Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Office Party
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 06:06 PM   #5101
heyjude
Making my own sunshine
AW Moderator

heyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

My next tip: You can outrun a gator.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:22 PM   #5102
alleycat
I have a stuffy nose.
SuperModerator

alleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Or a hungry bear.

Old 05-19-2012, 06:25 PM   #5103
MrWrite
On a Classical groove!

Location: There's a classical music concert going on in my head!
MrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Or a rampaging muppet.

My new blog:
https://iwritepsychicwitness.wordpre...ink-of-an-eye/

I tweet: @PsychicWitness
@4paths2wellness

My website: www.4pathstowellness.com
Old 05-19-2012, 06:27 PM   #5104
alleycat
I have a stuffy nose.
SuperModerator

alleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Or Susie when there's cake involved.

Old 05-19-2012, 06:33 PM   #5105
MrWrite
On a Classical groove!

MrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
Or Susie when there's cake involved.
Ok, let's try to keep it believable...

My new blog:

@4paths2wellness

Old 05-19-2012, 06:57 PM   #5106
heyjude
Making my own sunshine
AW Moderator

heyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

You guys are almost as much fun as the beach.

(It rained on my beach morning. Blech. That's okay. I'm now a "Super Floozie". Right, Susie?)
Old 05-19-2012, 07:06 PM   #5107
MrWrite
On a Classical groove!

What do you mean *almost*?

My new blog:

@4paths2wellness

Old 05-19-2012, 08:09 PM   #5108
alleycat
I have a stuffy nose.
SuperModerator

Back from shopping and taking stuff to the recycling center.

It's hot out there.

Old 05-19-2012, 08:09 PM   #5109
Duchessmary
Where I want to be

Duchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Good morning, house of grasshopper instructors.

Old 05-19-2012, 08:11 PM   #5110
Susie
Thanks, special friend for my avi!
AW's Treasured Chocolate Birthday Lady

Susie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Originally Posted by alleycat

. . . Susie bathes in a vat of chocolate. Then rolls herself in chocolate frosting and coconut. Then she asks Howie if he wants to . . . uh,

*The above is not true. I don't roll myself in chokolit frosting and coconut. I don't like coconut, so I use chokolit chips instead

good mornin' all and hope your weekend is superb, like y'all! s!

PS heyjude, Bill is Billtrumpet, a funner Oh, and you don't have to behave, only ac does that. hehee. s Yep, you are definitely a "Super Floozie!"

Last edited by Susie; 05-19-2012 at 08:15 PM. Reason: added
Old 05-19-2012, 09:21 PM   #5111
bettielee
Just a regular Fairy Princess

bettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
it's nice and cool here... but I have to go get stuff out of my trunk.....and drink some coffee. Late start today.

Currently NaNoing: The Heroine from Hampshire - gothic romance maybe... kinda

To edit:
The Vampire Baron - gothic romance - needs editing
Nocturnelle - gothic romance - first draft
The Last Hunter - fantasy - soaking
Endways of the Gods - fantasy mish/mash - might be garbage

To Betas
Dreadlight - Urban Fantasy

Writing Blog: New Years and SHERLOCK LIVES!

Books with Bettielee Blog: taking a break from the bookblog....

Twitter

Old 05-19-2012, 09:36 PM   #5112
Susie
Thanks, special friend for my avi!
AW's Treasured Chocolate Birthday Lady

Susie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
You haven't had coffee yet??? Iz almost 1 pm there! Yikes. Here's s for you 'n all!
Old 05-19-2012, 10:27 PM   #5113
AbielleRose
Crazy Cat Lady

AbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*stuffs Susie's cake full of coffee beans*

Stained Glass in the Night Blog / Twitter

Among the Stars in Sci Fi/Fantasy SYW
Old 05-19-2012, 10:52 PM   #5114
kayleamay
I'm on the phone.

kayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I was just about to go run a few errands and the main street that seperates me from town is closed down for a marching band parade. Half the business I needed to go to are on the parade route. Guess I'll hang around the house for three more hours or so.

*eats coffee beans stuffed cake*

Good stuff, Abielle!

Hushpuppy: "When it all goes quiet behind my eyes, I see everything that made me flying around in invisible pieces. When I look too hard it goes away. And when it all goes quiet, I see they are right here. I see that I'm a little piece of a big, big universe and that makes things right. When I die, the scientists of the future, they're gonna find it all. They're gonna know, once there was a Hushpuppy and she lived with her daddy in the bathtub." ~ Beasts of the Southern Wild
Old 05-19-2012, 11:22 PM   #5115
MrWrite
On a Classical groove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbielleRose View Post
*stuffs Susie's cake full of coffee beans*

Mmmm coffee cake!

My new blog:

@4paths2wellness

Old 05-19-2012, 11:41 PM   #5116
heyjude
Making my own sunshine
AW Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie View Post
Yep, you are definitely a "Super Floozie!" [/I]
I'm so proud.
Old 05-19-2012, 11:42 PM   #5117
Sydneyd
Aye, ye scurvy dog!

Sydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Made some food. I see we have new faces!! Hello new faces
Old 05-19-2012, 11:44 PM   #5118
heyjude
Making my own sunshine
AW Moderator

Old 05-20-2012, 12:11 AM   #5119
Sydneyd
Aye, ye scurvy dog!

Sydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Though, you are not new to me I've seen you before.

Edit: That was a friendly "I've seen you before." Not ominous or anything. I thought I should clarify.

Last edited by Sydneyd; 05-20-2012 at 12:23 AM.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:44 AM   #5120
alleycat
I have a stuffy nose.
SuperModerator

Yikes! What a storm we're having this afternoon. So much for the annual community picnic.

Old 05-20-2012, 01:40 AM   #5121
alleycat
I have a stuffy nose.
SuperModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyd View Post
I thought I should clarify.
Never clarify in GSHoFF. It just makes things worse.

"What's behind us is not our problem . . . unless it's a grizzly bear."

Old 05-20-2012, 02:23 AM   #5122
bettielee
Just a regular Fairy Princess

bettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie View Post
You haven't had coffee yet??? Iz almost 1 pm there! Yikes. Here's s for you 'n all!
actually, it was only almost 10 am. I don't know if I can fend off the desire to order a large pizza.

I really don't.

It would be nice to have pizza in the hizouse.

Currently NaNoing: The Heroine from Hampshire - gothic romance maybe... kinda

To edit:
The Vampire Baron - gothic romance - needs editing
Nocturnelle - gothic romance - first draft
The Last Hunter - fantasy - soaking
Endways of the Gods - fantasy mish/mash - might be garbage

To Betas
Dreadlight - Urban Fantasy

Writing Blog: New Years and SHERLOCK LIVES!

Books with Bettielee Blog: taking a break from the bookblog....

Twitter

Old 05-20-2012, 02:31 AM   #5123
alleycat
I have a stuffy nose.
SuperModerator

Once you start thinking about a pizza it's impossible to resist.

Actually, that's true of almost all Italian food. (Yes, yes, yes, I know the pizza in the US is not normally the same as pizza in Italy,)

Old 05-20-2012, 03:18 AM   #5124
kayleamay
I'm on the phone.

kayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I ended up spending the afternoon at the public market.

I bought a loaf of garlic bread, fresh out of the oven, a "tumbled" chicken to roast tonight (still unsure what tumbled chicken is, but I suppose I'll find out), some Walla Walla onions, butter lettuce, roma tomatoes and yogurt dressing. All of that an I'm only out $12. Not bad for everything I need to make dinner for four.

Hushpuppy: "When it all goes quiet behind my eyes, I see everything that made me flying around in invisible pieces. When I look too hard it goes away. And when it all goes quiet, I see they are right here. I see that I'm a little piece of a big, big universe and that makes things right. When I die, the scientists of the future, they're gonna find it all. They're gonna know, once there was a Hushpuppy and she lived with her daddy in the bathtub." ~ Beasts of the Southern Wild
Old 05-20-2012, 03:29 AM   #5125
heyjude
Making my own sunshine
AW Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyd View Post
Though, you are not new to me I've seen you before.

Edit: That was a friendly "I've seen you before." Not ominous or anything. I thought I should clarify.
I write MTS. Stalking is fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
Never clarify in GSHoFF. It just makes things worse.

"What's behind us is not our problem . . . unless it's a grizzly bear."
Or a floozie.

But then it's a good problem.
Closed Thread