Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Office Party
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 05:30 PM   #5701
Susie
Thanks, special friend for my avi!
AW's Treasured Chocolate Birthday Lady

Susie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
good mornin', all! cashew-cheese lasagna? Sounds interesting, heyjude.

Thx ac 'bout me w. the chokolit Happy weekend. s!
Old 05-25-2012, 06:00 PM   #5702
heyjude
Making my own sunshine
AW Moderator

heyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyd View Post

I understand the words separately, but together? To each their own!
I'm a vegan, and this is one of our cheese substitutes.

And? It's deLICOUS. Even my hubby loves it.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:15 PM   #5703
Duchessmary
Where I want to be

Duchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Good morning House of Friday.
I do not feel like behaving today.

Old 05-25-2012, 08:31 PM   #5704
Michael Myers
Oh, puh-leeze.

Michael Myers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMichael Myers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMichael Myers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMichael Myers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMichael Myers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMichael Myers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMichael Myers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMichael Myers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMichael Myers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMichael Myers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMichael Myers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I be having grandsons over today. Maybe the granddaughters too. We play in the back yard. Those little tykes can wear a grandpa out, I swear.

It always comes down to trust.
But trust doesn't live forever.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:34 PM   #5705
Lavern08
When All Else Fails, Lavern It©

Lavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettielee View Post

Same thing with why do women take them shopping? Dudes don't like to shop.

Go shopping with your girlfriends, let your boyfriend go do what he likes while you're busy.
^ Word.

Kylabelle:
Laverning is how I get through the long days... (Don't ask about the long nights, just don't)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiddlywinks View Post

Whoo-hoo! I got Laverned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailD View Post
You haven't lived 'til you've been Laverned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
We've all been Laverned and we love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Rob View Post
Okay! I confess! I was Laverned in the library with the lead pipe!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostposts View Post
I was Laverned in the office with a monogrammed bed pan.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:02 PM   #5706
Maryn
Yes, Wine Was Involved
AW Moderator

Maryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Oh, that reminds me. When I hung Mr. Maryn's work pants, half the hems were frayed. He hates shopping so much I'm going to see if I can find identical pants online, so he doesn't have to--gasp!--enter a department store.

Maryn, still in love
, an irregular blog
The Occasional Tweet
Old 05-25-2012, 09:40 PM   #5707
alleycat
Gobble gobble
SuperModerator

alleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryn View Post
Oh, that reminds me. When I hung Mr. Maryn's work pants, half the hems were frayed. He hates shopping so much I'm going to see if I can find identical pants online, so he doesn't have to--gasp!--enter a department store.
Is he hard to fit? I'm a tall (big) guy so it's often hard to find casual clothes at a department store for me.

What stores do you shop at online?
Old 05-25-2012, 09:41 PM   #5708
GailD
Hoarding commas,

GailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

I hope you're all getting ready to have a great Memorial Day weekend.

New blog - Jumping Genres. (Updated August 14)

Old 05-25-2012, 09:53 PM   #5709
Michael Myers
Oh, puh-leeze.

Michael Myers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMichael Myers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMichael Myers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMichael Myers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMichael Myers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMichael Myers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMichael Myers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMichael Myers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMichael Myers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMichael Myers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMichael Myers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm 6'4 and like the pants my wife gets from LL Bean. She also reports they're pretty good folks, besides.

Old 05-25-2012, 09:56 PM   #5710
alleycat
Gobble gobble
SuperModerator

alleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
It's suppose to be unusually warm here (as the TV weather people keep telling us over and over). Around here people head to the pools, lakes, rivers, and water parks; or have cookouts; or attend a memory event; or work on the yard or garden; or just enjoy having an extra late spring day off.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:58 PM   #5711
alleycat
Gobble gobble
SuperModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Myers View Post
I'm 6'4 and like the pants my wife gets from LL Bean. She also reports they're pretty good folks, besides.
I'm about that tall too (just a fraction under). It's hard to find long rise pants in department stores even if they have my size.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:16 PM   #5712
Susie

Susie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
thx much, Gail. You're swell and so are y'all! I'm only 5' 2" does that count? btw, we sold the story to Prairie Times for their November issue, so that makes us feel some better... Happy weekend!
Old 05-25-2012, 11:27 PM   #5713
Duchessmary
Where I want to be

Duchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
For Susie!! Prelicks all around!!!!

Old 05-25-2012, 11:41 PM   #5714
Michael Myers
Oh, puh-leeze.

Hoorah Susie! I haven't so much as sold a cake yet.

My wife is 5'2 by the way. Our son turned out to about 6 foot and our daughter, about 5'6. So we figure, between the two of us, we rebalanced the gene pool a bit.

Last edited by Michael Myers; 05-25-2012 at 11:54 PM.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:46 PM   #5715
heyjude
Making my own sunshine
AW Moderator

heyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchessmary View Post
Good morning House of Friday.
I do not feel like behaving today.
Me neither! What should we get up to?

Susie, you have me by two inches!
Old 05-25-2012, 11:58 PM   #5716
Susie

thx guys, much appreciation! good luck to y'all, too. That's cool, heyjude! s!
Old 05-26-2012, 12:15 AM   #5717
alleycat
Gobble gobble
SuperModerator

The UPS guy just left a delivery from Amazon. One of the items was a 14" deep dish pizza pan.

What was I thinking? A 14" pizza pan is as big as a car wheel. I'll probably find a use for it, but probably not for pizza.

Well, it was free anyway. I use an Amazon credit card and used my cash rewards.
Old 05-26-2012, 12:23 AM   #5718
Duchessmary
Where I want to be

A giant tuna bowl for evil kitty!!!

Old 05-26-2012, 12:33 AM   #5719
Susie

thx much, ac. Good idea, Duchess! kee kat is nice kitty. Evil kitty is another kitty, huh.
Old 05-26-2012, 12:33 AM   #5720
alleycat
Gobble gobble
SuperModerator

I guess I could roast a turkey in it.

Or use it as a birdbath.

Or a giant serving tray.

Or a foot bath.
Old 05-26-2012, 01:07 AM   #5721
Sydneyd
Aye, ye scurvy dog!

Sydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
No plans for the weekend here. I work, as usual

But I'm off today!
Old 05-26-2012, 01:24 AM   #5722
heyjude
Making my own sunshine
AW Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
I guess I could roast a turkey in it.

Or use it as a birdbath.

Or a giant serving tray.

Or a foot bath.
What kind of cat are you?

It's a napping surface.
Old 05-26-2012, 02:15 AM   #5723
alleycat
Gobble gobble
SuperModerator

I know what I would have done with it as a kid. I would have taped a strap to it and turned it in to a silver shield. I would have become a gladiator fighting the vicious tigers in the backyard . . . if I could have gotten the cats to stand still long enough to fight, that is.
Old 05-26-2012, 04:01 AM   #5724
Stlight
ideas are floating where they will

Location: where you can put sugar sprinkles on lots of things
Stlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Heard on the weather news today that the TV stations set their thermometers in the shade about 5 feet off the ground and claim that's the temperature. Okay, maybe for my eyes up to the top of my head.

Just thought you ought to know why it feels hotter than the announcers say it is.
Old 05-26-2012, 04:03 AM   #5725
Stlight
ideas are floating where they will

Location: where you can put sugar sprinkles on lots of things
Stlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettielee View Post
good job, mom!!

Same thing with why do women take them shopping? Dudes don't like to shop. Go shopping with your girlfriends, let you boyfriend go do what he likes while you're busy.

In general I agree, but if a guy takes his girlfriend shopping he ought to take his wife shopping too.
Closed Thread