Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Office Party
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 06:49 PM   #4701
Silent Rob
Riff-Raff

Silent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Waims!
Old 05-14-2012, 06:53 PM   #4702
Lavern08
When All Else Fails, Lavern ItŠ

Lavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
* Puts the cape on*

I'm here to Revenge the misuse of "your" and "you're"

* Shakes fist and "capers" out *

Silent Rob:

I Lavern too... I started once, and now I just can't stop.

Kylabelle:

Laverning is how I get through the long days, mostly. (don't ask about the long nights, just don't)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alleycat View Post
I need a good Laverning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWest View Post
Laverning is for lovers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyAssauer View Post
I'd rather be Laverning
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.S.F. View Post
I'll be Laverning all of you sooner or later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
... I've *finally* been Laverned!!! It's even better than they said it would be!
Old 05-14-2012, 07:02 PM   #4703
Silent Rob
Riff-Raff

Silent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
We're on you're side, Lavern!

Fornsteners united!

ROAR
Old 05-14-2012, 07:03 PM   #4704
Lavern08

Lavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
^ DANG you, Muppet!!!!!

Silent Rob:

Kylabelle:

Laverning is how I get through the long days, mostly. (don't ask about the long nights, just don't)

Quote:
I need a good Laverning.
Quote:
Laverning is for lovers!
Quote:
I'd rather be Laverning
Quote:
Quote:
... I've *finally* been Laverned!!! It's even better than they said it would be!
Old 05-14-2012, 07:04 PM   #4705
Silent Rob
Riff-Raff

*capers*
Old 05-14-2012, 07:07 PM   #4706
Susie
Thanks, special friend for my avi!
AW's Treasured Chocolate Birthday Lady

Susie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
youz givin' verny a hard time? I'll put a stomp to this I think it'z no day again! s
Old 05-14-2012, 07:11 PM   #4707
Duchessmary
Where I want to be

Duchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Susie is flashing her butt already!?!

Old 05-14-2012, 07:14 PM   #4708
stormie
storm central

stormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Everyone's capering again. Yay! (Except Susie--she's too busy moonin' everyone )

Reminds me--I must use up the capers I have. (Capers on pizza is great. Oh, then there's lemon chicken with capers, pasta w/ olive oil and capers....)

I'm hungry.

An Interview

BLOG BLOG BLOG
Old 05-14-2012, 07:21 PM   #4709
Silent Rob
Riff-Raff

*capers, with extra pizzazz*
Old 05-14-2012, 07:52 PM   #4710
Lavern08

Ok,

Now I'm craving capers.

DANG you, Stormie!!!

Silent Rob:

Kylabelle:

Quote:
I need a good Laverning.
Quote:
Laverning is for lovers!
Quote:
I'd rather be Laverning
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-14-2012, 08:17 PM   #4711
Purple Rose
practical experience, FTW

Purple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavern08 View Post
Ok,

Now I'm craving capers.

DANG you, Stormie!!!
How is it even possible to crave capers? It's not a cravable food, is it? Pizza yes, cake and chocolate definitely. But capers? Grits? Surely not, Verny!
Old 05-14-2012, 09:09 PM   #4712
Sydneyd
Aye, ye scurvy dog!

Sydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Good morning!!! My legs are aching, too much weeding yesterday!! Can you guys revenge against that for me?
Old 05-14-2012, 09:12 PM   #4713
Silent Rob
Riff-Raff

You want us to have a word with your dealer, Syd?

*jazz hands*
Old 05-14-2012, 09:15 PM   #4714
Sydneyd
Aye, ye scurvy dog!

Sydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
A strong word, Revenger's Style
Old 05-14-2012, 09:56 PM   #4715
alleycat
Hippity-hoppity
AW Moderator

alleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Revenge!

Old 05-14-2012, 10:24 PM   #4716
kayleamay
I'm on the phone.

kayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
The sun is SHINING!
The birds are SINGING!
I don't know how we went from snow in April and 90 degree temps in May, but I'll take it.

*leaves grits with capers for Lavern*
*flops into hammock with a glass of iced tea and a book*

Hushpuppy: "When it all goes quiet behind my eyes, I see everything that made me flying around in invisible pieces. When I look too hard it goes away. And when it all goes quiet, I see they are right here. I see that I'm a little piece of a big, big universe and that makes things right. When I die, the scientists of the future, they're gonna find it all. They're gonna know, once there was a Hushpuppy and she lived with her daddy in the bathtub." ~ Beasts of the Southern Wild
Old 05-14-2012, 10:31 PM   #4717
kenthepen
practical experience, FTW

kenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Rob usually does the capering around here, but I'll give it a shot if he's unavailable.

Severe allergic reaction to the slightest traces of reality

Kenneth Folta available on Smashwords
Old 05-14-2012, 11:18 PM   #4718
SWest
Rogue mint has been sighted...

SWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

Wish Me Away

Ours is characteristically the kind of if-it-isn't-this-it-has-to-be-that, dichotomized, either/or thinking that philosophers from earlier times have cautioned can lead to a simplistic misreading of reality. And, indeed, psychologists today have discovered it is the mark of a lower or less psychologically evolved stage of cognitive and emotional development. - Riane Eisler
Old 05-14-2012, 11:30 PM   #4719
Lavern08

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayleamay View Post

*leaves grits with capers for Lavern*
Have I told you lately that I lurve you?

Silent Rob:

Kylabelle:

Quote:
I need a good Laverning.
Quote:
Laverning is for lovers!
Quote:
I'd rather be Laverning
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-14-2012, 11:38 PM   #4720
LaurieD
aka Skwirrel

LaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayleamay View Post
*flops into hammock with a glass of iced tea and a book*

*Instigates avalanche of apricots.*

Tada! Apricot Iced Tea!

You, um, have a little bit o'sumpin there, n there, and in your hair...

Oops...

*skidaddles*
Old 05-14-2012, 11:41 PM   #4721
Stlight
ideas are floating where they will

Location: where you can put sugar sprinkles on lots of things
Stlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Beware the creeping, okay not so creeping as they are taller than me vines. I haz some height.

They have bad evil thorns, so I was cutting them one stalk at a time and throwing them away so puppy would not step on thorns. And so I would not have to find thorns in ouchy puppy foots.

I thought they were wild roses. They are not.

I thought they were thistles. They are not.

The ones I took off the fence today had the beginnings of raspberries on them. There are thorns in the berries!!!!!

DO NOT WANT.

Still cutting one stalk at a time and throwing away.

Stlight of the long posts.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:36 AM   #4722
Susie
Thanks, special friend for my avi!
AW's Treasured Chocolate Birthday Lady

Susie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
'ey all! Glad puppy doesn't have thorns in his paw!
Old 05-15-2012, 12:55 AM   #4723
Silent Rob
Riff-Raff

*late night revenge jazz hands*
Old 05-15-2012, 01:15 AM   #4724
kayleamay
I'm on the phone.

kayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
*leaves extra butter for Swestie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavern08 View Post
Have I told you lately that I lurve you?
*blushes

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieD View Post
*Instigates avalanche of apricots.*

Tada! Apricot Iced Tea!

You, um, have a little bit o'sumpin there, n there, and in your hair...

Oops...

*skidaddles*
*sucks jam out of bangs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Rob View Post
*writes memo to Mother Nature telling her that our plan to steal the sun for Jarmany worked*

Hushpuppy: "When it all goes quiet behind my eyes, I see everything that made me flying around in invisible pieces. When I look too hard it goes away. And when it all goes quiet, I see they are right here. I see that I'm a little piece of a big, big universe and that makes things right. When I die, the scientists of the future, they're gonna find it all. They're gonna know, once there was a Hushpuppy and she lived with her daddy in the bathtub." ~ Beasts of the Southern Wild
Old 05-15-2012, 02:41 AM   #4725
GailD
Plotting the breakthrough...

GailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Rob View Post

*watches ^*

Nice rhythm. The yawn in the middle kind of made the left hand wobble there, for a minute. Good swing with the right, though.

Any agents who rejected Awer's today are now thoroughly cowed.

New blog - Write, Right and Research. Part 3 (Final) UPDATED DEC 1st. With pictures!!

Closed Thread