Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Office Party
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 02:02 AM   #3626
kayleamay
I'm on the phone.

kayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I think guys spend more time focusing on other features, like points.

I keep mine short. Sometimes I put clear coat on them, but usually they're au natural.

Hushpuppy: "When it all goes quiet behind my eyes, I see everything that made me flying around in invisible pieces. When I look too hard it goes away. And when it all goes quiet, I see they are right here. I see that I'm a little piece of a big, big universe and that makes things right. When I die, the scientists of the future, they're gonna find it all. They're gonna know, once there was a Hushpuppy and she lived with her daddy in the bathtub." ~ Beasts of the Southern Wild
Old 05-02-2012, 02:43 AM   #3627
alleycat
Hippity-hoppity
AW Moderator

alleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Well, changing the subject before I actually do get slapped . . .

It's been a beautiful day here today. Almost too warm; currently 86.

Old 05-02-2012, 03:08 AM   #3628
Susie
Thanks, special friend for my avi!
AW's Treasured Chocolate Birthday Lady

Susie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
oh, ok, kazy, I kinda do like that lil guy and I lurve Pillsbury products

Hope y'all have a great night! s
Old 05-02-2012, 03:10 AM   #3629
Archerbird
Nightowl

Archerbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsArcherbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsArcherbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsArcherbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsArcherbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsArcherbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsArcherbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsArcherbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsArcherbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsArcherbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsArcherbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Oh hai. If I tell the insurance company that I hate me life, d'you think they'll give me a new one?

And..wtf? AC talking about nails and nailpolish?..

Ah, right. This place isn't/aren't getting weirder by the day at all.

I'm going to bed. Night.

Old 05-02-2012, 03:50 AM   #3630
Sydneyd
Aye, ye scurvy dog!

Sydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I bite mine. Munch, munch.

I think I may try my hand a sort of mexican/tortilla inspired soup tonight. Fingernails not included.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:59 AM   #3631
alleycat
Hippity-hoppity
AW Moderator

alleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Enchiladas! With homemade enchilada sauce. And cheese, lots of cheese.

Old 05-02-2012, 04:07 AM   #3632
kayleamay
I'm on the phone.

kayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyd View Post
I bite mine. Munch, munch.

I think I may try my hand a sort of mexican/tortilla inspired soup tonight. Fingernails not included.
I have an ex sister-in-law who, um, kept a rather sloppy (see the show Hoarders for example) house. One year she brought a pie for Christmas dinner. We were always a little leary of eating things she brought, but my dad (the only one who never saw their house because he was a friggin' recluse) gave it a shot. He was about two bites in when he spit out an acrylic fingernail. After that, her dishes went untouched at family gatherings, which made me feel kind of sorry for her.

(But not sorry enough to risk food poisoning.)

(She was a rather nice person, though.)

(Except for when she wasn't.)

Hushpuppy: "When it all goes quiet behind my eyes, I see everything that made me flying around in invisible pieces. When I look too hard it goes away. And when it all goes quiet, I see they are right here. I see that I'm a little piece of a big, big universe and that makes things right. When I die, the scientists of the future, they're gonna find it all. They're gonna know, once there was a Hushpuppy and she lived with her daddy in the bathtub." ~ Beasts of the Southern Wild
Old 05-02-2012, 04:08 AM   #3633
CassandraW
on leave

CassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
roasted asparagus topped with parmesan cheese and softly scrambled eggs. Sounds odd, but it's actually a fantastic combination.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:12 AM   #3634
Synonym
There is a difference!

Synonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Warmed-up leftovers. Shephard pie is actually one of those things that may be better the second time!

Old 05-02-2012, 04:29 AM   #3635
Honeybug
Working my way up!

Honeybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayleamay View Post
I have an ex sister-in-law who, um, kept a rather sloppy (see the show Hoarders for example) house. One year she brought a pie for Christmas dinner. We were always a little leary of eating things she brought, but my dad (the only one who never saw their house because he was a friggin' recluse) gave it a shot. He was about two bites in when he spit out an acrylic fingernail. After that, her dishes went untouched at family gatherings, which made me feel kind of sorry for her.

(But not sorry enough to risk food poisoning.)

(She was a rather nice person, though.)

(Except for when she wasn't.)

That's gotta be better than biting into a burger and a having a band-aid dangle from your mouth!

Ewwwwwyyyyy!!! True story---If I had been the suing kind, I'da been a rich girl!!

http://honeyboudreaux.weebly.com/

There are people who live in a dream world,
There are people who live in reality,
Then, there are those who turn one into the other.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:34 AM   #3636
Duchessmary
Where I want to be

Duchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
UGH. No more gross food stories.

Fingernails: Mine are moderately long, scrupulously clean and neatly done with polish. My favorite is a french manicure. Ditto my toes.
So there.

Old 05-02-2012, 04:40 AM   #3637
Cliff Face
Meet Jill, the goth guitar!

Cliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I like long nails. I generally have the longest nails in my family. Except when one breaks - then they all get cut.

And I have been known to wear black nail polish on occasion.

I love the stranger colours, like green or blue or something, on a woman's nails.
The Anger That Drives Me To Heresy
Old 05-02-2012, 04:41 AM   #3638
Cliff Face

Cliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Though I'm not really a fan of acrylic nails. I prefer home-grown long ones.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:43 AM   #3639
Michael Myers
Oh, puh-leeze.

Michael Myers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMichael Myers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMichael Myers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMichael Myers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMichael Myers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMichael Myers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMichael Myers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMichael Myers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMichael Myers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMichael Myers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMichael Myers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayleamay View Post
So how long have you been living at the P.O.?

It always comes down to trust.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:13 AM   #3640
bettielee
Just a regular Fairy Princess

bettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I like to have a short french manicure. I used to do my own nails. I bite them if I don't have fake ones... sigh... but it got to be too much. Now that I have room in the budget, I might go back to doing them again. I miss them.

I'm having a very good frozen pepperoni pizza - it's the kind our store makes themselves, you just take it home and cook it. They put lots of herbs and spices.

Things are feeling a little more homey. I know where the Walmart, the Lucky Store, and the Food Maxx is now. All on the way to work - which is great, as gas is so freaking expensive, I won't be making trips anywhere unless it's on the way to and from work!! I was not expecting how much gas I would need. Oh well.

Currently NaNoing: The Heroine from Hampshire - gothic romance maybe... kinda

To edit:
The Vampire Baron - gothic romance - needs editing
Nocturnelle - gothic romance - first draft
The Last Hunter - fantasy - soaking
Endways of the Gods - fantasy mish/mash - might be garbage

To Betas
Dreadlight - Urban Fantasy

Writing Blog: New Years and SHERLOCK LIVES!

Books with Bettielee Blog: taking a break from the bookblog....

Twitter

Old 05-02-2012, 05:24 AM   #3641
Synonym
There is a difference!

Synonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSynonym is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm not a germaphobe and I have moderately long nails...until I break one off on a mailbox.

Old 05-02-2012, 06:02 AM   #3642
Cliff Face

The last time I broke a nail, it was because of a kettle.

Yeah. That's just how I roll.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:16 AM   #3643
Synonym
There is a difference!

Gotta watch those kettles Cliff!

Old 05-02-2012, 06:21 AM   #3644
CassandraW
on leave

CassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettielee View Post
I like to have a short french manicure.
I like those!

I have very white nail tips and very pink nail beds. If they're well buffed or I have a coat of clear on them, it almost looks like a french manicure. I'm so clumsy I'd just chip a manicure in the first ten minutes, anyway, so all in all I'm better leaving off the polish and going with ma nature.

I'm still giggling at AC's idea of someone painting little pictures of Jesus on her nails. It's a scary thought. But I'm sure someone, somewhere has done it.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:38 AM   #3645
Honeybug
Working my way up!

Honeybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I must admit my nails are a decent length, not short, but not overly long. I need them I telllzzz ya!! For rappin---ya know, rappin on the table, rabbin on the puter---it's the sound!

http://honeyboudreaux.weebly.com/

There are people who live in a dream world,
There are people who live in reality,
Then, there are those who turn one into the other.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:46 AM   #3646
alleycat
Hippity-hoppity
AW Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassandraW View Post
I'm still giggling at AC's idea of someone painting little pictures of Jesus on her nails. It's a scary thought. But I'm sure someone, somewhere has done it.

Old 05-02-2012, 06:49 AM   #3647
Sydneyd
Aye, ye scurvy dog!

Sydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
No words.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:11 AM   #3648
CassandraW
on leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post

OMG. I. Have. No. Words.

Old 05-02-2012, 07:16 AM   #3649
kayleamay
I'm on the phone.

Baked salmon, green beans, sourdough bread. NOM.

(And my kids will only eat as much salmon as I force them too, so I get NOM for lunch tomorrow too.)

P.S. Those Jesus nails are creepy.

Old 05-02-2012, 07:22 AM   #3650
Sydneyd
Aye, ye scurvy dog!

Speaking of creepy, have a bad day? The avvie of yours is a little unsettling