-F into a sparkly Edward?

Old 04-01-2012, 07:25 PM   #86
night-flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraP View Post
There is nothing wrong with Pony avatars. And sparkles.

*crosses arms, makes a mean-looking face*
Definitely not!!

Some of my favorite people are sparkly ponies...

Sara.

Quote:

Old 04-01-2012, 07:26 PM   #87
night-flyer

Quote:

Quote:

Old 04-01-2012, 07:27 PM   #88
SaraP
AW Moderator

SaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
HEY! Just because they gave sparkles a bad rep, doesn't mean sparkles are bad!

P!nk - Try

Old 04-01-2012, 07:32 PM   #89
amergina
MY Tiara! MINE!
AW Moderator

amergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hah! Very funny, indeed.

Ah, System 6, my ancient adversary.

And vi as a similar product.

Well played!

And I still have my avatar!

ETA: Well, I *had* my avatar!
Sl0w Wa1tz (M/M paranormal short) from Loose Id

Coming August 19th: Take0ver (M/M contemporary romance) from Berkley InterMix

I have a Website! My Pen Name has a Website! I also Tweet!

Last edited by amergina; 04-01-2012 at 07:45 PM.
amergina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:42 PM   #90
Jersey Chick
Is it hot in here, or it just Hugh?

Jersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
SHMOO!!!

I was shmooed... the nightmares... they are finally going away.

My books... Go ahead. You know you want to...

My Blog Facebook Twitter and last, but not least, my Website
Jersey Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:50 PM   #91
night-flyer

hmm...the mods seem strangely unaffected by this thief.

Quote:

Old 04-01-2012, 07:51 PM   #92
Haggis
No longer green
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
hmm...the mods seem strangely unaffected by this thief.
Purely coincidence, I assure you.
Miss Angel Chihuahua

Haggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:54 PM   #93
Sage
Hero, villain, angel, demon
AW Moderator

Sage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I think that we need to deal with this logically. Who would want to steal your avatars? Let's line up some suspects.

Read the crits! The Beta Project (password: beta)

Love Sucks - now available at Musa Publishing, B&N, and Amazon

"Fireflies" -Absolute Visions

Taylor-Made: Overhaul in progress!

Hero/Villain Series:
Hero/Villain - minor tweaking needed
Master/Puppet - 5566 words
Super/Human - Plotting (832 words)

A Paranormal Bromance - waiting for 2nd revision
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:55 PM   #94
Old Hack
Catching up with the news
SuperModerator

Old Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOld Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOld Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOld Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOld Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOld Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOld Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOld Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOld Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOld Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOld Hack is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
If only it were true.

WHO STOLE MY AVATAR?
Old Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:57 PM   #95
Ari Meermans
MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
AW Moderator

Ari Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Hack View Post
If only it were true.

WHO STOLE MY AVATAR?
That'll larn ya.

The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not "Eureka!" but "That's funny..." - Isaac Asimov

Ari Meermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:01 PM   #96
SaraP
AW Moderator

*clings to avie like crazy*

Do you have *any* idea how hard it was to find a sleuthing, sparkly unipony?

P!nk - Try

Old 04-01-2012, 08:01 PM   #97
Cyia
Rewriting My Destiny

Cyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Gotta say, I'm not liking this year . I can't tell who's posting what with all the avatars the same (visual perception issues). I have to keep changing mine back to find my own posts in the thread.

Cyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:02 PM   #98
night-flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Hack View Post
If only it were true.

WHO STOLE MY AVATAR?
Well, that just blew my theory that the mods are involved right out of the water...

Quote:

Old 04-01-2012, 08:07 PM   #99
Kricket
From the planet Asgosia

Kricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
heh, found it. And I could really use something like that.
Flash: "I See Spot" open for crit
Urban Fantasy Novel: White Crow 3,426/50,000 words

Blog
Letter From CampNaNo

Kricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:18 PM   #100
Cyia
Rewriting My Destiny

Cyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Please - seriously - stop changing my avatar. You have no idea how truly frustrating it is.

Cyia is offline   Reply With Quote