Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > Bulletin Board
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2012, 02:36 PM   #51
Cliff Face
Meet Jill, the goth guitar!

Cliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm pretty sure April Fool's Day doesn't happen until Tuesday...

Keep your eyes open for UFOs.
The Anger That Drives Me To Heresy
Cliff Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 02:51 PM   #52
RichardGarfinkle
I was dead, to begin with
AW Moderator

RichardGarfinkle is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRichardGarfinkle is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRichardGarfinkle is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRichardGarfinkle is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRichardGarfinkle is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRichardGarfinkle is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRichardGarfinkle is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRichardGarfinkle is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRichardGarfinkle is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRichardGarfinkle is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRichardGarfinkle is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Face View Post
I'm pretty sure April Fool's Day doesn't happen until Tuesday...

Keep your eyes open for UFOs.
Unprintable Fooling Opinions?

Overdue Considerations -- my blog

Now on Smashwords
RichardGarfinkle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 02:59 PM   #53
Christine N.
is not the avatar thief

Christine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChristine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChristine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChristine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChristine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChristine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChristine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChristine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChristine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChristine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChristine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*snort*

Found it!

Young Adult Fantasy Author

A CURSE OF ASH AND IRON: Coming Spring 2015 from Curiosity Quills Press

Represented by Jordy Albert of Booker Albert Literary

I tweet

Young Adult Authors You've Never Heard Of
Christine N. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 04:19 PM   #54
SaraP
Daydreaming of love...
AW Moderator

SaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitie View Post
Are we allowed to make bets? I'm guessing ponies. Definitely ponies.
Hey! I happen to like ponies, ok?

It's so easy to laugh
It's so easy to hate

It takes strength to be gentle and kind

The Smiths

Life getting you down? Come get a pick-me-up.
SaraP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 04:20 PM   #55
KellyAssauer
The Anti-Magdalene

KellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*considers going back to bed*

Literary & Misfit Writers Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
Sadly, the forum moderator is too deep into his scotch tonight to care.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver King View Post
For Kelly, and others seeking soft asylum.
"It is only the large subjects and the big, sweeping themes that make cheap sentences possible." -Cleo Birdwell

Tears are peanut & helplessness.
KellyAssauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 04:31 PM   #56
Tepelus
Local Cemetery Girl

Tepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Nothing has happened. I'm disappointed. Have to leave for work, maybe something when I get back?

Cast Your Eyes On The Ocean,
Cast Your Soul To The Sea.
When The Dark Night Seems Endless,
Please Remember Me.

My Blog. You know you want to.
My deviantART page. I draw and photograph, too.
Tepelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:27 PM   #57
Christine N.
is not the avatar thief

Christine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChristine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChristine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChristine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChristine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChristine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChristine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChristine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChristine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChristine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChristine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Um, it's here. You just have to look for it...

I tweet

Old 04-01-2012, 05:30 PM   #58
Bubastes
bananaed

Bubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Ha! Found it! Nicely played, AW.

Website | Twitter
Bubastes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:32 PM   #59
night-flyer
flying around in the pumpkin patch

night-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I haven't found it.

twitter & fb (for a friend)

WIP1- One of Us, SF/Horror
WIP2- Flying with Broken Wings, Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synonym View Post
Just when I think that this thread couldn't possibly get any stranger...it does.

night-flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:45 PM   #60
Christine N.
is not the avatar thief

I also see someone let the Avatar Thief loose...

I tweet

Old 04-01-2012, 05:47 PM   #61
slcboston
Sheepless Horseman

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I see we're aiming for a subtler approach this year....

“People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. ”

Out of work? Stop by the AW Special Unemployment Team
Password: serenity

FleasTwits
slcboston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:18 PM   #62
bearilou
DenturePunk writer

bearilou is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbearilou is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbearilou is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbearilou is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbearilou is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbearilou is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbearilou is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbearilou is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbearilou is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbearilou is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbearilou is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
This?

*waves fins all over the board*

This is why I love this board.

eta: ...heeeey...

still love this board.
The first draft is a huge pile of clay that you've laboriously heaped on your table, patting it into a rough shape as you go along. From the second draft onward, you'll cut away chunks, add bits, pat and punch and pinch, until you finally have a gorgeous figure of, oh, Marcus Aurelius. Or a duck. But a damn fine duck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTC View Post
1) Write like your face is on fire.
I tweet. Not often, maybe not interestingly, but I tweet.
My sort-of-not-really blog.
bearilou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:22 PM   #63
Ari Meermans
MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
AW Moderator

Ari Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAri Meermans is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearilou View Post
eta: ...heeeey...
Ari Meermans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:25 PM   #64
Bubastes
bananaed

Bubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBubastes is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hey, what happened to my oontz-oontzing DJ cat?

Hmph, I'm bummed they didn't use Comic Sans. :pouts:

Website | Twitter
Bubastes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:28 PM   #65
Jersey Chick
Up all night to get Loki

Jersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
What? My Giants logo is still here.

You... you don't... like me...????

ETA: They like me! They really, really like me!!

reppie for anyone old enough to remember who said that.

My books... Go ahead. You know you want to...

My Blog Facebook Twitter and last, but not least, my Website
Jersey Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:44 PM   #66
evilrooster
Wicked chicken
AW Moderator

evilrooster is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsevilrooster is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsevilrooster is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsevilrooster is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsevilrooster is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsevilrooster is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsevilrooster is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsevilrooster is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsevilrooster is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsevilrooster is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsevilrooster is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

'Nuff said.
evilrooster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:45 PM   #67
Adam
Where Brainy goes, I follow.

Adam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAdam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAdam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAdam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAdam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAdam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAdam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAdam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAdam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAdam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAdam is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
CURSE YOU, AVATAR THIEF!!!

*Shakes fist*
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:47 PM   #68
brainstorm77
practical experience, FTW

brainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
brainstorm77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:48 PM   #69
night-flyer

night-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*just hopes the thief doesn't get my dragon mixed up with Hello Kitty when she brings mine back*

Quote:
Just when I think that this thread couldn't possibly get any stranger...it does.

Old 04-01-2012, 06:51 PM   #70
Cyia
Rewriting My Destiny

Cyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by night-flyer View Post
*just hopes the thief doesn't get my dragon mixed up with Hello Kitty when she brings mine back*

Brings you back...

Er... N-F, you do have your avatar backed up, don't you?

Cyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:57 PM   #71
Sage
Hero, villain, angel, demon
AW Moderator

Sage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Offering my services to search out this avatar thief. My usual rate applies, but...because we're friends, I'll only charge you if I find him. Or her.

What? A girl's gotta make enough money to buy herself a pony, doesn't she?

Love Sucks - Musa Publishing, B&N, Amazon
"Fireflies" - Absolute Visions

A Paranormal Bromance: Revising

Super/Human (Hero/Villain 2): NaNoWriMo

This week, I'm in: Connecticut and New Jersey
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:57 PM   #72
TypoToffee

TypoToffee is a shiny, shiny jewelTypoToffee is a shiny, shiny jewel
... waiting for a bloody finger to show up in the mail.... pay up or your Avatar is toast, lady!

Writer of naughtiness and many things wicked
TypoToffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:57 PM   #73
Fenika

Fenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
My poor avatar.

I'm surprised we arent all flying monkeys.

Visit my blog: A walk-through guide to Eastern European castles.

Gardeners of AW, Unite!

Fenika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:58 PM   #74
Marian Perera
starting over

Marian Perera is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMarian Perera is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMarian Perera is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMarian Perera is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMarian Perera is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMarian Perera is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMarian Perera is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMarian Perera is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMarian Perera is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMarian Perera is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMarian Perera is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I forgot to save my avatar.

Iz gone now.

Twitter
Marian Perera is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:58 PM   #75
night-flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyia View Post
Brings you back...

Er... N-F, you do have your avatar backed up, don't you?
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

are they not going to bring it back?!

not really, of course I do. lol.

Quote: