Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Office Party
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 08:54 AM   #5801
bettielee
Just a regular Fairy Princess

bettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
The cone of shame!!!

Poor goggie.

I have nothing else to add.

Currently NaNoing: The Heroine from Hampshire - gothic romance maybe... kinda

To edit:
The Vampire Baron - gothic romance - needs editing
Nocturnelle - gothic romance - first draft
The Last Hunter - fantasy - soaking
Endways of the Gods - fantasy mish/mash - might be garbage

To Betas
Dreadlight - Urban Fantasy

Writing Blog: New Years and SHERLOCK LIVES!

Books with Bettielee Blog: taking a break from the bookblog....

Twitter

Old 05-27-2012, 09:03 AM   #5802
night-flyer
One cow, two cows, three...

night-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'll add pie and coffee to make up for the fairy's lack of adding.

twitter & fb (for a friend)

WIP1- One of Us, SF/Horror
WIP2- Flying with Broken Wings, Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synonym View Post
Just when I think that this thread couldn't possibly get any stranger...it does.

Old 05-27-2012, 09:26 AM   #5803
bettielee

bettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*readies self for pie*

To edit:

To Betas

Twitter

Old 05-27-2012, 02:19 PM   #5804
Purple Rose
practical experience, FTW

Purple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by night-flyer View Post
Aw, the cone of shame. Poor little doggie!
That really what it looks like - cone of shame. Never thought about it until I saw this. Did you make this up n-f? If you did, I like it :-)
Old 05-27-2012, 02:58 PM   #5805
heyjude
Making my own sunshine
AW Moderator

heyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Aw, poor doggie! Our girl had the cone of shame (alternately the cone of silence) after her spay. She did not enjoy.

Morning' house of fun. I hope everyone's Sunday is bright and beautiful and full of chocolate goodness.
Old 05-27-2012, 03:01 PM   #5806
Sydneyd
Aye, ye scurvy dog!

Sydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I threatened my dog with one of those the other day. We went to my parents house, I think she is allergic to grass (eating it) now she has the itchies. I'm giving her salmon oil and hoping for the skin to heal
Old 05-27-2012, 03:05 PM   #5807
alleycat
Hippity-hoppity
AW Moderator

alleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Well, all the celebrities have left the neighborhood. I wish they could have been here for a better purpose, but we don't always get what we want.

Good morning, house of holidays.

Old 05-27-2012, 03:08 PM   #5808
Sydneyd
Aye, ye scurvy dog!

Sydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Lucky for you, all us celebrities are still here!
Old 05-27-2012, 03:10 PM   #5809
alleycat
Hippity-hoppity
AW Moderator

alleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
And not wearing pants!

Could we, uh, like, ask Nicole Kidman to come over for breakfast? I'll behave.

Old 05-27-2012, 03:11 PM   #5810
regdog
Boston
AW Moderator

regdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyjude View Post
On a completely different subject, could anyone give me some etiquette hints on how to politely uninvite someone to a function?

Like, "Sorry, but we all have the typhoid fever"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie View Post
Did you figure out what to say, heyjude? Maybe you can tell them you have so many people coming, you don't have space left and they'll get the hint? Good luck! or offer them cake and say, "Could you eat it at your house?" s 4 all!
This was going to be my suggestion

My Blog-The Character Assassination of Starscream

Help find Tracey Cooeedownunder's sister is missing
Old 05-27-2012, 03:47 PM   #5811
Cliff Face
Meet Jill, the goth guitar!

Cliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Kitty: 1.
Mum's arm: 0.

It's not really a family lunch unless someone bleeds.
The Anger That Drives Me To Heresy
Old 05-27-2012, 03:54 PM   #5812
Cliff Face
Meet Jill, the goth guitar!

Cliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
10 hours is a long time to spend with family, and without coming online at all...

Also, I'm beginning to think playing a complicated card game with grandad is a bit cruel. His mind's not all there, so he gets confused easily. And then mum and nanna get frustrated with him and loudly announce the rules at him like it's his fault.

So yeah, I think it's cruel, but what can you do?
The Anger That Drives Me To Heresy
Old 05-27-2012, 08:19 PM   #5813
Duchessmary
Where I want to be

Duchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Good morning House of Sunday.

Old 05-27-2012, 08:44 PM   #5814
Michael Myers
Oh, puh-leeze.

Michael Myers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMichael Myers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMichael Myers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMichael Myers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMichael Myers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMichael Myers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMichael Myers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMichael Myers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMichael Myers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMichael Myers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMichael Myers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Goooood morning, Mary!

It always comes down to trust.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:05 PM   #5815
Susie
Thanks, special friend for my avi!
AW's Treasured Chocolate Birthday Lady

Susie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
You do know she's referring to a poor innocent kee kat, don't you, Susie?

One who has done nothing but behave all day long.
s Didn't know this. I understand your angst, kee kat.

Hope y'all have a great holiday weekend! It's so confusing where the par-tay is!
Old 05-27-2012, 11:37 PM   #5816
Maryn
You, too?
AW Moderator

Maryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Susie, I always figure the party is anyplace you and I are sitting close. That's right, isn't it?

Maryn, leaning in to whisper something funny
Old 05-28-2012, 12:24 AM   #5817
Sydneyd
Aye, ye scurvy dog!

The party is not here woke up to a "You didn't do this, or this last night!!" text from my boss. The place didn't burn down. I should get a cookie.
Old 05-28-2012, 12:29 AM   #5818
heyjude
Making my own sunshine
AW Moderator

heyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyd View Post
The party is not here woke up to a "You didn't do this, or this last night!!" text from my boss. The place didn't burn down. I should get a cookie.
I'm sorry I laughed. You do deserve a cookie! Your boss is no fun.

Old 05-28-2012, 12:37 AM   #5819
Sydneyd
Aye, ye scurvy dog!

Thanks! I'll dip the cookie in my iced chai!

Anyone doing Camp Nano this June? Cabins have been a assigned!!
Old 05-28-2012, 12:47 AM   #5820
bettielee

Dude. No NaNo Camp for me, I'm editng, and NaNo isn't NaNo unless I'm writing something new.

And Happy Sunday all.

To edit:

To Betas

Twitter

Old 05-28-2012, 01:05 AM   #5821
alleycat
Hippity-hoppity
AW Moderator

Good afternoon, cookies.

Old 05-28-2012, 01:09 AM   #5822
Sydneyd
Aye, ye scurvy dog!

Mmmmm Cookies!!

Nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom
Old 05-28-2012, 01:12 AM   #5823
alleycat
Hippity-hoppity
AW Moderator

I have oatmeal raisin and chocolate chip.

Old 05-28-2012, 02:08 AM   #5824
Duchessmary
Where I want to be

Duchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I haz Hershey's chocolate drops.

Old 05-28-2012, 02:30 AM   #5825
Sydneyd
Aye, ye scurvy dog!

I wanted to watch Dawson's Creek, but my Netflix refused to stream it, so I am watching a series of TED talks instead. Math is magic!