Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Office Party
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 02:59 AM   #4951
alleycat
"Do we need tuna?"
SuperModerator

alleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Cut down the trees!

Just kidding.

I seem to remember a nature show on PBS where tree frogs were such a problem that whole neighborhoods were losing sleep.

Old 05-18-2012, 03:45 AM   #4952
alleycat
"Do we need tuna?"
SuperModerator

alleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Human fed.

Except for the ice cream.

Old 05-18-2012, 04:33 AM   #4953
Duchessmary
Where I want to be

Duchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I hate gnats.

Old 05-18-2012, 06:43 AM   #4954
bettielee
Just a regular Fairy Princess

bettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by night-flyer View Post
Susie gets schmooed so much the cakes are still spinning in her avie. Well not in this avie...she's rockin' that outfit.

In other news, some guy banged on my door and said he wanted a bologna sandwich. At one in the morning?? Sheesh.
ok, NF... seriously. A guy bangs on your door at 1 am, you CALL THE COPS! Seriously. If he's so out of it he bangs on the door, he might bang on a window or break some glass... or something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by night-flyer View Post
w00t! Yay Cliff! Way to go.

I didn't even open the door. It's not going to happen at one in the morning. He wouldn't go away, though and he just kept banging. Really freaked me out so I called my daughter and her and her husband came over. He checked the backyard and stuff, but the guy was gone.

The new neighbor across the street (which may very well be on crack) said that that guy had banged on his door two nights ago at three in the morning. He told him he was gonna pop a cap in his ass. He said that he went outside when he saw him banging on my door and was going to take him out if he tried to break in. But I could of sworn that he wasn't even there at the time. Very strange, I tell you. Not sure which guy to be more scared of. lol
he's a serial banger!!!

I just had bangers who want to clean my carpet... the bastards. Told 'em to go away. Brand new carpet!!!

I'm thinkin' I might have to be takin' a weekender nap.....

I'm going to do more editing this weekend. Working on the query for my story, I think I found ways to make it moar better.

The rest of you funners workin' on anything good?

Currently NaNoing: The Heroine from Hampshire - gothic romance maybe... kinda

To edit:
The Vampire Baron - gothic romance - needs editing
Nocturnelle - gothic romance - first draft
The Last Hunter - fantasy - soaking
Endways of the Gods - fantasy mish/mash - might be garbage

To Betas
Dreadlight - Urban Fantasy

Writing Blog: New Years and SHERLOCK LIVES!

Books with Bettielee Blog: taking a break from the bookblog....

Twitter

Old 05-18-2012, 06:44 AM   #4955
bettielee

bettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchessmary View Post
I hate gnats.
me, toos!

There are always a giant swarm out back... the little creek runnin' through is nice... but goshgolly there's bugs....

To edit:

To Betas

Twitter

Old 05-18-2012, 06:45 AM   #4956
Cliff Face
Meet Jill, the goth guitar!

Cliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
All I have planned is to do a buttload of reading.

So far I've read... 6 pages. Yeah.

I'm so easily distracted.
The Anger That Drives Me To Heresy
Old 05-18-2012, 07:00 AM   #4957
Susie
Thanks, special friend for my avi!
AW's Treasured Chocolate Birthday Lady

Susie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
nighty, hope things are better and that guy isn't bangin' on your door no more! Yep, call the police, like the others have said! Hope all is well and okay now. s

Thx guys, yeah gnats are gross! I'm not too crazy 'bout animal life right now. You guys eat s

Please check out my book on this link. Thanks.
https://www.createspace.com/4742539
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/...d.php?t=138688
HOF link: http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8514909#post8514909
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/...07#post7397507
verning is the only way to travel!
*Prelicks Suze - It's the next best thing to getting Laverned*
Old 05-18-2012, 07:28 AM   #4958
bettielee

*eats lotsa caeks*

To edit:

To Betas

Twitter

Old 05-18-2012, 07:46 AM   #4959
kenthepen
practical experience, FTW

kenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Cats can be great weapons.

1) Grasp cat firmly by tail

2) Swing quickly around your head to build up speed

3) Whack offender in the face with cat(the cat will take care of the rest)

note:

BE SURE to complete steps in rapid succession!

Severe allergic reaction to the slightest traces of reality

Kenneth Folta available on Smashwords
Old 05-18-2012, 07:50 AM   #4960
alleycat
"Do we need tuna?"
SuperModerator

Let me know when you get to step 2, Ken.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:53 AM   #4961
kenthepen

kenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Talking

I meant REALLY rapid succession!

Old 05-18-2012, 07:56 AM   #4962
alleycat
"Do we need tuna?"
SuperModerator

I have the TV news on. They're doing a story on the London Olympics.

It's hard to believe it's time for another Olympics.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:01 AM   #4963
kayleamay
I'm on the phone.

kayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
KILL THE GNATS!

I went on a six mile walk with hubs last night and I walked right into a swarm. I think I swallowed several of them. And now my knees hurt. Not from the gnats, from the walk.

Aside: my orchard is infested with lady bugs, which is good because they eat aphids and aphids are like less mobile gnats. KILL THE APHIDS!

Hushpuppy: "When it all goes quiet behind my eyes, I see everything that made me flying around in invisible pieces. When I look too hard it goes away. And when it all goes quiet, I see they are right here. I see that I'm a little piece of a big, big universe and that makes things right. When I die, the scientists of the future, they're gonna find it all. They're gonna know, once there was a Hushpuppy and she lived with her daddy in the bathtub." ~ Beasts of the Southern Wild
Old 05-18-2012, 08:03 AM   #4964
kenthepen

Gnats are an excellent source of nutrients. The only problem is, you have to swallow thousands and thousands of them.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:07 AM   #4965
kayleamay
I'm on the phone.

kayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
You know what else is an excellent source of nutrients?

Bacon.

Hushpuppy: "When it all goes quiet behind my eyes, I see everything that made me flying around in invisible pieces. When I look too hard it goes away. And when it all goes quiet, I see they are right here. I see that I'm a little piece of a big, big universe and that makes things right. When I die, the scientists of the future, they're gonna find it all. They're gonna know, once there was a Hushpuppy and she lived with her daddy in the bathtub." ~ Beasts of the Southern Wild
Old 05-18-2012, 08:33 AM   #4966
Susie

Susie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
and pie.
and s

HOF link: http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8514909#post8514909
Old 05-18-2012, 08:56 AM   #4967
alleycat
"Do we need tuna?"
SuperModerator

Bacon? Pie? Cake?

I love you people!

Old 05-18-2012, 09:15 AM   #4968
Susie

We lurve you, too, ac! All the love iz contained here. 'n bacon, pie, s

Old 05-18-2012, 10:05 AM   #4969
Billtrumpet25
Gaze upon my shih-tzu powers!

Billtrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Just finished an awesome end of the year concert. It was great way to end my senior year.

I'm sure someone will put it on Youtube soon.

War of the Wizard (Book 1): undergoing editing

The Wizard's Curse (Book 2): 60% complete

"The Dark Ages: Life With a Bipolar (WIP-narrative nonfiction of my experiences with my bipolar dad, and how to deal with the bp dis.'s turbulence.

http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view...45&trk=tab_pro

https://twitter.com/BillFitzgibbons
Old 05-18-2012, 10:06 AM   #4970
Billtrumpet25

Billtrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
I have the TV news on. They're doing a story on the London Olympics.

It's hard to believe it's time for another Olympics.
I completely agree with you.

"The Dark Ages: Life With a Bipolar (WIP-narrative nonfiction of my experiences with my bipolar dad, and how to deal with the bp dis.'s turbulence.

Old 05-18-2012, 10:17 AM   #4971
alleycat
"Do we need tuna?"
SuperModerator

So, where are you off to now, Bill? In the fall, I mean.

I know what's you going to do this summer . . . hang around the pool, pretend you're writing, read a little, and hit on girls. That's what I would do anyway.

Old 05-18-2012, 10:32 AM   #4972
Billtrumpet25

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
So, where are you off to now, Bill? In the fall, I mean.

I know what's you going to do this summer . . . hang around the pool, pretend you're writing, read a little, and hit on girls. That's what I would do anyway.
I'm off to ASU to double major in Music Education and English. Thank you for asking.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:18 AM   #4973
night-flyer
flying about searching for cows

night-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

huh, that doesn't sound nearly as fun...but congrats, Bill. Sounds as if you're on the road to success.

did someone mention bacon? and pie? and cake?

twitter & fb (for a friend)

WIP1- One of Us, SF/Horror
WIP2- Flying with Broken Wings, Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synonym View Post
Just when I think that this thread couldn't possibly get any stranger...it does.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:43 AM   #4974
Silent Rob
Riff-Raff

Silent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Nope.

Those things don't exist.

ROAR
Old 05-18-2012, 12:05 PM   #4975
night-flyer
flying about searching for cows

night-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
The cats have all weaseled their way into my room, I think they are hiding from the serial banger. I think I'll trade 'em in for ninja cats.

good day to you, Rob.

twitter & fb (for a friend)

WIP1- One of Us, SF/Horror
WIP2- Flying with Broken Wings, Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synonym View Post
Just when I think that this thread couldn't possibly get any stranger...it does.

Closed Thread