Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Office Party
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 03:33 AM   #5726
Cliff Face
Meet Jill, the goth guitar!

Cliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Ugh. Puppy is sick.

2 days in a row she's thrown up... When mum gets up I'll have to tell her to take the puppy to the vet.

I hate vomit so much. Makes me want to throw up as well. Ugh. >.<
The Anger That Drives Me To Heresy
Old 05-26-2012, 03:39 AM   #5727
Sydneyd
Aye, ye scurvy dog!

Sydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm sorry Cliff I hope there isn't something seriously wrong with the pup. The trick to cleaning it is holding your breath and pretend it is something else
Old 05-26-2012, 03:40 AM   #5728
heyjude
Making my own sunshine
AW Moderator

heyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Oh no, Cliff! Hope the puppy's okay.

Stlight... ::snerk::
Old 05-26-2012, 03:57 AM   #5729
Cliff Face

Cliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Thanks. She seems fine now... Lots of energy, all over me when I was patting her...

Still a good idea to take her to the vet's, though.

And yeah, cleaning it up... I do it in stages. Like, "2 thick paper towels swiped over general area, eww gross, deposit paper in bag, stand up and walk to other side of room to breathe and stop gagging, go back to it, repeat."

Silly puppy. Doesn't she know that vomit goes in the toilet?
Old 05-26-2012, 04:25 AM   #5730
Duchessmary
Where I want to be

Duchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

Great way to start the weekend Cliff.

Old 05-26-2012, 05:44 AM   #5731
kenthepen
practical experience, FTW

kenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Talking

One of our cats just yakked up a hairball on the couch. Maybe it's some kind of global animal rebellion conspiracy.

Severe allergic reaction to the slightest traces of reality

Kenneth Folta available on Smashwords
Old 05-26-2012, 05:54 AM   #5732
alleycat
Pretty butterfly. I'll kill it.
AW Moderator

alleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Good evening, house of fun and hairballs.

Old 05-26-2012, 05:56 AM   #5733
kenthepen

kenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Yeah, fine. For YOU they're synonymous.

Old 05-26-2012, 05:59 AM   #5734
alleycat
AW Moderator

alleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
DGD #1 and a friend after a chocolate fight.

Don't look, Grandma Susie! They were wasting chocolate.

Old 05-26-2012, 06:01 AM   #5735
kenthepen

*sniffs, unimpressed*

Not much of a fight.

Old 05-26-2012, 06:03 AM   #5736
Duchessmary
Where I want to be

Duchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Wasting chocolate??? Get them to the dungeon!!!

Old 05-26-2012, 06:13 AM   #5737
Cliff Face

Don't worry, Ken. I'm sure they got even more chocolate on them in Round 2.
Old 05-26-2012, 06:30 AM   #5738
alleycat
AW Moderator

As long as they're not throwing it at me I'm okay with it.

Don't ever agreed to play water balloon fight with them. The sneaky things have been known to freeze the water balloons beforehand.

Old 05-26-2012, 06:47 AM   #5739
Cliff Face

I saw a birthday card once with a kid laying on the grass unconscious. The caption said, "Thus began the new rule that you shouldn't freeze your water balloons."

Old 05-26-2012, 09:37 AM   #5740
Cliff Face

I have now done grocery shopping.

So we're having a family lunch tomorrow. There'll be 5 of us. So we decided to buy lunch in advance, right?

A whole chicken, 12 bread rolls, vegetables, a large quiche, a big tub of ice cream, a cheesecake, pasta salad and coleslaw, 3 1.25L soft drinks, 2 2.4L juices.

*headdesk* We're gonna have soooo many leftovers! Quick, send Funners and Floozies to finish the job!
Old 05-26-2012, 09:38 AM   #5741
Cliff Face

This is precisely why mum shouldn't shop when she's hungry. I, the voice of reason, had bought lunch at the bakery before going into the supermarket.

I actually talked her out of buying even more stuff for lunch tomorrow.
Old 05-26-2012, 09:48 AM   #5742
Sydneyd
Aye, ye scurvy dog!

Sydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
When are leftovers ever a bad thing??
Old 05-26-2012, 09:51 AM   #5743
Susie
Thanks, special friend for my avi!
AW's Treasured Chocolate Birthday Lady

Susie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
hey all, hope puppy gets all bettah, Cliff! I lurve leftovers, specially howie's meatloaf. Nom. Happy night! s!
Old 05-26-2012, 09:52 AM   #5744
Cliff Face

Well... I don't like reheating things, so there's that, and then half the time, there're so many leftovers of fresh foods that they go bad before you can eat them.

I'm not a leftover person.

Maybe I'm just anal, but I like to have *just* the right amount of food for an occasion.

Yup, definitely anal.
Old 05-26-2012, 09:53 AM   #5745
Cliff Face

Thanks Susie. The puppy seems better.

Then again, she's been throwing up overnight, so I don't know quite what's going on... But she seems her usual self, so it probably isn't that bad.
Old 05-26-2012, 10:42 AM   #5746
alleycat
AW Moderator

I'm behaving.

Old 05-26-2012, 10:54 AM   #5747
Cliff Face

Funny story:

Mum has 2 visitors here right now. 1 is a guy I know, I've met him a few times. The other is some woman. I have no idea who she is.

When I opened the door for them, she acted like she knew me, and we've now had 2 conversations, just me and her, where it seems she has met me before. But I have no clue who she is.

So during those conversations, I'm asking questions that might sound like I know who she is, but don't require any specifics.

What would be funny is if neither of us had met before, and we were both just too polite to say anything.
Old 05-26-2012, 11:11 AM   #5748
night-flyer
One cow, two cows, three...

night-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
aw, I want to hug and drag around the kitteh and name him George.

twitter & fb (for a friend)

WIP1- One of Us, SF/Horror
WIP2- Flying with Broken Wings, Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synonym View Post
Just when I think that this thread couldn't possibly get any stranger...it does.

Old 05-26-2012, 11:12 AM   #5749
night-flyer
One cow, two cows, three...

night-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Face View Post
Funny story:

Mum has 2 visitors here right now. 1 is a guy I know, I've met him a few times. The other is some woman. I have no idea who she is.

When I opened the door for them, she acted like she knew me, and we've now had 2 conversations, just me and her, where it seems she has met me before. But I have no clue who she is.

So during those conversations, I'm asking questions that might sound like I know who she is, but don't require any specifics.

What would be funny is if neither of us had met before, and we were both just too polite to say anything.

twitter & fb (for a friend)

WIP1- One of Us, SF/Horror
WIP2- Flying with Broken Wings, Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synonym View Post
Just when I think that this thread couldn't possibly get any stranger...it does.

Old 05-26-2012, 11:14 AM   #5750
bettielee
Just a regular Fairy Princess

bettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Face View Post
I have now done grocery shopping.

So we're having a family lunch tomorrow. There'll be 5 of us. So we decided to buy lunch in advance, right?

A whole chicken, 12 bread rolls, vegetables, a large quiche, a big tub of ice cream, a cheesecake, pasta salad and coleslaw, 3 1.25L soft drinks, 2 2.4L juices.

*headdesk* We're gonna have soooo many leftovers! Quick, send Funners and Floozies to finish the job!
dude... do not invite us over there before the festivities....

Currently NaNoing: The Heroine from Hampshire - gothic romance maybe... kinda

To edit:
The Vampire Baron - gothic romance - needs editing
Nocturnelle - gothic romance - first draft
The Last Hunter - fantasy - soaking
Endways of the Gods - fantasy mish/mash - might be garbage

To Betas
Dreadlight - Urban Fantasy

Writing Blog: New Years and SHERLOCK LIVES!

Books with Bettielee Blog: taking a break from the bookblog....

Twitter

Closed Thread